+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welsh players want Carl Robinson for Wales manager...

Re: Welsh players want Carl Robinson for Wales manager...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Not really, with silly "won't be English" comments.

You can't have players dictating who should or shouldn't be manager. Never. What's their motivation - do they rate him as a manager ( how can they when they've never played under him ), do they think he's a mate, do they think they'll always have a guaranteed place in the side under him...
    I should imagine as professionals, they've seen something they like. I would hope so anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I should imagine as professionals, they've seen something they like. I would hope so anyway.
    Don't get me wrong, I hope if he gets the job he does a good job. I just fear the "former Welsh international gets manager role" tactic isn't a long term success plan.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Giovinco is a decent player. Not a great player.

You can't turn round and say the stats aren't interesting. Again, Bradley Wright-Phillips became a goal machine upon joining MLS. There's plenty of defensive naivety in that league. There are also a lot of athletes playing football there rather than being true footballers, if that makes sense?

MLS has improved, I'll grant you that. It's still got a long way to go to get close to Championship level.
    Are you reading what you want to read. If I’d written that Giovinco was great and that the stats weren’t interesting, then fair enough, but I didn’t. I just suggested people take a look at video footage because I think he’s pretty good I think

Same thing with your point on MLS being a long way from Championship. It may be, but my assertion was that Toronto would be a top half Championship team - that doesn’t mean they’d all be competitive