+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bristol City v Wolvesalona later this month.

Bristol City v Wolvesalona later this month.

What result would you like and why?

Re: Bristol City v Wolvesalona later this month.

El Deludio.

Can't say I'm that bothered. Just hope the City keep going.

Id think I'd prefer wolves won. They've spent enough money to be better than everyone in this league and keeping everyone below us further away would be better.

Second would be a huge surprise for us and there no deal difference between 1st and 2nd in this league.

It'll depend on where the two teams are at the time of the games but generally I'd prefer a draw in these situations so they both drop 2 points. If we can win at the same time then we've gained 2 points on both teams.

had to think what i post but i hope wolveselona beat the wurzels 6 nil because

1 . work with loads of wolves fans and the banter is great at the minute
    2 . brizzle city the only team i don't like
    3 . think it would suit us the way the league is panning out

Wolves - let them run away with it, beat the teams around us

First Team

i was going to go into a proper football debate on this .
    However, I would prefer to have a rectal examination whilst simultaneously having root canal treatment before granting Bristol City even a draw.
    So a Wolves win , by several please, regardless of how it impacts on our position in any potential promotion/ playoff chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    El Deludio.

Can't say I'm that bothered. Just hope the City keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Wolves - let them run away with it, beat the teams around us
    Spot on we ain't going to compete with the cash manufactured Wolveolona, however we can compete or better real football teams around us .

Someone please tell me how Wolves can get away with this splash of cash v FFP.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    What result would you like and why?
    Wolves win, no question

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Spot on we ain't going to compete with the cash manufactured Wolveolona, however we can compete or better real football teams around us .

Someone please tell me how Wolves can get away with this splash of cash v FFP.
    Probably due to relatively large home crowds and lack of spending over past few seasons?

http://www.worldfootball.net/attenda...p-2017-2018/1/

Is FFP based on average spending over a period longer than one season?

Wolves win. For all the reasons given, and it keeps Jurkshitt away from the place ;)

Draw so they both drop points.

I don’t know why people are saying let Wolves run away with it, it’s not like they are 10 points on front of us.

All that matters really is that 2nd place.

So anything that makes the target for 2nd place lower will help.

A draw or defeat for Bristol in that case.

Even then there will be other teams below them picking up points, so we will still need to get something in the mid-80s. 11 more wins and a handful of draws to get that and that's what I'm focusing on.

Wouldn't it be great to get 3 of those by the end of the year ?!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Draw so they both drop points.

I don’t know why people are saying let Wolves run away with it, it’s not like they are 10 points on front of us.
    indeed

a draw for me, Lets keep Wolves in sight, something to aim for, when you start to look behind you it never ends well

If we can keep going like we are now I don't think that result will have special significance. Whilst we're picking up points like we are currently I'm not too concerned about other results. Obviously it's nice to see The Wurzels lose though.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Probably due to relatively large home crowds and lack of spending over past few seasons?

http://www.worldfootball.net/attenda...p-2017-2018/1/

Is FFP based on average spending over a period longer than one season?
    Wolves aren't spending money - they are loaning players from Jorge Mendez's stable of managed players. It's very clever and suits both sides. Wolves get quality players without having to spend vast sums of money, and Mendez's clients get to put themselves in the shop window rather than sit and rot in the reserves of a better team somewhere else.

I still haven't quite figured out whether I'd want that for us i.e. basically a feeder club for better teams, as you'd hope the eventual outcome would be that you would be one of those better teams. On balance, if I were a Wolves fan, I'd think this was a real positive for the club after years of basically not being able to compete.

For us it means that even keeping close to them in the table is a brilliant achievement - beating them at their place seems all the sweeter when you consider the advantages they have available to them under this setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Wolves aren't spending money - they are loaning players from Jorge Mendez's stable of managed players. It's very clever and suits both sides. Wolves get quality players without having to spend vast sums of money, and Mendez's clients get to put themselves in the shop window rather than sit and rot in the reserves of a better team somewhere else.

I still haven't quite figured out whether I'd want that for us i.e. basically a feeder club for better teams, as you'd hope the eventual outcome would be that you would be one of those better teams. On balance, if I were a Wolves fan, I'd think this was a real positive for the club after years of basically not being able to compete.

For us it means that even keeping close to them in the table is a brilliant achievement - beating them at their place seems all the sweeter when you consider the advantages they have available to them under this setup.
    That’s interesting. I didn’t know that they were loaning in players - I thought they’d spent a shitload on Neves and Cavaleiro - but are you saying that’s not the case and they’re on some other sort of financial deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    It'll depend on where the two teams are at the time of the games but generally I'd prefer a draw in these situations so they both drop 2 points. If we can win at the same time then we've gained 2 points on both teams.
    Why do we need to gain points on wolves? I don't see us catching them anyway.. personal opinion is we would be better off seeing anyone below us pick up as little points as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Why do we need to gain points on wolves? I don't see us catching them anyway.. personal opinion is we would be better off seeing anyone below us pick up as little points as possible.
    Because there are 2 prizes - automatic promotion and Champions.

I can see both points of view, but my preference is that as long as we go up I don’t care. I’d be happy for both us and Wolves to go on a 20 game win streak so we were both mathematically certain of going up, then worry about catching them in the closing weeks of the season

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Because there are 2 prizes - automatic promotion and Champions.

I can see both points of view, but my preference is that as long as we go up I don’t care. I’d be happy for both us and Wolves to go on a 20 game win streak so we were both mathematically certain of going up, then worry about catching them in the closing weeks of the season
    I see both points of view too. And I am well aware how many automatic spots there are available.

Personally I'd just worry below us, as there are only 2 spots then surely it's better for anyone below us to get as little points as possible!! Catch wolves but have bristol closer to us...hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    That’s interesting. I didn’t know that they were loaning in players - I thought they’d spent a shitload on Neves and Cavaleiro - but are you saying that’s not the case and they’re on some other sort of financial deal?
    As I understand it they have bought one or two players for decent sums, but the rest are on loans - for which I guess they are picking up their wages. This will still amount to a fair investment I'd think, but I don't see it as being much different to Uncle Vincent getting Zohore for us via Kortrijk or wherever he came from.

The game has changed into a rich mans plaything unfortunately, and as fans we can only hope our teams have an owner who will at least give as a hope of being competitive in games. For us, while I'm delighted that we have a team which is composed of hard working players with a bit of skill and seems an 'honest' team in many respects, I'm not blind to the fact that we have paid a lot of money for some of these players in the past.

It'll be interesting to see how the authorities react to this means of getting around FFP, though to be honest if Man City and others have managed to get where they are through their owners investment then there have to be loopholes that are being exploited. I don't begrudge Wolves this moment - I just hope it works properly for their longer term supporters.

I'm not bothered about the over-excitable ones who are giving it large on their boards at the moment - their support will probably evaporate as quickly as our glory-hunters did when times got a little bit rough

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I see both points of view too. And I am well aware how many automatic spots there are available.

Personally I'd just worry below us, as there are only 2 spots then surely it's better for anyone below us to get as little points as possible!! Catch wolves but have bristol closer to us...hmmm
    Perhaps you didn’t read the bit about 20 game winning streaks?

You may see 2 points of view but you apparently think only the one you favour is worthy

Neves is the costliest player in the championship and they also bought Costa for £13,000,000.

FFP has apparently changed since Chelsea and man city got a head start.

Don't think wolves loaning a few players will break and rules.
    These players get to be out in the shop window and wolves get a few players too good for our league.