+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roy Moore

Re: Roy Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Without the distraction of Moore, Trump will be in a stronger position going into the midterm elections next year. With such a slender majority the onus will now be on all of the republicans to fall into line. The voters are watching.

Anyway, that was yesterday's news. There are a few things going on in the DOJ regarding the Fusion GPS dossier. Interesting times ahead.
    It happened in the last couple of hours, hardly yesterday's news.

Interesting that you think this defeat makes trump stronger. Would love to see some workings that aren't utter bullshit.

Excellent news, he would be a liability for any party, especially now that the Democrats have weoponised accusations. It may backfire though, as there are 264 sealed abuse settlements sitting in congress waiting to be exposed.

It is also now clear that the public will not tolerate any mention of abuse towards children, which is a very good thing.

I hope the woman accusing Moore win their court case and he is help accountable for his crimes.
    ah.... the sound of someone toppling backwards off a fence!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It happened in the last couple of hours, hardly yesterday's news.

Interesting that you think this defeat makes trump stronger. Would love to see some workings that aren't utter bullshit.
    Of course he will be stronger now that the democrats have weoponised accusations. Everybody is guilty by accusation now, but it works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    ah.... the sound of someone toppling backwards off a fence!
    The people of Alabama have decided who they want and they are the ones who will have to live with their choice. Due process is now dead. It makes no difference to me, I just see it as an interesting development.

Of course he will be stronger now that the democrats have weoponised accusations. Everybody is guilty by accusation now, but it works both ways.
    What did you think pizzagate was?

What did you think pizzagate was?
    The lines have just been redrawn.

Excellent news, he would be a liability for any party, especially now that the Democrats have weoponised accusations. It may backfire though, as there are 264 sealed abuse settlements sitting in congress waiting to be exposed.

It is also now clear that the public will not tolerate any mention of abuse towards children, which is a very good thing.

I hope the woman accusing Moore win their court case and he is help accountable for his crimes.
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ah you never fail to make me laugh WB.

The lines have just been redrawn.
    I've said this before, no doubt I'll say it again, but I am amazed you're not getting paid for this.

I've said this before, no doubt I'll say it again, but I am amazed you're not getting paid for this.
    tbf he is taking it better than this Breitbart contributor!

This pacifism crap, oh the most ultra liberal just won Alabama no big deal is ridiculous. This is war people. Obama and Hillary funded by Soros are litterally taking over the Country. If it can happen to Alabama it will happen in every state way easier. The time to rise up and take to the streets is now! Time to shoot some liberals! Shoot Jones in the pgking face and start a new election! The time is now!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    tbf he is taking it better than this Breitbart contributor!

This pacifism crap, oh the most ultra liberal just won Alabama no big deal is ridiculous. This is war people. Obama and Hillary funded by Soros are litterally taking over the Country. If it can happen to Alabama it will happen in every state way easier. The time to rise up and take to the streets is now! Time to shoot some liberals! Shoot Jones in the pgking face and start a new election! The time is now!
    Jeez. Who do they bat for?

Remember Homer in the Flaming Mo episode?
    Replace 'Mo.. Mo.. Mo .. Mo.. Mo.. Mo.. Mo.. ' with .. ah whatever .

Now about those 264 "sealed abuse" settlements.

Well it would appear there are 264 financial settlements made out of the public purse attributed to settlements against politicians and employees. The list covers 13 different statutes such as the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act. A large portion of cases originate from employing offices in the legislative branch other than the House of Representatives or the Senate.

Indeed the Office of Compliance has confirmed that since 2013 only one settlement was made against a politician for sexual harassment, the Texas Republican Blake Farenthold where an aide was paid $84000. In another instance a $150k settlement was made to an investigator who refused to act on Republican senator Trey Gowdy's direction as Chair of the House Benghazi Committee to focus his work on Hilary Clinton.

It would appear that Conyers got round this by settling outside this process by using their own office budgets so as you say some other apples may fall from the tree which may justify your hyperbole and dramatic build up.

https://www.compliance.gov/sites/def...ropriation.pdf