Re: Good post from ****

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Unhinged
    Harsh but fair

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Thoughtful reply from Wolves fan:

"We're they're competition at the top aren't we? That'll be why they're concentrating on what we're doing and how we're doing it.

If the boot was on the other foot we'd be talking about them and trying to accuse them of all sorts whilst hoping the wheels fall off.

To be honest so far this season they deserve a lot more credit from the media than they're getting. The media and Channel 5 keeps going on about how good we are and the other teams that are hanging on to our shirt tails are barely getting a look in. Can you imagine how annoying it is for fans of the other clubs challenging at the top?

I can remember being in the Premier League and being one of the handful of clubs who were always shown last on Match Of The Day irrespective of whether we played well or the match itself was brilliant. We only ever were on earlier than that when we'd had a right tonking from one of the big boys. Nobody talked about us and it was frustrating.

It's almost as frustrating as this constant obsession with how much money we've spent when in reality other teams like Middlesbrough so far have spent more, albeit we spent over £15 million on one of the best young players in Europe and they spent the same on a striker from Nottingham Forest with a gammy leg. They also spent almost 10 million quid on a Scandinavian striker with a name that wouldn't be out of place on Coronation Street. Nearly 7 million on an ex Manchester United reserve striker who was crap at West Ham, 5 million on a goalkeeper who couldn't get a game at West Ham and 3 million on a bloke from Oxford United.

Yeah we're getting a helping hand from the worlds biggest football agent, at the moment he has a vested interest in us. He's giving some of his clients a stage to perform on rather than languishing in reserve or B teams for some of Europe's biggest. It's brilliant for us and hopefully it'll help us to push on to where Fosun want us to be. I also think in the long run it'll be brilliant for the Championship. I'm sure there'll be more young players willing to play at this level in the future to better themselves rather than their season peaking because they've made it onto the pre-season squad photo.

Are we losing/selling our soul to the devil to get there? From the outside looking in I'd imagine it looks very much like that. But for me this club has been a soulless husk long before the Chinese and Portuguese came marching into the Black Country. Tradition, history and fan base aside we've been also rans for decades irrespective of who owns us and/or whether their heart was in the right place.

Football is a different world to the time when we were last successful and we were last making people sit up and take notice. If any club anywhere in the country wants to compete it needs huge investment, it needs people in the right places, it's needs players, agents, owners to take a gamble on a club like us. So far it's working.

If we carry on like we have we will get promoted. If Cardiff carry on like they have they will join us.

Both clubs will make it using different methods. If you believe the media and other clubs fans one will make it through mega money influenced Iberian finesse/financial cheating and the other through guts,
    graft, playing fair off the pitch and not necessarily on it if Warnock had his way.

Let's not kid ourselves though, both will reap the financial benefits of the frankly ridiculous TV money and for a while we'll get to enjoy staying up late to watch the nano-second highlights on MOTD whilst being smirked at by Lineker, Shearer and Danny ****ing Murphy."

Re: Neutrals point of view of last nights game

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

"We're they're competition at the top aren't we? That'll be why they're concentrating on what we're doing and how we're doing it.

If the boot was on the other foot we'd be talking about them and trying to accuse them of all sorts whilst hoping the wheels fall off.

To be honest so far this season they deserve a lot more credit from the media than they're getting. The media and Channel 5 keeps going on about how good we are and the other teams that are hanging on to our shirt tails are barely getting a look in. Can you imagine how annoying it is for fans of the other clubs challenging at the top?

I can remember being in the Premier League and being one of the handful of clubs who were always shown last on Match Of The Day irrespective of whether we played well or the match itself was brilliant. We only ever were on earlier than that when we'd had a right tonking from one of the big boys. Nobody talked about us and it was frustrating.

It's almost as frustrating as this constant obsession with how much money we've spent when in reality other teams like Middlesbrough so far have spent more, albeit we spent over £15 million on one of the best young players in Europe and they spent the same on a striker from Nottingham Forest with a gammy leg. They also spent almost 10 million quid on a Scandinavian striker with a name that wouldn't be out of place on Coronation Street. Nearly 7 million on an ex Manchester United reserve striker who was crap at West Ham, 5 million on a goalkeeper who couldn't get a game at West Ham and 3 million on a bloke from Oxford United.

Yeah we're getting a helping hand from the worlds biggest football agent, at the moment he has a vested interest in us. He's giving some of his clients a stage to perform on rather than languishing in reserve or B teams for some of Europe's biggest. It's brilliant for us and hopefully it'll help us to push on to where Fosun want us to be. I also think in the long run it'll be brilliant for the Championship. I'm sure there'll be more young players willing to play at this level in the future to better themselves rather than their season peaking because they've made it onto the pre-season squad photo.

Are we losing/selling our soul to the devil to get there? From the outside looking in I'd imagine it looks very much like that. But for me this club has been a soulless husk long before the Chinese and Portuguese came marching into the Black Country. Tradition, history and fan base aside we've been also rans for decades irrespective of who owns us and/or whether their heart was in the right place.

Football is a different world to the time when we were last successful and we were last making people sit up and take notice. If any club anywhere in the country wants to compete it needs huge investment, it needs people in the right places, it's needs players, agents, owners to take a gamble on a club like us. So far it's working.

If we carry on like we have we will get promoted. If Cardiff carry on like they have they will join us.

Both clubs will make it using different methods. If you believe the media and other clubs fans one will make it through mega money influenced Iberian finesse/financial cheating and the other through guts,
    graft, playing fair off the pitch and not necessarily on it if Warnock had his way.

Let's not kid ourselves though, both will reap the financial benefits of the frankly ridiculous TV money and for a while we'll get to enjoy staying up late to watch the nano-second highlights on MOTD whilst being smirked at by Lineker, Shearer and Danny ****ing Murphy."
    I read that earlier and thought it was good too.
    To be fair there are some balanced contributions in that thread as it's gone on.

That's the one I responded to in the Molineux Mix thread. Nicely assembled post which echoes a lot of my views

What a brilliant post. That’s how it is and if we make it to the promised land that’s what awaits us.