+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Welsh players want Carl Robinson for Wales manager...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Welsh players want Carl Robinson for Wales manager...

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think his record with Vancouver is irrelevant. And who knows enough about Vancouver to judge him? Maybe they're punching above their weight.

He's going to have to manage the Welsh squad and get the best out of them. If Bale and Ramsey think he's the man for the job, I'm inclined to defer to them.
    If he'd lost every game would it have been irrelevant? I'll not claim to be the greatest expert on MLS, watch games when they are on Sky though. Plenty of their fans want him out and have questioned tactical inflexibility.

So, if Wales under Robinson have a disastrous Euro qualifying, should he not be fired because the players want him kept on? No team or nation can have the tail wagging the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    If he'd lost every game would it have been irrelevant? I'll not claim to be the greatest expert on MLS, watch games when they are on Sky though. Plenty of their fans want him out and have questioned tactical inflexibility.

So, if Wales under Robinson have a disastrous Euro qualifying, should he not be fired because the players want him kept on? No team or nation can have the tail wagging the dog.
    So you place your trust in the FAW?

So you place your trust in the FAW?
    Not really, with silly "won't be English" comments.

You can't have players dictating who should or shouldn't be manager. Never. What's their motivation - do they rate him as a manager ( how can they when they've never played under him ), do they think he's a mate, do they think they'll always have a guaranteed place in the side under him...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Not really, with silly "won't be English" comments.

You can't have players dictating who should or shouldn't be manager. Never. What's their motivation - do they rate him as a manager ( how can they when they've never played under him ), do they think he's a mate, do they think they'll always have a guaranteed place in the side under him...
    I should imagine as professionals, they've seen something they like. I would hope so anyway.

I should imagine as professionals, they've seen something they like. I would hope so anyway.
    Don't get me wrong, I hope if he gets the job he does a good job. I just fear the "former Welsh international gets manager role" tactic isn't a long term success plan.