Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
This is not the same as paying more for a better service. The existing big companies can use this to kill competition while it's young - all the innovations that have made the internet what it is, such as Netflix, will have no chance. And you and me will paying more for the pleasure.

So what?
from a personal point of view in this discussion, the existing big companies just buy the smaller competition who have thought of something innovative, the net will be made up of a few big companies who will control everything ( inc TV ) , we are heading towards it anyway, look at Facebook, they buy anything and everything, though that is not new either, AOL used to do it when i was on Dial up modem, they would see something that was " taking of " and buy it to either add it to what they have or to kill it, of course they had the money, and many of the young start-ups were happy to take the money and drive around in 911's, they were a massive ISP and had idea's of controlling the web back in the early 00's, i remember being sent a link to a PSX cheat cart in HK , it did not exist in the world of AOL , error 404, the page did exist on other ISP's, net censorship in its infancy

I have seen people on the net argue ( and from the link above ) that it will cost us more, we will have to pay for fast connections for facetime etc etc

maybe it will benefit some as they will price it in chunks

look at that link

Here’s what some people believe internet packages in the US could look like in the future, if net neutrality is ended.

Portuguese telecoms provider MEO has split its mobile plans in such a manner that customers need to pay for up to five addons, in order to be able to use a selection of popular apps that many people rely on every day without incurring heavy penalty fees.

5 for Messaging
5 for Social media
5 for Music
5 for Video streams
5 for Browsing

So for a family who use it all, they pay, for the old couple who only use it to e.mail the family, they pay 5 euro's, the elderly couple next door to them pay a extra 5 to facetime the son in Australia