+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cricket - Question for all.

Re: Cricket - Question for all.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    The media this morning full of England losing the ashes to Australia. Simple question. Do you care?
    I cared a lot 20 years ago. I cared a bit 10 years ago. Now I hardly care at all. I'm much more interested in Glamorgan. Even then not so much that I go far out of my way to watch them live. I do enjoy the Glammy match reports from the 4-5 regulars on here that know their stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Can’t get my head around them called England when Welsh players can play for them.
    I cant understand why the Welsh football team are called Wales, when English people can play for them.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    I cant understand why the Welsh football team are called Wales, when English people can play for them.
    Still cringe when the City fans sing anti English songs when there are no welsh players in the team and quite a few English plus our management team is all English.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Why would you say that? There are cricket teams all over the South Wales valleys where the game is played by all walks of life. Sure, the cricket establishment at Lords etc is very much the oxbridge old school tie brigade but its nonsense to say that because youre working class you wouldn't encounter cricket fans.
    Cricket wasn't big in Ely, I personally don't know anyone who likes cricket. I've worked at sea and offshore for forty years, can't think of any cricket fans I’ve met, so it's fair to say that, for whatever reason, I don't encounter cricket fans. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Cricket wasn't big in Ely, I personally don't know anyone who likes cricket. I've worked at sea and offshore for forty years, can't think of any cricket fans I’ve met, so it's fair to say that, for whatever reason, I don't encounter cricket fans. Maybe I've just been lucky.
    yet you have opened and replied to a thread about cricket 3 times. I don't know why people go out of their way to tell someone they are not interested in something.

yet you have opened and replied to a thread about cricket 3 times. I don't know why people go out of their way to tell someone they are not interested in something.

I like the "I've never met a cricket fan" argument. Unlike football fans, cricket fans don't have an innate urge to tell everyone about the sport they like, the team they like, the game they saw, the game they are going to see.

He's probably met a few cricket fans, they're just not boasting about it like it is some sort of achievement.

When I read the thread title 'Cricket - Question for all.' I thought 'all' meant everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

I like the "I've never met a cricket fan" argument. Unlike football fans, cricket fans don't have an innate urge to tell everyone about the sport they like, the team they like, the game they saw, the game they are going to see.

He's probably met a few cricket fans, they're just not boasting about it like it is some sort of achievement.
    On the contrary I find some cricket fans who call it " the game of the gods " and tosh like that really pompous and pretentious.

And I've met / know a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

This was the original question:
    'The media this morning full of England losing the ashes to Australia. Simple question. Do you care?'
    Perhaps all those that do care should have replied 'Yes', and all those that don't care should have replied 'No'. Would have made for yet another riveting thread. Maybe it should have been a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    On the contrary I find some cricket fans who call it " the game of the gods " and tosh like that really pompous and pretentious.

I've never heard a cricket fan say that

Quote Originally Posted by ae15 View Post
    Enjoy watching it but won't care how well England do unless there's Welshmen in the team. Very much care about Glamorgan though.
    Pretty much the same for me.

First Team

How can anyone not love a sport that revolves around lunch and tea?

Lunch and tea are the highlights. That and some guy in the crowd catching the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    The media this morning full of England losing the ashes to Australia. Simple question. Do you care?
    As much as I care when they lose at football.

Definitely YES!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post

On the contrary there are football fans incredibly pompous and pretentious. Mostly those writing for When Saturday Comes. *

* Other pompous and pretentious magazines are available.