+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clean Sheets

Clean Sheets

I seem to remember one of the players saying that Kevin Blackwell had told them that promotion winning sides tended to keep 15 clean sheets during the season. He challenged the squad to do the same. I think that last night was our 10th so far which is pretty good going from 22 games. Should beat the target easily.

Re: Clean Sheets

Unbelievable defensive unit. The back four were excellent again last night but the two in front of them (particularly Ralls) were outstanding.

I was proud of the team yesterday. Far from a stella performance but by god did they try hard. There were fringe players who perhaps had a right to feel a bit remote from the team, all of whom stepped up. It should do their confidence wonders to know we can still win without some of the main names.

Worst Hull side I've seen for a while mind.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    I was proud of the team yesterday. Far from a stella performance but by god did they try hard. There were fringe players who perhaps had a right to feel a bit remote from the team, all of whom stepped up. It should do their confidence wonders to know we can still win without some of the main names.

Worst Hull side I've seen for a while mind.
    Hull have a load of injuries to be fair, not a many as us though

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Hull have a load of injuries to be fair, not a many as us though
    According to flash scores we both had 6 players missing.