+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Forde

Jonathan Forde

Under investigation by the FAW for his anti English comments in regards to next Wales manager no being English. No link sorry. It's on bbc sport.

Re: Jonathan Forde

Ta mate. Fuss over nothing I think just getting carried away in the press, but in today's world I reckon you could get sacked for that. Unlikely but possible.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Ta mate. Fuss over nothing I think just getting carried away in the press, but in today's world I reckon you could get sacked for that. Unlikely but possible.
    Its the case of saying something in private, but something you should not definitely say in front of the BBC cameras.

From what i have seen it was said at the BBC Wales Sports Personality of the year award, maybe tongues slipped a bit. Professionalism certainly went out the window.

A Standard statement of we are assessing all characters on their merits, and in the past we have favored Welsh candidates, due to their connections to players and fans.

He comes across as the consummate pro in all other ways so I bet he's kicking himself. I think he has done some good work.like you said just say the party line.

Under investigation by the FAW for his anti English comments in regards to next Wales manager no being English. No link sorry. It's on bbc sport.
    He's stupid for saying it in front of camera. If he was having a laugh, it wasn't the wisest of things to do. If he wasn't, it could be argued that he has demonstrated, in a way, some form of discrimination, which is more serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He's stupid for saying it in front of camera. If he was having a laugh, it wasn't the wisest of things to do. If he wasn't, it could be argued that he has demonstrated, in a way, some form of discrimination, which is more serious.
    The snowflake generation getting all perturbed again, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Who's that? His comments didn't bother me in the slightest, I was quite amused by it. However, I can see how they could cause problems.

Who's that? His comments didn't bother me in the slightest, I was quite amused by it. However, I can see how they could cause problems.
    The snow flakes, as I said.

The snow flakes, as I said.
    And to think you have been moaning recently about bickering on this board.....

And to think you have been moaning recently about bickering on this board.....
    Not bickering at all. Just saying that what Forde said is not really anything to get perturbed about.

Your quite correct but we "bred" the the frail, sensitive wee souls, didn't we?

He was talking to Rob Phillips I think. At the Wales sport personality awards as mentioned, maybe be over familiar. I doubt he would have said it to an English journalist but I also don't think he meant any offence. I hope it doesn't get any bigger because he has helped deliver some big games to Cardiff and seems the FAW is running well compared to the mess it used to be. Just shows about minding your p n q's whilst talking to the press.

Not bickering at all. Just saying that what Forde said is not really anything to get perturbed about.
    Substitute English for another nationality, etc. I can see exactly why he could get into hot water, albeit that I'm not perturbed either.

He was talking to Rob Phillips I think. At the Wales sport personality awards as mentioned, maybe be over familiar. I doubt he would have said it to an English journalist but I also don't think he meant any offence. I hope it doesn't get any bigger because he has helped deliver some big games to Cardiff and seems the FAW is running well compared to the mess it used to be. Just shows about minding your p n q's whilst talking to the press.
    This 100%.

This 100%.
    As I said, just the snowflakes getting perturbed because that’s what they do.

As I said, just the snowflakes getting perturbed because that’s what they do.
    If you're not trying to bicker, why are you trying to score points?

I’m not! I’m offering an opinion. Sorry if that offends.

I’m not! I’m offering an opinion. Sorry if that offends.
    Out of curiosity, what if Ford had said the new Welsh manager definitely won't be Asian, or African, or from wherever? Yes, I'm deliberately being obtuse, but it's the same principle. You appear to think the comment was fine and anyone who doesn't should man up, to the point of using a derogatory label, which I disagree with entirely.

Out of curiosity, what if Ford had said the new Welsh manager definitely won't be Asian, or African, or from wherever? Yes, I'm deliberately being obtuse, but it's the same principle. You appear to think the comment was fine and anyone who doesn't should man up, to the point of using a derogatory label, which I disagree with entirely.
    Why are you bickering now?

Why are you bickering now?
    Because I fundamentally disagree with your viewpoint of if you're offended by it, just man up. Neither of us are bothered by the comment, but I can see why it would cause offence, you can't.

We are an equal opportunities employer, half our squad in France were english.

Because I fundamentally disagree with your viewpoint of if you're offended by it, just man up. Neither of us are bothered by the comment, but I can see why it would cause offence, you can't.
    Carry on festering with your anger Eric, I’m cool with this matter.

Carry on festering with your anger Eric, I’m cool with this matter.
    You're cool with discrimination. Cool.

Reading the responses I have from the Football association of Wales and the South Wales Chief Constable, I wasn't the only one to be offended by his comments, it's seems that they had plenty of written complaints. Let's be 100% clear, if he had substituted the word English for Pakistani, Indian etc. etc. there would have been uproar on here and in the national press, joking or not, he would have lost his job. FACTAMUNDO.