+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PDC World Darts Championship 2018

Re: PDC World Darts Championship 2018

I haven't watched TV darts since it became a circus with audiences who behave like immature cretins. But earlier in the week I was in a boozer where it was on all four screens. I took a dislike to one player before he threw a dart; just his swagger was enough. He was a squat short arse who really fancied himself. His every mannerism screamed horrible prick. So I was disappointed to see his name and national flag appear on screen: Gerwyn Price, Wales.

He won but'll be hammered when he meets someone half decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I haven't watched TV darts since it became a circus with audiences who behave like immature cretins. But earlier in the week I was in a boozer where it was on all four screens. I took a dislike to one player before he threw a dart; just his swagger was enough. He was a squat short arse who really fancied himself. His every mannerism screamed horrible prick. So I was disappointed to see his name and national flag appear on screen: Gerwyn Price, Wales.

He won but'll be hammered when he meets someone half decent.
    You're one boring bastard is there actually anything you like

So Pipe decides to taunt the crowd.

Bit lacking in brain cells, that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    You're one boring bastard is there actually anything you like
    I used to enjoy watching darts for many years as an idle amusement. I'm assuming you're quite young and don't recall the days before players' intro music, dolly birds and headers in the crowd acting like apes when the camera is turned on them.

PS Taylor's strolling past Pipe.

I used to enjoy watching darts for many years as an idle amusement. I'm assuming you're quite young and don't recall the days before players' intro music, dolly birds and headers in the crowd acting like apes when the camera is turned on them.

People just enjoying themselves it's a great atmosphere at the darts now

For someone who says he hasn’t watched darts for years because you hate what it has become you have now watched it twice on a matter of days?

Done both PDC (Circus Tavern and Ally Pally) and BDO.

Only did Ally Pally once, but did the Lakeside 7 years on the trot

Haven’t been back to either since 2011. There in my opinion is no comparison - The whole Lakeside experience was just fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    For someone who says he hasn’t watched darts for years because you hate what it has become you have now watched it twice on a matter of days?
    Didn't watch last night's game, saw the live text at Sky's site. I see Price's next opponent is the tournament fave who's best-priced at 25-1 on to win. Had a look into Price's background to discover my initial impressions of him were spot on. Had to chuckle at the news report linked below. He played the hardcase bully and suffered a one-punch KO for his troubles.

Rugby player hospitalised after brawl outside Bargoed pub: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/lo...-brawl-1886421

Price is alright. It's nice to see him doing well.

I think he'll be up to 11th in the world when the rankings are updated.

He won't beat MvG though.

I'll stick with my assertion that he's anything but alright. Here's him being the aggressive bully again and again.

Cracking match that was! I was so glad when our Gezzy put Cadby in his place.

Welsh lad, Jamie Lewis v Peter Wright on the mo.
    Lewis 2-1 up. Great match.

Welsh man Jamie Lewis 2-1 up in sets v Snakebite

Averaged 120 in sets 2 and 3.

3-1

What a set of darts!!!!

Jamie Lewis knocks out Peter Wright 4-1

Unbelievable darts

Decent path to the semis if he can replicate that form

Great win for him and fair play to wright at the end of the game

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Great win for him and fair play to wright at the end of the game
    Yeah, good sportsman Wright. Never complains or makes excuses.

107 average.

Gezzy Price v MVG about to start

I predict Price will take 3 legs

Another great game. Price threw it away when he could he gone 3-2 up. Think the momentum would have been with him in the last set.

The Welsh guy got close.

Gezzy Price v MVG about to start

I predict Price will take 3 legs
    I thought about the same. Got that spectacularly wrong. If he'd have hit tops he'd have beaten him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I thought about the same. Got that spectacularly wrong. If he'd have hit tops he'd have beaten him.
    I think he might have pumped himself up too much!! He was celebrating 96 score at one stage 😂

Sadly for the rest i think that was MVGs poor performance (by his standards) out of the way

I think he might have pumped himself up too much!! He was celebrating 96 score at one stage ��

Sadly for the rest i think that was MVGs poor performance (by his standards) out of the way
    Probably, though I think if someone can get under his skin they have a chance. The only player left who might be able to do that is Taylor, but Anderson will dump him out in the quarters.

Price's arse went at the critical moment with three goes at a double to go 3-2 up in sets. It was great seeing the disappointment on his mug.