+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin - an impact player

Tomlin - an impact player

Showed tonight he is a decent player and when needs must he has 75-80 minutes in him. But he really is only an impact player at the moment and he showed that tonight, despite what several supporters have to say about him starting.

Keep watching what he eats Neil.

Better kept for the last 25-30 minutes, nowhere near a regular starter yet despite his obvious talents.

Re: Tomlin - an impact player

Think he should start v Bolton. Will get better the more matches he plays and the less burgers he eats.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Think he should start v Bolton. Will get better the more matches he plays and the less burgers he eats.
    As I said! If needs must he can play around 70 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Showed tonight he is a decent player and when needs must he has 75-80 minutes in him. But he really is only an impact player at the moment and he showed that tonight, despite what several supporters have to say about him starting.

Keep watching what he eats Neil.

Better kept for the last 25-30 minutes, nowhere near a regular starter yet despite his obvious talents.
    Well, he was at the heart of the best two moves tonight, one of them the goal, an absolute wand of a cross, and that move in the first half which involved some intricate football around the box, which should've ended in a goal, and a shot on target that looked like it was going in, but was blocked. His fitness levels are awful and he does over do it at times, he needs to improve his stamina levels, although he will never be super fit. A player like Tomlin needs to be happy, a lot like Koumas was, then we'll see the best of him. The fat, out of shape impact player made the difference tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Don't think it's the burgers he eats , it's the lack of time he's got to burn them off cos he's out doing his community service.

He'll only get Match fit by playing not just training, must play against Bolton. Pilk's also did well tonight as again he's not Match fit?

Coughing his guts up at times.
    Saying that, he’s an asset and the best footballer we got.

The guy has been superb all season, lost count of the amount of times he has been involved in game changing incidents.
    I thought he was fantastic tonight , absolute class.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    The guy has been superb all season, lost count of the amount of times he has been involved in game changing incidents.
    I thought he was fantastic tonight , absolute class.
    Talented no doubt, but a long way off being a regular starter. Looks like he will continue to be good off the bench for 25-30 minutes.

Until he gets fit.

Talented no doubt, but a long way off being a regular starter. Looks like he will continue to be good off the bench for 25-30 minutes.

Until he gets fit.
    A player like Tomlin needs to play, he probably isn't the best trainer, comes last in everything, but that's fine, some players are like that, just not natural athletes, his stamina needs to improve, but that will come with games, his weight isn't a problem, he probably struggles with it and always will, it's how he performs, and the more he plays, the better he will perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    A player like Tomlin needs to play, he probably isn't the best trainer, comes last in everything, but that's fine, some players are like that, just not natural athletes, his stamina needs to improve, but that will come with games, his weight isn't a problem, he probably struggles with it and always will, it's how he performs, and the more he plays, the better he will perform.
    If the injuries continue he may well continue to get the game time you say he requires. His Weight isn’t the problem, his fitness is.

If the injuries continue he may well continue to get the game time you say he requires. His Weight isn’t the problem, his fitness is.
    Completely agree.

Spoke to someone in the club last night and you are spot on with this one.
    I still say he is so special I would play him the whole game and the fitness will follow
    Looked like he wanted to come off when he was finally subbed.

He has always struggled with his fitness, i guess that is why he isnt with a prem team

in todays day and age of sports science i really do not see how he struggles, any fitness coach could give him a 3 month program to get him to last 90 mins on the pitch, though i wonder if its just the desire to do it

All the quality moments he’s involved in. He must start. Every game. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool. Let the likes of Ralls and Damour do the water carrying. Tomlin is the difference. He’s been the difference in getting us 4 points instead of 1 this week.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    All the quality moments he’s involved in. He must start. Every game. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool. Let the likes of Ralls and Damour do the water carrying. Tomlin is the difference. He’s been the difference in getting us 4 points instead of 1 this week.
    Agreed, he is a cut above

I thought he was a bit careless with the ball in the first-half, perhaps due to just being a bit ring-rusty. Kept on popping-up in great positions though as he did against Reading. Looks like he would benefit from a run of games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Don't think it's the burgers he eats , it's the lack of time he's got to burn them off cos he's out doing his community service.
    True, after all eveyrone knows it's impossible to do any cardio work on your own outside training sessions and community service. Can't walk, can't jog, can't use treadmill, can't use exercise bike...

Bollocks.

He ran about and put a lot of effort in.

Will only get march fit if he gets game time.
    Hardly a surprise he lasted 80 minutes is it...he hasn't played enough minutes.

I don't think we win that game without him yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Bollocks.

We should send him to army boot camp if we need him to be march fit

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    No. We should play him more.

He showed his value yesterday.

He's the most creative player we have and that's invaluable against teams that sit in.

No. We should play him more.

He showed his value yesterday.
    Whoosh...

Sorry, not a very clever one

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Tut tut

He needs to play more than the 10 mins he was getting now and again to get anywhere near match fit, we just need to keep playing him in that no 10 position and let him roam free without needing to track back

Bollocks.

He should be fit by march