+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PDC World Darts Championship 2018

Re: PDC World Darts Championship 2018

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Vincent on fire 3-0
    Smashed him.

Chizzy and Wade out. Always a few big name casualties before Xmas.

I f you dont know Taylor personally, then you are basing your opinions of him mainly as a result of media coverage, most of which is probably made up. What he is like away from the board is not important anyway - he should be judged as a darts player first and foremost. Also how he behaves during play is irrelevant - MVG and Peter Wright both behave just as badly. How many footballers behave like idiots on and off the pitch but end up as heros to the fans (e.g Robin Friday). The one thing you cant argue about is that Taylor has won 16 world titles and was a brilliant darts player. Doubt if anyone will ever beat his record of titles and until they do they cant ge compared to him.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I f you dont know Taylor personally, then you are basing your opinions of him mainly as a result of media coverage, most of which is probably made up. What he is like away from the board is not important anyway - he should be judged as a darts player first and foremost. Also how he behaves during play is irrelevant - MVG and Peter Wright both behave just as badly. How many footballers behave like idiots on and off the pitch but end up as heros to the fans (e.g Robin Friday). The one thing you cant argue about is that Taylor has won 16 world titles and was a brilliant darts player. Doubt if anyone will ever beat his record of titles and until they do they cant ge compared to him.
    I can base my opinion whichever way I want, and I certainly don’t need your seal of approval Kermit.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I can base my opinion whichever way I want, and I certainly don’t need your seal of approval Kermit.
    How about sticking to the topic for a change and cutting out the abuse when people dont agree with you. You are also extremely vain if you think my post was directed at you. There are at least 10 other posters on this thread. I dont particularly like Taylor as a person but I enjoy watching him play and to rubbish his ability and record just because you dont like him is ridiculous.

How about sticking to the topic for a change and cutting out the abuse when people dont agree with you. You are also extremely vain if you think my post was directed at you. There are at least 10 other posters on this thread. I dont particularly like Taylor as a person but I enjoy watching him play and to rubbish his ability and record just because you dont like him is ridiculous.
    It’s my topic and reply how I see fit.

Seeing as I started the topic, and am one of 5 people who has mentioned Phil Taylor on this thread, I will reply to some know it all telling people that their opinion of the man is based on made up stories in the media. It isn’t.

No one has rubbished his ability, you just made that up.

And to top it all off, you don’t particularly like the man himself. What is that based on? Made up stories in the media?!?!?

It’s my topic and reply how I see fit.

Seeing as I started the topic, and am one of 5 people who has mentioned Phil Taylor on this thread, I will reply to some know it all telling people that their opinion of the man is based on made up stories in the media. It isn’t.

No one has rubbished his ability, you just made that up.

And to top it all off, you don’t particularly like the man himself. What is that based on? Made up stories in the media?!?!?
    Do you suffer from Schizophrenia ?. Either that or there are two of you - one trying to be friendly and understanding and the other being an utter twat. Could you do me a favour - next time you post anything, could you let us all know which one of you is commenting first, so that appropriate allowance can be made for your behaviour. Calling people Kermit and assuming all posts are about you is not normal behaviour. Neither is thinking that other people are 'know it alls' and you aren't- all available evidence contradicts this opinion.

'Taylor has said himself that he's been unfairly critical of other players

http://www.skysports.com/share/11172602

Taylor's a **** that shit he pulled with Barney a couple of years ago Barney should've smashed his face in

Mark Webster up last tonight against Paul Lim.

Paul Lim played well in the World Cup - it wouldn't surprise me if he wins tonight.

Gotta love Mark for doing the Ayatollah after winning the BDO World Championship.

How did Suljovic get off against Kev Painter?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    'Taylor has said himself that he's been unfairly critical of other players

http://www.skysports.com/share/11172602
    The media just make things up about him mun. Allegedly.

Do you suffer from Schizophrenia ?. Either that or there are two of you - one trying to be friendly and understanding and the other being an utter twat. Could you do me a favour - next time you post anything, could you let us all know which one of you is commenting first, so that appropriate allowance can be made for your behaviour. Calling people Kermit and assuming all posts are about you is not normal behaviour. Neither is thinking that other people are 'know it alls' and you aren't- all available evidence contradicts this opinion.
    Stick to making things up just so you can go against the grain.

Please show me where I have rubbished his record and ability? Still waiting.

How did Suljovic get off against Kev Painter?
    Won 3-0. I only know the score - couldn't tell you how he played.

Got Gurney v Ronny Huybrechts on now, alongside the Jacks.

Quote Originally Posted by length View Post
    Won 3-0. I only know the score - couldn't tell you how he played.

Got Gurney v Ronny Huybrechts on now, alongside the Jacks.

Tonight's darts is all on Sky Sports Mix.

Paul Lim averaged 86 in his preliminary match earlier. Will have to do better to beat Webster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Tonight's darts is all on Sky Sports Mix.

Paul Lim averaged 86 in his preliminary match earlier. Will have to do better to beat Webster.
    He must be a fair old age Paul Lim

Just had a quick look. He's 63. He looks tidy.

I reckon he will give our Mark a game. I always end up frustrated after watching Webster.

Think they said he was 62. He looks about 40. Played in his first world championship in about 1983

Was he the bloke that John Lowe hit his 9 darter against?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Was he the bloke that John Lowe hit his 9 darter against?
    John Lowe did it against Deller in 1984. That was the first televised 9 darter.

Lim did a 9 darter in the BDO World Championships in 1990.

190! From ms Abbott.

I knew he had some connection to a nine darter

They keep banging on about Lim never playing this good. Maybe not average wise, but he always plays well.

I'm sure they only watch the top players.

Did they watch the World Cup of Darts?

I base my opinion of Taylor on how he acts as a person in darts not for what he has achieved. He's recently admitted he's been a knob, confirming my opinion.

Stick to making things up just so you can go against the grain.

Please show me where I have rubbished his record and ability? Still waiting.
    Please tell me which one of you I am talking to first - sounds like you could still have twats head on.