+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars / No Spoiler

Star Wars / No Spoiler

Enjoyed it very much

Re: Star Wars / No Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Enjoyed it very much
    Comparing it to the others what’s it up there with?

It's almost 40 years since I last saw a Star Wars film. Have I missed much?

went to the midnight showing... was awsome, mind blown a bit

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Comparing it to the others what’s it up there with?
    You know what you're going to get with a star wars film, and i'm a big fan of the films so it was lightly i would enjoy it, you get the usual stuff that would be expected but I just felt they put more into the story with this one, if you put the original three to one side I would put it ahead of the previous four films, at 2.5 hours long, for me it didn't drag and was dissapointed when it ended, you could never get enough of Daisy Ridley , it was a decent story (for the type of film it is), plenty of action, no soppy scenes, will have to see it a few more time to digest the various twists.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It's almost 40 years since I last saw a Star Wars film. Have I missed much?
    I’ve never seen a Starwars film

I was disappointed with it, not worth only 3 hrs kip this morning before work. I think Disney are dumbing it down, I thought I was watching Mary Poppins at one point. There were parts that were not needed ( can't say which or I'll spoil it for others) and as for the stupid jokes

I think I saw the first three, but none since then - as a big Dr Who and Star Trek fan, I've always thought I should really be into Star Wars, but it just doesn't do it for me and I've never understood what all of the fuss was about.

You know what you're going to get with a star wars film, and i'm a big fan of the films so it was lightly i would enjoy it, you get the usual stuff that would be expected but I just felt they put more into the story with this one, if you put the original three to one side I would put it ahead of the previous four films, at 2.5 hours long, for me it didn't drag and was dissapointed when it ended, you could never get enough of Daisy Ridley , it was a decent story (for the type of film it is), plenty of action, no soppy scenes, will have to see it a few more time to digest the various twists.
    👍👍👍

you dont need to see anyhting after the 1st 3 lol...

i agree with some of the comments, disney are doing a very good merchandising thing with it... but we have all waited a life time for some more star wars and now we got it by the bucket load...

and disney have just bought fox who still own the rights to the original trilogy... so alot more star wars spin offs on the way and multiple boxsets

It would be a good franchise if they stopped introducing cute little animal characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    It would be a good franchise if they stopped introducing cute little animal characters.
    New Cuddly toy in time for Xmas, I wonder if Disney have had time to get them to market yet

New Cuddly toy in time for Xmas, I wonder if Disney have had time to get them to market yet
    You would hope they would have learnt from " Frozen " where the Plush's were selling out as soon as they arrived, even in WDW they had sold out, we were in a store when some arrived on a cart, people were grabbing 4 of them, as disney had a limit on 4 per customer
    crazy scenes

Quote Originally Posted by Penybont Blue View Post
    I was disappointed with it, not worth only 3 hrs kip this morning before work. I think Disney are dumbing it down, I thought I was watching Mary Poppins at one point. There were parts that were not needed ( can't say which or I'll spoil it for others) and as for the stupid jokes
    Just sat through it and was underwhelmed. Some guy came in and asked is it as good as The Empire. Couldn't lie to him - in 30 odd years would this still stand up a classic? Nope. It lacks a ruthless 'baddy' like Vader and is full of a load of child-friendly crap that is not necessary.

https://www.toysrus.com/product?prod...SABEgJ7QvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think I saw the first three, but none since then - as a big Dr Who and Star Trek fan, I've always thought I should really be into Star Wars, but it just doesn't do it for me and I've never understood what all of the fuss was about.
    Only saw the first one. I thought it was like swashbuckling in space. Not for me.

As a massive Star Wars nerd, I was so disappointed, someone used the word "Underwhelmed" that's how I felt. It leaves you with more questions than answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    As a massive Star Wars nerd, I was so disappointed, someone used the word "Underwhelmed" that's how I felt. It leaves you with more questions than answers.
    the more questions than answers is what they want, this franchise will run and run, with side stories ( we have had them with rouge one and soon solo )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    the more questions than answers is what they want, this franchise will run and run, with side stories ( we have had them with rouge one and soon solo )
    The rouge one? You can't make-up this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A simple spelling mistake

Star wars Rogue one

Feedback

how big a fan?

there have been 5 previous films, if you include Rogue One

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    how big a fan?

there have been 5 previous films, if you include Rogue One
    Always one to bite, just seeing who has their finger on the pulse, obviously not me , apologies for the mistake.

I saw it last night and I can't believe they've given that clown Johnson three further attempts to ruin the franchise. It makes the Phantom Menace Oscar worthy. Mark Hamill's acting was a rare highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Left red faced?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Left red faced?
    I just turned the other cheek, its ok