+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Today’s Daily Mail

Today’s Daily Mail

Trending on twitter. They’re having another of their meltdowns in regards to last night Brexit’a vote.

Utter shit bag of a rag fair play. Basically democracy is only good when it suits them.

Re: Today’s Daily Mail

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Irish - I dont read the Daily Mail / Express as I know what's usually in it. Same as I dont read the Guardian as it's the other end of the same stick.

I havent looked recently but I think newspaper sales are very low compared to what they were, most people get their news from the bbc. The influence of traditional newspapers is probably weaker now than it's ever been. I dont read the Daily Star and Sunday Sport either by the way - just in case you wondered.
    Yes I get that people look and read what they belive is likely to be their viewpoint.

The independent and the Times seen papers I like reading when I’ve got time. Did like The Telegraph till it went foaming at the mouth Brexit irrationality.

I wouldtnt dream of suggesting a man like yourself Ninian Clark would read the Star 😉👍

The irony is that a large part of Brexit is to do with " restoring the sovereignty of Parliament to control our own affairs ".

However when Parliament does something like this ( rather than toe the ministerial line ) the Tory press squeal like pigs
    having their throats cut.

Hilarious if it wasn't happening in our country.

Blue - from what I can tell - it was more to do with the type of vote t the end when the 'deal' and whatever it contains is passed or not passed by Parliament.

If the EU know the deal has to get past Parliament (mainly all remainers) then it wont be inclined to offer anything other than a bad deal.
    Also at the same time the Brexiteers want to ensure that the Govt doesnt give away too much or go for something that means we still sign up to the ECJ, customs union etc.

It will all get fixed in the report stages anyway - so it was claimed earlier today.

Parliament is sovereign - yep, the issue being Parliament is allegedly not honouring the will of the majority in our democracy and instead watering it down - to be something meaningless.

Just a pity we could not keep a hold on free movement of people and trade. If Cameron had offered that he would have had a chance of winning, and dare I say it - if it was Ed or Dave Milliaband looking after Labour - they would have tried harder - water under the bridge now though
    What was the majority view of the type of Brexit we'd have? Any idea? Of course not, because it wasn't asked.

The question was Do you want to get out or not? Parliament is not stopping that happening.

What is actually happening, according to an interesting clipping I saw from Private Eye, is that for the next four years the UK will pay more per week in the divorce settlement than it currently is as a member. I cannot believe that if the country knew this was going to happen then a majority would still want to be out.

The Daily Hate is read mostly by elderly people and it feeds on their existing prejudices. In time it will die out as newspaper circulation continues to decline. It will not be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The Daily Hate is read mostly by elderly people and it feeds on their existing prejudices. In time it will die out as newspaper circulation continues to decline. It will not be missed.
    It's very rare that you will find people who aren't indoctrinated one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's very rare that you will find people who aren't indoctrinated one way or another.
    Indeed.

I'm totally balanced.

I've got a chip on both shoulders.

Think the most valid point in this thread is

""""""If the EU know the deal has to get past Parliament (mainly all remainers) then it wont be inclined to offer anything other than a bad deal. ""

We are so keen to kick a Tory we are missing the bloody obvious .

And the oppostion voting in a vain attempt to pretend this is about democracy is laughable , the gave no real solution , and continue to clock and halt the negoattion in a vain attempt to limp to the next election and attempt to use the subject for political gain bugger the folk who have already exercised its democrat vote to leave . God people are nieave or probaly politically blinkered .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Think the most valid point in this thread is

""""""If the EU know the deal has to get past Parliament (mainly all remainers) then it wont be inclined to offer anything other than a bad deal. ""

We are so keen to kick a Tory we are missing the bloody obvious .

And the oppostion voting in a vain attempt to pretend this is about democracy is laughable , the gave no real solution , and continue to clock and halt the negoattion in a vain attempt to limp to the next election and attempt to use the subject for political gain bugger the folk who have already exercised its democrat vote to leave . God people are nieave or probaly politically blinkered .
    I agree about the last line. People were definitely naive to belive that bollocks on the side of an red bus about giving 350 million to the NHS.

People are also blinkered when it comes to which political party says what, the hatred of some parties is so one eyed , it would destroy an indivudual to even give praise to a party they disliked since birth, because there forefathers told them they were evil .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    People are also blinkered when it comes to which political party says what, the hatred of some parties is so one eyed , it would destroy an indivudual to even give praise to a party they disliked since birth, because there forefathers told them they were evil .
    In hindsight the Conservatives under john Major were a far far far better bunch then this lot.
    This grubby little internal feud and power struggle in their ranks has caused all this Brexit bollocks so they’ll get no praise from me thank you very much.

Oh get you....
    Ha ha I’m feeling a bit prissy this morning 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    In hindsight the Conservatives under john Major were a far far far better bunch then this lot.
    This grubby little internal feud and power struggle in their ranks has caused all this Brexit bollocks so they’ll get no praise from me thank you very much.
    This bunch of ***** are worse than Thatcher , far more right wing

People don't seem to be seeing what is happening , they are screwing people to the floor and it won't be long till we have a privatised NHS

Shameless bunch of *****

I agree about the last line. People were definitely naive to belive that bollocks on the side of an red bus about giving 350 million to the NHS.
    Indeed , fecking idiots voted for bullshit and that's what they are going to get from the Tories , by the bucket load

Agreed - and they were also naive if they if they thought there was going to an emergency budget and the whole world would come crashing down etc. BS from both sides.

I dont think people voted for the side of a bus slogan - they voted to control immigration, to be 'independent from EU rule and they voted for no EU not more EU - and all the new proposals which Juncker / Guy Vershopften are bringing in.
    I agree with the immigration bit but disagree with what you say about the bus.

The leave campaigner spokesperson
    Dominic Cummings spoke about keeping it simple to immigration and the NHS receiving more money .

Two of the more emotive issues for people. It clearly worked sadly looking at the result.

I thought one of the best governments of modern times was the coalition one