+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kane & Alli

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Kane & Alli

2 awful challenges that should have been straight reds.

De Bruyne, one of the best players on the planet at the moment could have been out for the rest of the season.

Both players booked and free to continue playing, and potentially break an opponents leg next match.

The FA need to alter their rules regarding retrospective action.

Had neither player been booked then they would each have served 3 match bans for retrospective reds.

Re: Kane & Alli

De Bruyne is unplayable at the minute didn't realise how strong he was until this season and by Christ he can't half hit the ball even with is so called weaker foot. Alli's was worse for me straight over the top of the ball very lucky he didn't do serious damage

Alli's was far worse for me, the way he went over the ball he knew what he was doing, Kane's just seemed clumsy

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Alli's was far worse for me, the way he went over the ball he knew what he was doing, Kane's just seemed clumsy
    The sooner video technology is introduced the better.

Players will think twice about making crazy (cowardly) challenges and diving, in the hope that the ref is unsighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    2 awful challenges that should have been straight reds.

De Bruyne, one of the best players on the planet at the moment could have been out for the rest of the season.

Both players booked and free to continue playing, and potentially break an opponents leg next match.

The FA need to alter their rules regarding retrospective action.

Had neither player been booked then they would each have served 3 match bans for retrospective reds.
    Both reds for me.

The sooner video technology is introduced the better.

Players will think twice about making crazy (cowardly) challenges and diving, in the hope that the ref is unsighted.
    Yeah, and it'll be great waiting a minute or two for the verdict. Every 5 minutes. And, threads like this will no longer exist because the game will be free from error, debate, and fun.

Out of character for Kane, Alli on the other hand can be a nasty spiteful piece of work at times

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Yeah, and it'll be great waiting a minute or two for the verdict. Every 5 minutes. And, threads like this will no longer exist because the game will be free from error, debate, and fun.
    Doubt that it will be that regular.

Adding a minute or two a few times in a game won't be a chore.

Not much negativity towards VT in Cricket, Rugby & Tennis.

Having the VT option will prevent most of the cheating, which will be a good thing.

Doubt that it will be that regular.

Adding a minute or two a few times in a game won't be a chore.

Not much negativity towards VT in Cricket, Rugby & Tennis.

Having the VT option will prevent most of the cheating, which will be a good thing.
    The rules in football are a lot more open to interpretation than the other sports mentioned.

You also get a lot more stoppages in play I’m cricket and tennis so it’s easier to review.

You only have to see the so called pundits in the studio disagreeing on wether something is a foul or a dive.etc

Works well for goal line technology because there is no grey area. It’s either over the line or it isnt. Other areas of the game are a lot more subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The rules in football are a lot more open to interpretation than the other sports mentioned.

You only have to see the so called pundits in the studio disagreeing on wether something is a foul or a dive.etc

Works well for goal line technology because there is no grey area. It’s either over the line or it isnt. Other areas of the game are a lot more subjective.
    I agree with most of what you say.

VT will make 'subjective' decisions more accurate.

If Craig Pawson or Michael Oliver had the choice yesterday, I think they would have taken advice.

Alli makes several potential leg breaking tackles per year but is never called out on it, probably because he's English

Troy Deeney went through the back of a player yesterday in a clear red car and the pundits referred to him as "Troy" claiming it was harsh, if it was a foreigner he'd have been slated

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Alli makes several potential leg breaking tackles per year but is never called out on it, probably because he's English

Troy Deeney went through the back of a player yesterday in a clear red car and the pundits referred to him as "Troy" claiming it was harsh, if it was a foreigner he'd have been slated
    That's taking it to a new level!

Alli is a horrible player. The amount of times he makes a disgusting challenge when things aren't going his way - many of them potentially career threatening

He gets excused by so many pundits too, saying he's a great guy off the pitch, or how the challenge looks worse in slow motion

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

You also get a lot more stoppages in play I’m cricket and tennis so it’s easier to review.

Exactly my stand point. Goal line technology - makes sense. A ball crosses the line or it doesn't. Anything else - it's open to interpretation. It's open to error, and that's a key reason why football is the most watched sport on the planet. Also, the same "technology" should be available whether a club is Arsenal, or the Village Green Bowling XI. Unfortunately, that is not the case any more (with goal line technology). Call me an old romantic, but 11 v 11 with a ref and two linesmen whether it be Wembley Stadium or Dog Shit Park gives the sense that all clubs play to the same rules.