+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 20-30 more Assembly Members

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 20-30 more Assembly Members

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I can agree with you to a point i.e. that our elected representatives are relatively ineffectual. Not sure whether this is due to ineptitude, policies or lack of funds.

On the other hand I can't see how anyone can argue that we were well looked after by Westminster when we were ruled from there either.

On balance, I'd prefer us to have the ability to manage our affairs by people who have to live with the consequences of their decisions.
    What has improved in Wales since the inception of the Welsh Government? I’m struggling to come up with anything meaningful that has improve the lives of the Welsh population since the WG started.

Re: 20-30 more Assembly Members

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    What has improved in Wales since the inception of the Welsh Government? I’m struggling to come up with anything meaningful that has improve the lives of the Welsh population since the WG started.
    I think there are now a number of policies which are uniquely Welsh in their aims and objectives. The Future Generations of Wales Act is one example which I consider will have really positive impacts in time, along with care of the environment being embedded in the Constitution.

Whether we have the funds and ability to deliver these aims is uncertain but I do applaud their intent