+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 3RD ASHES TEST MATCH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 3RD ASHES TEST MATCH

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    At least the English bowlers had a good session in the night portion of that test, got the ball swinging. That's probably what he was referring to.

Anderson can't keep on forever, Broad seems to have now lost it bowling wise when his batting went years ago, Woakes is a T20 / on day bowler, Overton is at best a 4th seamer, all lacking real killer pace needed on Aussie pitches. Don't give me Stokes, he's a basket case. He'd improve the batting, sure. Nobody really fears Ali as a spinner.

It's probably easier to list the areas that aren't flawed in the current England side. Bairstow's a decent batsman / wk. Root can stick around but needs to convert more 50s to 100s. The rest is just shite.
    I also had to laugh at the way the coach tried to defend his team, well I suppose he has to outwardly be positive. Perhaps he's also seen the weather forecast and knows it'll end in a draw.

Australia have England where they want them in this series even if the weather may save England in this test.
    The differences in the two sides are there for all to see, having been remarked upon that these are two poor sides.
    England are massively flawed in attitude (and skill as it turns out) with the bat for test cricket and not much better with the ball having a now average attack.

Two poor sides maybe but Australia have applied themselves much better.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I also had to laugh at the way the coach tried to defend his team, well I suppose he has to outwardly be positive. Perhaps he's also seen the weather forecast and knows it'll end in a draw.

Australia have England where they want them in this series even if the weather may save England in this test.
    The differences in the two sides are there for all to see, having been remarked upon that these are two poor sides.
    England are massively flawed in attitude (and skill as it turns out) with the bat for test cricket and not much better with the ball having a now average attack.

Two poor sides maybe but Australia have applied themselves much better.
    Dare I say it but a majority of people anticipated a bit of a beating but possibly not by this margin. Weather will be the only reason England will escape a clean sweep based on these first 3 tests.
    The problem is that the next generation seem to be obsessed with T20 or more to the point the financial rewards in excelling in it.
    Outside of England & Australia for the Ashes test cricket is slowly but surely becoming a sparsely attended event and unless a dramatic change comes about it may not be with us much longer.
    Not to worry though as I see there is even a T 10 event for those whose attention span is not quite long enough for the 20 over format.
    And yes, before anyone accuses me of being a miserable old traditionalist, that's exactly what I am .

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Dare I say it but a majority of people anticipated a bit of a beating but possibly not by this margin. Weather will be the only reason England will escape a clean sweep based on these first 3 tests.
    The problem is that the next generation seem to be obsessed with T20 or more to the point the financial rewards in excelling in it.
    Outside of England & Australia for the Ashes test cricket is slowly but surely becoming a sparsely attended event and unless a dramatic change comes about it may not be with us much longer.
    Not to worry though as I see there is even a T 10 event for those whose attention span is not quite long enough for the 20 over format.
    And yes, before anyone accuses me of being a miserable old traditionalist, that's exactly what I am .
    Bowling as an artform is being destroyed by the ADHD generation wanting batting to become bish bash bosh hoiks into cow corner.

Drama of McGrath battering Atherton in Australia? Nah, sod that. We'd rather see Stoke woeful bowling get clouted for sixes to lose the WC final.