+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gunnarson needing operation?

Gunnarson needing operation?

Not looking good Decision this week.

Re: Gunnarson needing operation?

A player out of contract in the summer and we’re gonna operate on him?

Being selfish we should get every last drop out of him over the busy Christmas period

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    A player out of contract in the summer and we’re gonna operate on him?

Being selfish we should get every last drop out of him over the busy Christmas period
    I agree why would we spend all the money to get him treated fit and ready for his new club

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I agree why would we spend all the money to get him treated fit and ready for his new club
    We need to do this because of what he's given us over the years in terms of effort, and because of the effect it'll have on the other players if you don't. I can't believe it's even up for discussion...

You have a duty of care to the player. If the medical opinion is that the player needs an operation otherwise a condition gets worse, then you sort the operation. If you risk a players career by playing him with an injury, the gamble then filters through to the other players into the group.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    You have a duty of care to the player. If the medical opinion is that the player needs an operation otherwise a condition gets worse, then you sort the operation. If you risk a players career by playing him with an injury, the gamble then filters through to the other players into the group.
    Perhaps Iceland should have thought of that when playing him whebn injured. Therefore perhaps Iceland should stump up for his operation if they want their captain fit and ready for the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    We need to do this because of what he's given us over the years in terms of effort, and because of the effect it'll have on the other players if you don't. I can't believe it's even up for discussion...
    Well he didn't seem that concerned when he played for Iceland

Because he's a human being and deserves to be treated as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Because he's a human being and deserves to be treated as such.
    Robbie Fowler is a human being but he's still a **** and ****ed us over

I did speculate on another thread whether we would see Gunnar again in a City shirt. Omens are not good.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Perhaps Iceland should have thought of that when playing him whebn injured. Therefore perhaps Iceland should stump up for his operation if they want their captain fit and ready for the World Cup.
    How long before teams like Real Madrid and Arsenal use that argument and seek to charge the (wages/transfer) cost to their clubs of playing star players in important international games when they are marginally fit?

These are comparable players and circumstances...

If your ex ****ed you over would you treat your new bird badly?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    How long before teams like Real Madrid and Arsenal use that argument and seek to charge the (wages/transfer) cost to their clubs of playing star players in important international games when they are marginally fit?
    Im surprised they havent already, especially with the ridiculous number of international games these days.

The financial burden and risk is all at the clubs expense.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    If your ex ****ed you over would you treat your new bird badly?
    No but hardly comparable. If he hadn't have gone and played for Iceland while injured bearing in mind he hadn't played for us because he was injured I would have different opinion

No but hardly comparable. If he hadn't have gone and played for Iceland while injured bearing in mind he hadn't played for us because he was injured I would have different opinion
    The injury he has now is unrelated to his previous injury.

Even if he has the operation, it will only keep him out for a month according to the article jon1959 posted in another thread, so it shouldn't mean the end of his City career.

Well I'm not going to use another football example am I, as to you they would all be the same

You know exactly what point I'm making, whether you see it as comparable or not 👍