+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lee Tomlin question....

Re: Lee Tomlin question....

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It’s time he was given a run in the side, even if he’s pulled off after an hour.
    That's one incentive, I suppose!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I really, really hope he can come through. He has his demons to fight though.
    What a load of crap. We hear this about failing top class football players all the time, like we should be sorry for them. bollocks!!!
    They earn top money compared to the average fan who pays to watch them. What the feck has personal "Demons" got to do with it.

You think ordinary working stiffs don't have their demons? They are just expected to keep it to themselves and get on with their job/life.
    If they don't they're out of work.

It should be the same for footballers

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's one incentive, I suppose!
    Just thinking outside the box

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And do you think he would let him get away with being lazy? He wouldn’t be anywhere near the bench, let alone the team if he wasn’t putting any effort in.

Warnock doesn’t pull any punches. If Tomlin was taking the piss we’d know about it.
    Warnock doesn't pull any punches but doesn't throw players under the bus from what I've seen. His comments about Tomlin's fitness are about as much as we'll get from him on that score.

Tomlin is certainly on the bench minimum because he's that damn good a creative player. His fitness isn't there - yet - which imo isn't good enough midway through a season. He's given cameos because that's how Warnock et al assess his current fitness.

Your point about his effect simply sums up why he needs to be fit, why he needs to play 90 minutes.

There's a difference between fitness and match fitness. Tomlin obviously isn't quite match fit yet and that'll only come with more minutes

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I've read they were both told to mark each other.
    I'll go along with that

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There's a difference between fitness and match fitness. Tomlin obviously isn't quite match fit yet and that'll only come with more minutes
    Makes a run, gasping for breath at the end of it. That's not match fitness.

If it was only match fitness that was the issue, I'd have expected Tomlin to be a regular in DVP games until up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Classy
    To be fare, rearranging Neil Warnock into Colin Wanker was a great spot by the perpetrator, and if he wasn’t our manager most on here would still be calling him that when discussing him, so let’s not get too far up our own arses, and have a bit of class by still referring to him as Colin. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Classy
    To be fare, rearranging Neil Warnock into Colin Wanker was a great spot by the perpetrator, and if he wasn’t our manager most on here would still be calling him that when discussing him, so let’s not get too far up our own arses, and have a bit of class by still referring to him as Colin. 👍

He's not fit to chase after balls for 90 minutes. Correct.

He is fit to play 90 mins and be the playmaker we need though.

Use him properly and he will give you a good 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He's not fit to chase after balls for 90 minutes. Correct.

He is fit to play 90 mins and be the playmaker we need though.

Use him properly and he will give you a good 90 minutes.
    Perhaps you can point to the games where Tomlin's role has been to "chase after balls". Clue; that's not been his role.

He's being used properly as his fitness demands at the monent.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Perhaps you can point to the games where Tomlin's role has been to "chase after balls". Clue; that's not been his role.

He's being used properly as his fitness demands at the monent.
    I seem to remember him chasing a lot the hull game.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    To be fare, rearranging Neil Warnock into Colin Wanker was a great spot by the perpetrator, and if he wasn’t our manager most on here would still be calling him that when discussing him, so let’s not get too far up our own arses, and have a bit of class by still referring to him as Colin. ��
    Why people get upset about it is laughable it's the greatest anagram of anyone's name

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Why people get upset about it is laughable it's the greatest anagram of anyone's name
    Aye!

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...arnock-one-one

Not like he finds it offensive

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What a load of crap. We hear this about failing top class football players all the time, like we should be sorry for them. bollocks!!!
    They earn top money compared to the average fan who pays to watch them. What the feck has personal "Demons" got to do with it.

You think ordinary working stiffs don't have their demons? They are just expected to keep it to themselves and get on with their job/life.
    If they don't they're out of work.

It should be the same for footballers
    Donuts and Pie's