+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jacks on the road to a thumping tonight

Re: Jacks on the road to a thumping tonight

This years Sunderland. NQAT.

Apparently Liam Gallagher had fun mocking Swansea with Cardiff fans at his gig last night.
    Good work fella.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    In August 2011 we played our first game in the Premier League - Manchester City 4 Swansea City 0. We're still here 7 years later. What have you lot been doing in that time? only Premier League club.
    You're a League 1 club whose team happen to be in the premiership. For now.

Here in Ireland, huge numbers know and have been to Cardiff. A capital city that is considered a great city. Swansea Town is considered to be a shithole that you had to get through a.s.a.p. after arriving from a ferry

Games like last night's are never going to decide the jacks' fate - they won the game they had to on Saturday. I thought they were going down last season and was proved wrong, but they had a couple of matchwinners in their side then and I don't see one in their current squad.

Aside from jerkrabid , hardly ever see any Jack posters on here any more, not even the generally welcomed ones like WayneKerr and Maxim.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Games like last night's are never going to decide the jacks' fate - they won the game they had to on Saturday. I thought they were going down last season and was proved wrong, but they had a couple of matchwinners in their side then and I don't see one in their current squad.
    They may have won last Saturday but they have already played many of the lesser teams in the division at home, the games where they would be targeting the majority of their points, and they still have the worst home record in the league.

They have 10 home games left, 4 of which are against Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and the other 6 against Everton, Southampton, West Ham, Palace, Burnley and Stoke and none of them you could confidently expect a home win.

Unless they start picking up wins on the road they are f*cked and with 1 win in their first 9 away games, it doesnt bode well for the rest of the season.

They will be lucky to get to 30 points IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not really. Only the ridiculously optimistic wouldn't have predicted a runaway Man City win. Even at 4-0 it won't affect confidence as it was to be expected.
    Won't affect confidence? Why?

Even at amateur league level losing week in week out has an effect on team morale. Why wouldn't it matter in the PL?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They may have won last Saturday but they have already played many of the lesser teams in the division at home, the games where they would be targeting the majority of their points, and they still have the worst home record in the league.

They have 10 home games left, 4 of which are against Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and the other 6 against Everton, Southampton, West Ham, Palace, Burnley and Stoke and none of them you could confidently expect a home win.

Unless they start picking up wins on the road they are f*cked and with 1 win in their first 9 away games, it doesnt bode well for the rest of the season.

If Clement is still there by the end of January they're truly ****ed this year even monk was doing a better job when he got the chop. I think it's starting to get worse being relegated from the prem now not just because of the money but the championship is now becoming full of teams that have had decent stints in the big league and looking at it 3 more next year

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    You're a League 1 club whose team happen to be in the premiership. For now.

Here in Ireland, huge numbers know and have been to Cardiff. A capital city that is considered a great city. Swansea Town is considered to be a shithole that you had to get through a.s.a.p. after arriving from a ferry
    Let's not be like 6 year olds.

Swansea is decent, just look down the marina. Hardly pound shops and low end chippies.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Seen there upcoming fixtures? Palace at home and Newcastle away are the only ones I can see them picking up anything up until end of Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Seen there upcoming fixtures? Palace at home and Newcastle away are the only ones I can see them picking up anything up until end of Feb.
    I know. After they play Palace they have pretty much played all their relegation rivals at home already. They're ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Swansea is decent, just look down the marina. Hardly pound shops and low end chippies.
    Great, a marina, anything else? I'm giving an opinion and what I've been told by many. I'm not being petty, as an outsider, its my view of the town. A bit like Limerick.

Won't affect confidence? Why?

Even at amateur league level losing week in week out has an effect on team morale. Why wouldn't it matter in the PL?
    Yes, regularly losing affects morale, but last night will just be chalked off as an expected defeat to an unplayable team at the moment. It won't be as morale sapping as the last gasp defeats at home to Newcastle or Watford, that's for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Great, a marina, anything else? I'm giving an opinion and what I've been told by many. I'm not being petty, as an outsider, its my view of the town. A bit like Limerick.
    I was told Cardiff got streets paved with gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post

No but loads of dog shit

In all fairness he's being a bit silly, even more so as he's never been there.

Taken my missus there a few times in hotels always had a good stay, nice places to eat etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    No but loads of dog shit
    I like your honesty Jeeps

In all fairness he's being a bit silly, even more so as he's never been there.

Taken my missus there a few times in hotels always had a good stay, nice places to eat etc.

I like your honesty Jeeps
    Only in West, North and South Cardiff.
    Streets ARE paved in gold in the East

Man City have stuffed everyone.
    It's not these games that matter. There's 8-9 teams who could all go down and Swansea have as good a chance as any simply because they are still fairly strong a team the back and only have to win 6-7 games to stay up. 1-0s, 2-0s and 2-1s will do it.

It's far from over

West Brom are similar, possibly worse.

Huddersfield, Newcastle and Brighton are all slipping after a decent start.

Stoke, Bournemouth and Southampton are all struggling. Will all 3 be able to kick on ?

Palace have improved, but are still pretty shit

Only one in the bottom 10 I think will pull away is West Ham.

Wouldn't be surprised if there are still 6-7 who could still go down in the last 2 games of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Only in West, North and South Cardiff.
    Streets ARE paved in gold in the East
    Tremorfa is like dog shit heaven,go out come home two inches taller if you don't look where you are treading.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Tremorfa is like dog shit heaven,go out come home two inches taller if you don't look where you are treading.
    That description made me laugh

Feedback

The marina, as small as it Is, is ok. When You cross oystermouth road you may as well be in a Delorean.

The marina has had its day.

Still enjoy a trip to the Mumbles, or a few days down the Gower.