+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bristol City v Wolvesalona later this month.

Re: Bristol City v Wolvesalona later this month.

Would rather wolves win and give us a little breathing room although the Wurzels have a nice month ahead, derby are the ones that concern me

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Would rather wolves win and give us a little breathing room although the Wurzels have a nice month ahead, derby are the ones that concern me
    Rowett is starting to do the business there. Good result for them yesterday.

If we are going to get pipped I’d rather it be Derby than Wurzels, Villa or Weeds.

Sheffield United are done I think.

Wolves to win and I hope that Flint is the inevitable sending off of a Wolves opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    As I understand it they have bought one or two players for decent sums, but the rest are on loans - for which I guess they are picking up their wages. This will still amount to a fair investment I'd think, but I don't see it as being much different to Uncle Vincent getting Zohore for us via Kortrijk or wherever he came from.

The game has changed into a rich mans plaything unfortunately, and as fans we can only hope our teams have an owner who will at least give as a hope of being competitive in games. For us, while I'm delighted that we have a team which is composed of hard working players with a bit of skill and seems an 'honest' team in many respects, I'm not blind to the fact that we have paid a lot of money for some of these players in the past.

It'll be interesting to see how the authorities react to this means of getting around FFP, though to be honest if Man City and others have managed to get where they are through their owners investment then there have to be loopholes that are being exploited. I don't begrudge Wolves this moment - I just hope it works properly for their longer term supporters.

I'm not bothered about the over-excitable ones who are giving it large on their boards at the moment - their support will probably evaporate as quickly as our glory-hunters did when times got a little bit rough

Didnt Watford try something similar with players from Italy ( the owners pozzo ? ?? owned a Italian club ? ? ? ) I seem to remember it was going well till after christmas and it all fell apart that season and the next

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Didnt Watford try something similar with players from Italy ( the owners pozzo ? ?? owned a Italian club ? ? ? ) I seem to remember it was going well till after christmas and it all fell apart that season and the next
    Sounds about right, but the difference is that, like us, their owner owned a number of clubs between which he'd exchange players. In Wolves case their main man is an agent who can bring players from wherever he has a client player.

When you have access to a number of quality players, as Mendez seems to do, then this increases the potential pool a manager can 'choose' from without incurring the wrath of FFP too quickly. From Mendez point of view it's a really good business deal too, as he can persuade more players that they'll have a better chance of a good career with him.

So basically Uncle Vincent needs to find a really good agent to pair with to go with the Clubs he owns. The game has changed again it seems...