+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bring your boots on Saturday!

Bring your boots on Saturday!

Re: Bring your boots on Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Back in the day Paul we always rocked up with our lace up docs , Sta Press, button down Ben's .

Once again great summary , without your in depth blog I would be lost ,as the free world press and the City can't seem to keep up with your reporting , summarising and knowledge.

Cheers Paul, entertaining read. Funny enough, at the time you posted this, I posted a new thread in which I too questioned our training methods. Great minds and all that!

Bellamy had a little pop at Tomlin's fitness after the game.

There is no excuse for it really being a highly paid professional. He hasn't played for 10 days and then only for 65 odd minutes!

As for the ref well he was just incompetent, and I hated the way he strutted around like a male model. Hoillett had a god shout for a first half penalty and he booked Bogle for a foul equivalent to fouls by several of their players. Plus he blew up the wrong way for Moore jumping all over Paterson.

The lino on the far side was just as bad missing a ball a few feet over the line and gave Bogle offside when McShane headed it straight to him.

ps. I cannot find your blog on the Norwich game on your web site?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Judging by recent events against Norwich and last night, City seem to have a bunch of players that occasionally go on to the pitch having forgotten everything the manager has instilled into them. Fortunately there's always the half time chat to sort things out again..

^^ Perhaps NW could bring the chat forward 50 minutes each game. ;)

I thought we did very well against a good pacy side, we have so much injury now which has now depleted our bench,NW has installed fight in them , thought this about a few players last night :

Bogle : does seem to have some nice touches and will be a good player in the future to be fair hes 3rd choice and chucked in at the moment and he know that.

Patterson was poor last nigh don't think he a right winger or match fit , or aware of the championship yet.

Ralls was superb and is a very reliable lad ,we should appreciate his qualities more.

Manga is not a full back and lacks pace good center back can go walkabout though,so glad Peltier came on .

Bennett is a good player cracking goal can be turned and beaten though.

Bamba is a great last ditch defender can get turned ,but a great player/influence for us ,giant yesterday .

Keeper well he needs to boss the box .

Tomlin is not fit , why, he's so talented ,probably a problem boy, that's why we have him .

Damour looks good bit quiet yesterday .

Lange looked our most willing and dangerous player along with Holilet .

I wonder what the neutral made of it .

I think blaming referees, extenuating circumstances, just shows a weakness in our game or performance

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Back in the day Paul we always rocked up with our lace up docs , Sta Press, button down Ben's .

Once again great summary , without your in depth blog I would be lost ,as the free world press and the City can't seem to keep up with your reporting , summarising and knowledge.
    Thanks very much

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Cheers Paul, entertaining read. Funny enough, at the time you posted this, I posted a new thread in which I too questioned our training methods. Great minds and all that!
    I'm not convinced about all of these injuries being down to training, but the question was bound to be raised given that the situation seems to be getting worse - another reason I'm doubtful about it being due to training methods is that we seem to have a wide range of injuries, if there was a problem with training you'd expect all of them to be of a similar type.

Has anyone explained the back pass rule to Neil Etheridge yet? Clown

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I thought we did very well against a good pacy side, we have so much injury now which has now depleted our bench,NW has installed fight in them , thought this about a few players last night :

Bogle : does seem to have some nice touches and will be a good player in the future to be fair hes 3rd choice and chucked in at the moment and he know that.

Patterson was poor last nigh don't think he a right winger or match fit , or aware of the championship yet.

Ralls was superb and is a very reliable lad ,we should appreciate his qualities more.

Manga is not a full back and lacks pace good center back can go walkabout though,so glad Peltier came on .

Bennett is a good player cracking goal can be turned and beaten though.

Bamba is a great last ditch defender can get turned ,but a great player/influence for us ,giant yesterday .

Keeper well he needs to boss the box .

Tomlin is not fit , why, he's so talented ,probably a problem boy, that's why we have him .

Damour looks good bit quiet yesterday .

Lange looked our most willing and dangerous player along with Holilet .

I wonder what the neutral made of it .

I think blaming referees, extenuating circumstances, just shows a weakness in our game or performance

I did not like the way Bogle played on Monday.

He seemed to be more on the wings, than where he should be, which is down the middle. Wasted as he couldn't beat his man, he is more about pace through the middle.