+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: PDC World Darts Championship 2018

Re: PDC World Darts Championship 2018

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yes, can’t believe Whitlock is back in ffs.

Not sure what Price has done to deserve a PL place either. Rather see Jamie Lewis in there, and Dmitri.
    How do they decide who plays Premier League? I thought it went on rankings. I'm surprised at some of the players chosen including Price.

Yes, can’t believe Whitlock is back in ffs.

Not sure what Price has done to deserve a PL place either. Rather see Jamie Lewis in there, and Dmitri.
    To be fair, my mate thought the same about Whitlock. I think he deserves it this season. The one I didn't predict was Michael Smith.

No chance would Jamie Lewis get a place over Price. Dimitri wasn't far off, but I think Price's "image" and ranking was the major factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    How do they decide who plays Premier League? I thought it went on rankings. I'm surprised at some of the players chosen including Price.
    The last time I checked, Gerwyn Price was provisionally 11th in the world.

To be honest, I'm glad they've got rid of Wade, Lewis, Chizzy etc.

I thought it was the top ranked players and 2 wild cards

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Top four in the PDC order of merit.

There's also four wildcards chosen by the PDC.

Then two wildcards chosen by SKY.

Anyone else think Rob Cross was robbed of his glory tonight by the media?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I thought Chisnall was safely in the top 10?

Barneveld is a spent force and looks as he's just going through the motions. Whitlock is about as dynamic and exciting as a wet fart.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Yes. SSN were running a long feature on Taylor within minutes of him losing

Spotlight was always going to be on the sex offender. What's more embarrassing for darts is nobody has ever called him out over his behaviour when he was winning.

In fairness, I did think Taylor was as magnanimous in defeat and Rob Cross acted very generously in regards to the trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by length View Post
    To be fair, my mate thought the same about Whitlock. I think he deserves it this season. The one I didn't predict was Michael Smith.

No chance would Jamie Lewis get a place over Price. Dimitri wasn't far off, but I think Price's "image" and ranking was the major factor.
    Agree with all that. Smith is good. Throws fast, big scorer. Could easily have knocked Cross out.

Whitlock has been climbing the rankings alongside Price.

Barney can still do it, especially in Premier League format.

Cross handed his glory to Taylor in the immediate aftermath. Still think Sky's last image should have been Cross, not a sexual preditor.

Spotlight was always going to be on the sex offender. What's more embarrassing for darts is nobody has ever called him out over his behaviour when he was winning.

In fairness, I did think Taylor was as magnanimous in defeat and Rob Cross acted very generously in regards to the trophy.
    He did for once, although he acted a bit of a twat when the game was going on.

I doubt he would have hung around the stage as long as he did had MVG walloped him the way Cross did.

I thought Chisnall was safely in the top 10?

Barneveld is a spent force and looks as he's just going through the motions. Whitlock is about as dynamic and exciting as a wet fart.
    Barneveld is vital to the European darts audience.

That Coldplay question made me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by length View Post
    That Coldplay question made me cringe.
    Yes. Embarrassing. Rod Studd likes players sucking his cock, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Barneveld is vital to the European darts audience.
    I've guessed that was the case when I listened to Barry Hearn waxing lyrically about crowd attendances in Berlin and Amsterdam. I'm not surprised they shielded Taylor when he was probably they biggest attraction.

Put it this way, if you turned SSN on at 22.30, you’d never have thought it was Rob Cross who had just won the PDC in amazing circumstances. It was all about Phil “the kent” Taylor. Unbelievable.
    Hope Rob Cross goes further now and goes toe to toe with Van Gerwyn now as well as Lewis, let’s forget about the pervert who participated tonight.

Put it this way, if you turned SSN on at 22.30, you’d never have thought it was Rob Cross who had just won the PDC in amazing circumstances. It was all about Phil “the kent” Taylor. Unbelievable.
    Hope Rob Cross goes further now and goes toe to toe with Van Gerwyn now as well as Lewis, let’s forget about the pervert who participated tonight.
    All being a bit harsh on the man who has elevated Darts into the massive occasion every New Year.

A very dubious conviction against two ladies in their mid twenties seems to make him a cross between Jimmy Saville and Fred West. Taylor is not everyone's cup of tea but at least Sky and Rob Cross made sure he bowed out in style.

Here is to a new era . Thanks Phil , have a great retirement.

Yup but as we all know, it's all about Sky and the money.
    The dirty trickster knew it was going to be all about him too, playing the fool during the match in the hope of disrupting Cross and writing silly messages on tissue paper after it.

The qualifying premiership contestants is a farce too with Sky picking their favourites.
    I doubt very much we have seen the last of Taylor on our telly, he loves himself too much and it would not surprise me at all to see him reappear as a Sky pick after a year off.

Next game of darts I watch will more than likely be next years world PDC.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yup but as we all know, it's all about Sky and the money.
    The dirty trickster knew it was going to be all about him too, playing the fool during the match in the hope of disrupting Cross and writing silly messages on tissue paper after it.

The qualifying premiership contestants is a farce too with Sky picking their favourites.
    I doubt very much we have seen the last of Taylor on our telly, he loves himself too much and it would not surprise me at all to see him reappear as a Sky pick after a year off.

Next game of darts I watch will more than likely be next years world PDC.
    I agree with most of that but I'm not sure how the Premier League picks are a farce. Ten of the top twelve in the rankings (with Wade and Chisnall out of form they can hardly complain), I'm not sure who else they could choose.

Here are the rankings. Jamie Lewis just sneaks into the top 32, van den Bergh still outside it.

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdc-tours/world-series/

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I agree with most of that but I'm not sure how the Premier League picks are a farce. Ten of the top twelve in the rankings (with Wade and Chisnall out of form they can hardly complain), I'm not sure who else they could choose.

Here are the rankings. Jamie Lewis just sneaks into the top 32, van den Bergh still outside it.

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdc-tours/world-series/
    Shouldn't they have just chosen the Top 10 minus Taylor which would then be Barneveld?

They must see something in Price everyone else has failed to see?

Shouldn't they have just chosen the Top 10 minus Taylor which would then be Barneveld?

They must see something in Price everyone else has failed to see?
    I take your point but with the rankings being done over a two year period they don't necessarily reflect the top ten at the present time. Price is lucky to be chosen ahead of Chisnall but he ticks a couple of boxes for Sky I guess. He gives a Welsh presence and is also a bit of a loose cannon, no Adrian Lewis or Cadby to row with but I'm sure he'll get involved in something along the way.

The attraction with Price is the over the top celebrations, plus him getting involved in a few spats won’t have done him any harm.