+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mehmet has confirmed funds are available for January

Re: Mehmet has confirmed funds are available for January

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Sounds like a school report ;)
    Could do better

Its funny how opinions are so divided on Bruno. I've been a big fan of his in the past but he is prone to the odd, let's say, strange decision.
    The one where Hull hit the post 1st half from the tight angle, instrad of gettimg goal side, he seemed to let the striker have a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    I agree with him, Manga is nowhere near as solid as Morrison. Would get torn a new one in the Prem
    With the pace of the premiership I think Morrison would get torn a new one

An experienced striker on loan maybe, the Glenn Murray type.....

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I think Etheridge has been very good. Ok he’s had a very good defence in front of him which will obviously make life easier for him but when he’s been called on he’s made some terrific saves. That dodgy first half at Reading aside he also commands the area well, comes out for crosses and his kicking is good too.
    He's had a few unsure moments on crosses etc. But I think he's better at that than Marshall was.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Best replacement for Gunner would be Ledley, Derby haven't lost when he is in team! Has he signed a new contract otherwise I think he would choose home over Derby? I'm not convinced with our keeper, Hull's reserve on loan anyone?
    Signed a new 18th month contract with Derby a few weeks back.

International

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Signed a new 18th month contract with Derby a few weeks back.
    That wouldn't stop anything if the money was there. But do we want him? Will he fit in with the team togetherness we have now?
    I think that's a big quedstion to be asked about any new signing

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Best replacement for Gunner would be Ledley, Derby haven't lost when he is in team! Has he signed a new contract otherwise I think he would choose home over Derby? I'm not convinced with our keeper, Hull's reserve on loan anyone?
    Ledkey initially signed a 6 month deal with derby. Which was very strange. However he recently extended it by 2 and half years I think. No chance of getting him.

Get rid of Gunnar and bring in a midfielder. Issac Hayden from Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Manga? He's been very good this term
    I suspect someone is having a little bit of fun knowing the reactions he would get.

Manga was brilliant yesterday...even pushing up to collect loose balls in midfield and doesn't mind helping in attack.

I'd love to see us get a defensive minded midfielder and maybe a loan for a striker.

Though Pilkington put himself about well yesterday, but by all accounts he's off..so someone to replace him be nice.

Proper cover at left back and defensive midfield. A prolific goalscorer would also be nice, we haven't had one for years.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    A prolific goalscorer would also be nice, we haven't had one for years.
    Indeed

a 20 goal a season goalscorer

If Pilks, Feeney, John and Gunnarsson are off then I'd like to see a top quality DM, winger and striker if possible. I think the first two are possible to do - not sure about the third one.

Whatever happens we need to reinforce midfield with at least one more first team player and preferably two. With the players we have coming back I think we have enough on the wings if we needed to prioritise spending.

I also think we have just about enough at the back to cover most injuries, so the final position we need to strengthen is striker.

A player to replace gunnarson of automatic first team quality.

International

Both Gunnarson and the club have clearly stated he isn't going anywhere until the end of the season so why is everyone assuming he is off in January?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Both Gunnarson and the club have clearly stated he isn't going anywhere until the end of the season so why is everyone assuming he is off in January?
    I meant off at the end of the season. I'd like someone in to start to take over from him before next season regardless of where we end up. He is potentially also out of action for the foreseeable future.

another doctor and nurses

I assumed Halford would have been civet for Gunnarsson but Warnock seems very reluctant to play him.

Manga has shown over the time he has been with us, that he has a bad game or costly moment every now and again. I've always thought that this was down to him finding the Championship quite an easy league to play in and so his concentration is prone to wander now and again. If he were playing in the Premier League, then he couldn't afford this to happen and so we may eee a better player than we do now - the problem with this theory is that lots of clubs of a higher standing than us could have got him without having to pay a transfer fee last summer and it seems that none were prepared to do so.

If we could get all of our players fit, I wouldn't be too bothered if we signed anyone next month - to be honest, I'm more concerned that clubs will be free to talk to Hoilett about a move in the summer in January. However, if we were going to bring anyone in, I'd be looking for a central midfield player and a striker.

Good point there. Everyone is talking about who to bring in, but who to keep hold of is equally as important and Hoillett is key to how we set up and play.

Would be great to see him, NML and Big Ken back on the same pitch.

Should we be advertising the fact that "OUR NEIL" has wonga to spend. ?

A good investment would be to introduce some promotions that see the stadium full to capacity from now until the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Funds available it says.

Not millions for players.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A good investment would be to introduce some promotions that see the stadium full to capacity from now until the end of the season
    Aren't we only allowed a certain number of deals through the season? Sure I read something similar on here.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Funds available it says.

Not millions for players.
    brown-hare-7.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    A player to replace gunnarson of automatic first team quality.
    This is crucial. I don't necessarily mean the replacement of Gunnar, but whoever we bring in should not be another squad player.
    NW should use the loan system to bring in someone from the Premiership for the remainder of the season.
    Improve quality, not quantity.
    Would be happy with a single addition if he was "top drawer"