+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atrocities in Congo

Re: Atrocities in Congo

The Congo has been a mess since about 1960 when Belgium pulled out from running it as a colony.

The ending of empires was done well by some European Nations and worse by others. 60 years down the line
    Britain did better than most in my view but was by no means perfect.

The problem is imposing nation state boundaries on top of tribal boundaries which always re - emerge to
    cause bloodshed.

The Balkans which caused World War One was still a problem 90 years later.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    The Congo has been a mess since about 1960 when Belgium pulled out from running it as a colony.

The ending of empires was done well by some European Nations and worse by others. 60 years down the line
    Britain did better than most in my view but was by no means perfect.

The problem is imposing nation state boundaries on top of tribal boundaries which always re - emerge to
    cause bloodshed.

The Balkans which caused World War One was still a problem 90 years later.
    Not to mention the Middle-east

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    talking of Atrocities

This morning i was speaking to a guy who is a tropical fish supplier ( dont ask ) and he has just returned from Burma / Myanmar ( he also travelled to Laos to another Fish supplier ) where he buys from a massive fish Breeder, He said its horrendous, the whole place is falling apart, worse place he has ever been in his life
    I was in both places a couple of months ago No change from the last time I was there in summer 2016

Both remain a shambles but so are many other places. Depends on what you’re looking for I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Educated and civilised?.

What planet are you from?

Rule Britannia and all that shite. What's the difference between the Brits and Germans?
    The Brits think they're the master race. The Germans know they're the master race!

Brits my ass, you have an inferiority complex to call yourself Welsh. You haven't a chip on your shoulder, its a bag of potatoes.

:)
    And yet this post sounds like the biggest chip on a shoulder rant in the whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    And yet this post sounds like the biggest chip on a shoulder rant in the whole thread.
    That was nothing. You should've seen him cry after some people said some vaguely less-than favourable things about the Irish team after they scraped that pathetic win against us.