+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: Wednesday 0 - 1 Wolveselona

Re: Wednesday v Wolveselona tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    According to the stats wolves commited 12 fouls had 3 players booked and had one shot on target. Some mistake surely?
    That flattered them.

Re: FT: Wednesday 0 - 1 Wolveselona

Good result for them up there and that's all that matters in the end. I wouldn't mind wolves running away with the league as long as they're beating the teams around us and not us that is

11 points clear from 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Good result for them up there and that's all that matters in the end. I wouldn't mind wolves running away with the league as long as they're beating the teams around us and not us that is
    Wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    You don't get 51 points before half the season is over without having something special about you. I still haven't seen them play so won't pass judgement until I see them at our place. If we can stay anywhere close to them by the end of this season I'll be delighted...

Fouls, time wasting, passes back to the goalie from half way line, hoofs upfield. Seems like Wolvesalona are not quite as sophisticated as they make out and some people believe. They were outplayed but unfortunately still won which is a good sign for them but there are a number of teams easily capable of beating them in this division (Derby, Villa, Boro, Wurzels, Fulham,us) so its not a forgone conclusion. We just need someone to give them a good beating, sooner rather than later, and their confidence could be hit badly.

Shall we all accept that they have bought the title and move on ,
    if we go up we claim we won it on merit not as a commercial entity .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Have they spent the most this season?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Best of luck with your chase for the Merit title. Didn't realise that was a trophy up for grabs but suppose it gives the small time clubs something to chase for.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    You don't get 51 points before half the season is over without having something special about you. I still haven't seen them play so won't pass judgement until I see them at our place. If we can stay anywhere close to them by the end of this season I'll be delighted...
    They are a very good side.

However some of their fans are total hypocrites. Everything they accused us of doing at their place I've seen them do plenty of in their televised games. Cynical fouls to stop the opposition on the break ( most of which they've got away with), bullying of soft opponents (Rhodes), long pints, kicking the ball away at free kicks, time wasting.

They should go up now, but they aren't as silky as they say they are and are also beatable on their day if one of the other better Championship sides click .

Quote Originally Posted by wolfinsheepsclothing View Post
    Best of luck with your chase for the Merit title. Didn't realise that was a trophy up for grabs but suppose it gives the small time clubs something to chase for.
    There you lot go again, calling other clubs “small time” you really are up your own backsides

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    There you lot go again, calling other clubs “small time” you really are up your own backsides
    The arrogance just makes the fall harder when the inevitable happens.
    Classless deluded fans

Quote Originally Posted by wolfinsheepsclothing View Post
    The 3 points away helps. Thanks.

I'd be well happy if we get 3pts at Sheffield and I wouldn't give a toss whether we looked good or not.Posters queuing up on here to say how poor Wolves were when we all know a similar result obtained in a similar manner would have most of us doing cartwheels if it was us.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I'd be well happy if we get 3pts at Sheffield and I wouldn't give a toss whether we looked good or not.Posters queuing up on here to say how poor Wolves were when we all know a similar result obtained in a similar manner would have most of us doing cartwheels if it was us.
    Someone's woken up with a hangover

You do realise people can be happy about a result but not the performance, right?

Wolves and their fans have bigged themselves up massively. They were outplayed last night, one quality moment won it for them. People are pointing out the double standards in their claims to be a great footballing side when they were the ones fouling like crazy last night - Bennett kneed Rhodes off the ball, a straight red. He then hacked him down for a yellow and finally fouled him on a header - all in the space of 3-4 minutes.

Anyone watching the full 90 minutes would have grasped Wolves were very, very lucky to have won last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    You do realise people can be happy about a result but not the performance, right?

Wolves and their fans have bigged themselves up massively. They were outplayed last night, one quality moment won it for them. People are pointing out the double standards in their claims to be a great footballing side when they were the ones fouling like crazy last night - Bennett kneed Rhodes off the ball, a straight red. He then hacked him down for a yellow and finally fouled him on a header - all in the space of 3-4 minutes.

Anyone watching the full 90 minutes would have grasped Wolves were very, very lucky to have won last night.
    Whilst I accept your points I stand by what I say.What they did last night was something I thought they were lacking in,i.e. winning ugly.Indeed,most posts I've read about them by opposing fans up to now has been along the lines"wait unti they have to go away and play on a cold British winters night"Getting a result when you've been outplayed is promotion form and this is something we witnessed many times under Malky. Apart from one or two glaring chances I thought Wednesday were generally toothless and their final balls were often poor,lets hope their like that when we have to go there.

Whilst I accept your points I stand by what I say.What they did last night was something I thought they were lacking in,i.e. winning ugly.Indeed,most posts I've read about them by opposing fans up to now has been along the lines"wait unti they have to go away and play on a cold British winters night"Getting a result when you've been outplayed is promotion form and this is something we witnessed many times under Malky. Apart from one or two glaring chances I thought Wednesday were generally toothless and their final balls were often poor,lets hope their like that when we have to go there.
    Well, for me Wednesday bossed the game until the final third; Wolves only really looked threatening after the sending off - and Wolvesalona should have been down to ten men anyway.

A better side than Wednesday ie a side with a striker would have won that game.

A couple of 1-0 unspectacular away wins either side of a 0-0 draw at home puts me in mind of the side that won the Championship in 12/13. I've never gone along with those City fans who devalue our title winners and call them boring, we were the best team in the league that year and we achieved that by playing pragmatic and effective football.
    The difference between us five years and Wolves now is that the latter are perceived as an exceptional Championship side - they are great entertainers playing champagne football with their quick passing game. It's not just their fans that keep on telling us that, Sky Sports seem to be in awe of them every time they are on.
    I've seen about a quarter of Wolves' matches so far - I thought they looked a good side against Villa, but, apart from that, I've seen little to justify all of the hype when it comes to the sort of football they play. It looks increasingly like they'll be going up automatically, probably as Champions, but, from what I have seen, they will do so playing pragmatic and effective football - not the grandiose stuff we're told they are always producing.
    Who are the last team to win this league by playing vibrant and expansive attacking football? It's too much of a slog to produce the sort of stuff that those delusional Wolves fans rabbit on about week in and week out.

Call me crazy but I sense Wolves won't repeat their start throughout the season.

They should go up certainly, but get the feeling they are definitely beatable.

Ah I see this thread is about what a handful of fans think on another forum,soz my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Fouls, time wasting, passes back to the goalie from half way line, hoofs upfield. Seems like Wolvesalona are not quite as sophisticated as they make out and some people believe.
    Yeh but they've now decided it's actually a good thing when they do it because it shows they've adapted to Championship level football.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Yeh but they've now decided it's actually a good thing when they do it because it shows they've adapted to Championship level football.
    Judging by the dreadful football they’ve been playing for a number of years they’ve been well accustomed to it for ages.

Although I agree that they will probably go up as champions they didn"t look all that special when we comfortably beat them at their place.
    Their performance last night smacked of all of the things their fans have accused us for supposedly doing.
    They should have been down to 10 men after their "rough house" tactics on Rhodes & if Wednesday had had more about them in the final third then "wolvesalona" would have lost.
    Maybe they have realised that the "Warnock way" is the right way after all