+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City 5 Hull City 1 Oct 1970

Cardiff City 5 Hull City 1 Oct 1970

My second ever City game and the second and last time I saw my hero Tosh play for the bluebirds. 47 years ago. How did that happen.

https://youtu.be/YSIWTDTGqus

Re: Cardiff City 5 Hull City 1 Oct 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    My second ever City game and the second and last time I saw my hero Tosh play for the bluebirds. 47 years ago. How did that happen.

Thanks for posting that - it's that run and cross by Don Murray that always stands out for me when I see that video.

I was there

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post

Remember it well.

StT.
    <><

I seem to remember us beating them 6-0 around about that time, fairly certain Brian Clark played and scored, maybe Toshack too. I was there.

I picked up Toshack's tie ups on the pitch after the game. They were just thin bits of bandage

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I picked up Toshack's tie ups on the pitch after the game. They were just thin bits of bandage
    Did you burn them when he left for Liverpool?

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    I seem to remember us beating them 6-0 around about that time, fairly certain Brian Clark played and scored, maybe Toshack too. I was there.
    1/11/69 Cardiff 6 Hull 0 - Peter King opened the scoring with a penalty, there were two each for Toshack and Clark and a rare goal by Mel Sutton.

Thanks for providing that link, this was the season my dd introduced me to the world of Cardiff City. Cracking third by Tosh, but nothing compared to Peter King's volley in the game that followed in the link against Boro. Not seen this game previously but that goal has to be one of the best ever scored at Ninian Park. Appears we had the knack of conceding big leads even in those days! Parson's had a bizarre game to say the least! Saves a penalty (from possibly the longest run up i've ever seen!) and then proceeds to let in two absolute shockers!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    1/11/69 Cardiff 6 Hull 0 - Peter King opened the scoring with a penalty, there were two each for Toshack and Clark and a rare goal by Mel Sutton.
    Must have been one of my first games, I'd have been ten years old. My first game was v Leicester, and Shilton was in goal for them, 1-1.

I had a junior season ticket in the Canton stand back then, and used to enjoy seeing Clark and Toshack bang in the goals. Of course a few months later Clarkie scored THAT goal v Real Madrid.

Spider Sutton's shots nearly always ended up hitting the corner flag Bob!

I was there for both of those Hull games and Middlesborough too.

Thanks for the link. Feeling old though.

I thought i hadn't gone daft. Tha score i remembered. Was an earlier game than the one the op referred to. I remember Terry Neil the Hull capt laughing as our 6th goal went in.