+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The downside of City's pressing game......

Re: The downside of City's pressing game......

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    How come even Sky are pointing it out now?
    Sky pointed it out to show how meaningless those statistics are - and backed it up with commentary that explained the way Cardiff plays puts them at the bottom of some tables, but at the top of others.

You really are a total waste of oxygen aren't you!

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

“Pressing game”
    ����������

https://www.twitter.com/spudboy1983/...32847340154883
    1002w.jpg

obsess.jpg

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

How come even Sky are pointing it out now?
    Don't you have many friends?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Don't play that way every game do we?? Was surprised to see the amount of possession we had.
    Think the pressing was just for Reading as they pass from the back, also why we had 5 at the back.
    Spot on Warnock said before the game they are one of the best passing sides and to be fair we did force error. Trouble we lacked energy in the middle , we need another worker like Bryson on Gunnerson to support Ralls.

We did play some decent football in patches 2nd half but Reading had sat back, trying to protect a 2-0 lead and invited pressure on themselves.

Stam went in at half time and come back out as Russell Slade for the 2nd half.

With regards the press as Bellers pointed out half time you cant press with half a team. There was far too much space between our defence and midfield for the likes of Damour to be pressing them on the edge of their 18 yard box, whilst our defence was on the edge of ours. Once they beat the first press, which they did pretty well on times 1st half, and there was acres of spaces to run into.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Spot on Warnock said before the game they are one of the best passing sides and to be fair we did force error. Trouble we lacked energy in the middle , we need another worker like Bryson on Gunnerson to support Ralls.
    Maybe it was lack of energy in the middle, but I don't think Ralls and Damour lack energy? I personally think it was because we pressed high up and sat deep in defence. The whole team needed to move up together and back together for the press to work.
    Maybe Warnock asked them to and they never, after all they are used to sitting back as we are a counter attacking team.
    I think the formation just doesn't suit Cardiff.
    5 atb is great to defend, but I think it leaves us too open in the middle hence why maybe Damour didn't look as effective (he did get about but the gaps were obvious)
    I'd prefer 4 atb we have brilliant CB whatever 2 of the 3 start (Connolly is good at this level too)
    Bennet Bamba Manga Peltier atb on sat.
    We need 3 in the midfield it's when we look at our best.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    To play an effective pressing game the defence has to play a high line so that gap disappears.
    Then the goalkeeper has to be very quick off his line (sweeper keeper)
    There's more than one way to play a pressing game

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There's more than one way to play a pressing game
    Of course there is but my post was in the context of the post saying about Bamba and Morrison not being able to turn.