+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're going to miss this season when it's gone...

Blue in the Face

We're going to miss this season when it's gone...

Promotion or no promotion, this season is very very special. Very very special manager and staff. Flair players. Dedicated players. Lovable players. Great football. Great win after win. Determined comebacks. All wrapped up in one season.

Watching the games on ifollow just isn't good enough for me. After seeing the Bamba vid Baloo posted I'm going to have to fly back for some games in the new year. Who knows maybe we'll have to open up the top stand for games like the wurzel revenge in Feb...

Re: We're going to miss this season when it's gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Promotion or no promotion, this season is very very special. Very very special manager and staff. Flair players. Dedicated players. Lovable players. Great football. Great win after win. Determined comebacks. All wrapped up in one season.

Watching the games on ifollow just isn't good enough for me. After seeing the Bamba vid Baloo posted I'm going to have to fly back for some games in the new year. Who knows maybe we'll have to open up the top stand for games like the wurzel revenge in Feb...
    Great post. I know that everything I love about Cardiff is coming together again in this season - team spirit, fans getting involved more (even if the crowds aren't great those that are there want to be there for the team not just the entertainment), other clubs fans disliking us, unexpected push for glory, etc.

This is the first time that it's felt like 'my' Cardiff since the Dave Jones years where we had no money but had huge entertainment in messing up our opportunities

If we mess up again this year it won't be for a want of trying. I just hope we get the luck any side needs to get promoted from this division as the team have earned it this year. Looking forward to Kadeem, Zohore, Gunnarsson and Morrison all coming back soon...

Yes, good call. I live in Stockport and not felt the love to go to an away game for a few years. Will check out the fixtures for rest of season. Do the Holyhead boys still travel?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Great post. I know that everything I love about Cardiff is coming together again in this season - team spirit, fans getting involved more (even if the crowds aren't great those that are there want to be there for the team not just the entertainment), other clubs fans disliking us, unexpected push for glory, etc.

This is the first time that it's felt like 'my' Cardiff since the Dave Jones years where we had no money but had huge entertainment in messing up our opportunities

If we mess up again this year it won't be for a want of trying. I just hope we get the luck any side needs to get promoted from this division as the team have earned it this year. Looking forward to Kadeem, Zohore, Gunnarsson and Morrison all coming back soon...
    There's an idiotic part of me that doesn't want us to get promoted so we can try and have a similar ride in the championship next year, but our budget will shrink next year because of the ending parachute payments, so that really is stupid thought. If Neil does get us up, it is likely to completely change the club's fate for years to come.

What I really love about this year is there is no on/off field drama for the doom-mongers to use as a stick to beat the club with. It really is all good for now.

Really looking forward to the idea of Big Ken and Tomlin playing in the same team...

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    Yes, good call. I live in Stockport and not felt the love to go to an away game for a few years. Will check out the fixtures for rest of season. Do the Holyhead boys still travel?
    Do it!

I was talking to Harry & his Mrs (Sandy) on Saturday in the Canton Pub. I think they are from Denbigh and they are defo going to Bolton

It has been a remarkable season so far.
    47 points, second, some great football early on, an ability to win even when not performing so well, players stepping up, harmony amongst fans, the Directors and owner managing well, and of course Neil Warnock.
    I do understand the view of some that promotion isn't the be all and narrowly missing out can be the worst outcome.
    I do hope we can keep going and get promoted, simply because next season will be even harder if we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    It has been a remarkable season so far.
    47 points, second, some great football early on, an ability to win even when not performing so well, players stepping up, harmony amongst fans, the Directors and owner managing well, and of course Neil Warnock.
    I do understand the view of some that promotion isn't the be all and narrowly missing out can be the worst outcome.
    I do hope we can keep going and get promoted, simply because next season will be even harder if we don't.
    Its fans like you and your son who travel to Cardiff from Hampshire to watch a game on Sky telly that makes the difference

We are in Bolton on Saturday- that's got to be as close as it's going to get for you in Stockport this season 👍

Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    We are in Bolton on Saturday- that's got to be as close as it's going to get for you in Stockport this season 👍
    Cant this Saturday. But targeting both sheffield games.

I'll remember this season.

Girstnone my daughter has come for a few games, we have half season tickets for the rest of the season.

She's never been interested in the usual like dancing/swimming.

Really nice to have something to do together.

Nice name

Blog Entries

Great post, on top of all that it's been a special season for me, I finally found the confidence to go back to games after losing weight, it was well over due but I couldn't have picked a better time, so glad I did

I would not have lost the weight if it were not for cyclops pushing my buttons about it though, I will do anything to prove that man wrong. thanks cyclops

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Great post, on top of all that it's been a special season for me, I finally found the confidence to go back to games after losing weight, it was well over due but I couldn't have picked a better time, so glad I did

I would not have lost the weight if it were not for cyclops pushing my buttons about it though, I will do anything to prove that man wrong. thanks cyclops
    Great for you and nice to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Nice name

Must be Cornish, or maybe Brythonic?

Best season since the infamous days of Toshack /Clark ,and latterly Chop's and Bothyrod.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

That's amazing well done 👍

Great post btw. If only this would transfer into bums on seats. I'm hoping the optimism surrounding half season ticket sales and a few bumper gates for big games will reignite the attendances.

On that score, we still hold the Wembley sporting attendance record (albeit jointly with Portsmouth), so it is certainly possible...

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Great post btw. If only this would transfer into bums on seats. I'm hoping the optimism surrounding half season ticket sales and a few bumper gates for big games will reignite the attendances.

On that score, we still hold the Wembley sporting attendance record (albeit jointly with Portsmouth), so it is certainly possible...
    I persuaded a mate to become a Cardiff fan last night. So I've added one plastic...

I'm planning on Millwall away being the first game back after 5 years, and then Brentford away the following month. Just feels like the club is getting back to how it used to be. I hadn't expected to get the bug/buzz back but I have, and Warnock takes all credit for that!

Agree with all the positive points above.

Sadly I know Redmoaners who still actually wish us ill despite us being back in blue and Tan apologising.

Life is too short to bear grudges in my book.

Bloooobirds !

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    I'm planning on Millwall away being the first game back after 5 years, and then Brentford away the following month. Just feels like the club is getting back to how it used to be. I hadn't expected to get the bug/buzz back but I have, and Warnock takes all credit for that!
    If you're intending to fly back right after the Millwall game, they seem to have a habit of holding the our fans back for an hour the game. Might be worth considering.

Last few times I've been to millwall we were allowed straight out, I think with the walk way to the station and the lower crowds it hasn't been that difficult recently.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Agree with all the positive points above.

Sadly I know Redmoaners who still actually wish us ill despite us being back in blue and Tan apologising.

Life is too short to bear grudges in my book.

Bloooobirds !
    I must have missed the Tan apology. The way he split the fan base, and the way he spoke about his customers, the way he dismissed Cardiff City's greatest achievement - the fekker deserves all the respect he gets from me and that is fvck all.

I persuaded a mate to become a Cardiff fan last night. So I've added one plastic...
    Ditto - an Irish lad. We're planning a day trip from Dublin to see the City.

Seen 2 games this year (circumstances have changed, so I can) after a few years of missing whole seasons. Thoroughly enjoyed Brentford recently - great to be back.