+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christmas time and selfish ****S on trains

Re: Christmas time and selfish ****S on trains

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    An old one closing is as good as a new one opening
    Wife wanted to know what i was laughing about. Didnt tell her!

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Children singing Christian rhyme

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    My Lord. How I've kept my calm today
    Same here, the train was so busy on the way back from Cardiff earlier that we had to get off and back on again at each stop just so people could get off, very irritating.

They wouldn't let you on for half?

They wouldn't let you off.. So your still going around.. No signal.

Do you remember the guards carriage on a train.. You could take your bike in there. You could take oversized luggage in there or just drink cans in there. They should still have this now cause you could just stand in there instead of the aisle. Plus he never made you buy a ticket usually cause he couldn't be fekd to argue with you.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    An old one closing is as good as a new one opening

thank your lucky stars you have a train service . us poor lot in east cardiff got sod all and we're next to the main railway line to newport !

maybe in the year 2072 ! he's hopeing !!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Do you remember the guards carriage on a train.. You could take your bike in there. You could take oversized luggage in there or just drink cans in there. They should still have this now cause you could just stand in there instead of the aisle. Plus he never made you buy a ticket usually cause he couldn't be fekd to argue with you.
    Now they kick people out of their seats and lift the seat up to make room for the bike, happened last time I went to Cardiff, the people took up more room in the isle than the bike would have though, was quite bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Any examples or are you just going to leave us dangling?
    Was intending on but got busy.

Bloke brings a bike on a busy train forcing people to stand so he can fit his bike in..ride it ya lazy t×at
    Numerous people with bags in seats on packed out trains with bags on seats, conveniently with earphones in so nobody approaches them.
    People pushing past a pregnant woman to get on the train before her to get a seat.
    This was on a return journey yesterday over 4 trains.

2 weeks ago there was a woman with a pram on queen street station. People deliberately got in front of her and pushed on to the train leaving her and her baby no room to get on the train. Many of these waxkers got off in cathays landaff and Radyr so could easily have let her on and got another. Aberdare, treherbert and Merthyr all pass through those stops.

Sorry to keep you waiting, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I reckon someone didn't give their seat up, but is dembethewarrior unhappy because

A) dembethewarriors age
    B) dembethewarriors a woman
    C) dembethewarriors pregnant
    D) dembethewarrior smells
    E) all of the above

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    thank your lucky stars you have a train service . us poor lot in east cardiff got sod all and we're next to the main railway line to newport !

Them smaller 142/3 And 150 trains would only get in the way of the big fast mainline trains wouldn't they.

People seem to become more self-centred and selfish with every passing generation.
    Perhaps it is unfair to generalise, but it is obvious that people are less caring.

A lot of popular culture over the last couple of decades has promoted a 'me first / me only / f*** you' mentality.

World wars have tended to reset things in the past, but heaven forbid. That is a little drastic eh.

Maybe thoughtfulness will become the done thing again, who knows.

I try to do the right thing by others when I am out and about, and I try not to let people acting selfishly bother me too much.
    But it is hard sometimes.. On the few occasions where I've felt that there really was a need to step in and say/do something/point something out, I've been met with slack-jawed incredulity at best, and on a couple of occasions, aggressive responses.
    It wont stop me if I feel the need again, though I think it is a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    People seem to become more self-centred and selfish with every passing generation.
    Perhaps it is unfair to generalise, but it is obvious that people are less caring.

A lot of popular culture over the last couple of decades has promoted a 'me first / me only / f*** you' mentality.

World wars have tended to reset things in the past, but heaven forbid. That is a little drastic eh.

Maybe thoughtfulness will become the done thing again, who knows.

I try to do the right thing by others when I am out and about, and I try not to let people acting selfishly bother me too much.
    But it is hard sometimes.. On the few occasions where I've felt that there really was a need to step in and say/do something/point something out, I've been met with slack-jawed incredulity at best, and on a couple of occasions, aggressive responses.
    It wont stop me if I feel the need again, though I think it is a lost cause.
    A girl looked me straight in the eye as I was stood in the aisle looking for a seat, there weren't any as people like her had bags on them. Granted hers was a case. It could have been put up top...she blasted her shit music and put her head down. When she got off the stop I was getting off I helped her get her case off and into a waiting taxi. There a enough selfishness out there..

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

Kin'ell!!!!, they will only run services on lines where they have a remote chance of customers paying the fares and not looking to kick feck out of the conductor when they say, "can i see your ticket" behave yourself, train services are not for the chavs of east Kairdiff.

Valley lines train into central today was an eye opener. One group had a bin bag full of empties. And despite train being crammed they tried to keep taking it in turns to squeeze to the toilet.

Central itself was overloaded with people. There must have been 100 queuing to pay for their tickets to get out. And then line to exit was bad enough.

Most of these people were either too warmly dressed with daft Xmas sweaters or looked like they’d catch a cold while wearing nothing much more than a small scarf to cover rather a lot of flesh.

Oh and glitter spray seems to be popular. Girls spraying it on their faces like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Valley lines train into central today was an eye opener. One group had a bin bag full of empties. And despite train being crammed they tried to keep taking it in turns to squeeze to the toilet.

Central itself was overloaded with people. There must have been 100 queuing to pay for their tickets to get out. And then line to exit was bad enough.

Most of these people were either too warmly dressed with daft Xmas sweaters or looked like they’d catch a cold while wearing nothing much more than a small scarf to cover rather a lot of flesh.

Oh and glitter spray seems to be popular. Girls spraying it on their faces like crazy.
    Trains are full not really surprised, busier than I expected on the train I got earlier into Cardiff and the amount of idiots who get to the barriers with no ticket and have to go back to get one is unreal.

Waiting for a train back to central now to go to the valleys. Ebbw vale line so not expecting a seat.

The battle to get on a valley train will be fun though I'm the next half hour.

Currently at pye corner. Nwver seen so many people on this station.. nwver noticed anyone get on or off here if I'm honest..

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Clinton Baptiste View Post