+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Everton v Swansea on Sky tonight

Re: Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    No, yo7 are right, nearest complete football approach I’ve seen tonight since Barcelona. Swansea were so unlucky.
    And you wonder why people think you’re a bit of a tit.....

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    No I watched the game score lines don't always reflect the actual match fortunately the jack's don't have anyone to put the ball in the net
    Or defend.

Or boss midfield.

Fabianski’s decent though.

No, yo7 are right, nearest complete football approach I’ve seen tonight since Barcelona. Swansea were so unlucky.
    Wtf are you talking about who said anything about them playing like Barca they was the better side most of that game

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Or defend.

Or boss midfield.

Fabianski’s decent though.
    They did boss the midfield until Sam wised up and went with 5

Don't argue for the sake of it.

Remember your vow with another poster and stretch it across the board eh :thumb:

Swansea were sh!t all over the pitch.

They are in deep trouble. Im not talking relegation. They are going down. Its what comes after that.

Theyd better have stuck relegation clauses in their players contracts because apart from their keeper i cant see PL clubs wanting any of their players.

Yep Sam went 4-1-4-1 and it changed the game. Was pretty even before that and Everton needed a pen to equalise before the change.

We could do with fabianski , cheeky bid Colin

Rush made a comeback ???????

Perfect, the jacks lost, and Ash still managed to make a Cnut of himself!

People saying it's beacause he's getting old, but he never had any pace to start with!

He's been found out, he was OK stood on the edge of the 18 yard box 'blocking' in the tippy tappy era, but the games changed, defenders have to defend now, and he's been found sadly lacking.

Mind you, even I feel a bit sorry for him, getting slaughtered on Twitter week in and week out! Maybe it was a blessing he had to close his account down some years ago, following a little off the field 'activity' with the single mums of Town Hill!!

Re: Everton v Swansea on Sky tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    We could do with fabianski , cheeky bid Colin
    Colin?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Colin?
    Certain posters on here still like to use a derogatory name for our wonderful manager. Sad buggers

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    And you wonder why people think you’re a bit of a tit.....
    It's utterly bizarre, isn't it?!

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Certain posters on here still like to use a derogatory name for our wonderful manager. Sad buggers
    Very odd indeed.

Lack of quality, does not mean lack of effort. They tried, they are just not good enough.
    With just 12 points from 18 games, and 7 of their remaining 20 games against the big 6 I’d be shocked if they managed to get 30 points, let alone the magic 40.

I didn't watch the game, but turned over just as the game finished.

Anyone else notice Tampax talking to his under 21 mate Calvert Lewin, with his mouth covered by a gloved hand.

Bet he was saying something like "I'm ******* outta here in the new year, I'm going to pull a hammie"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Yeah, because before that he deserved the name Colin Wanker. At least the people still using the nickname are not displaying hypocrisy. I'm sure Warnock takes it all in good fun anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Lack of quality, does not mean lack of effort. They tried, they are just not good enough.
    With just 12 points from 18 games, and 7 of their remaining 20 games against the big 6 I’d be shocked if they managed to get 30 points, let alone the magic 40.
    They will slip slide away. Last night was their big effort to get out of the relegation zone in a winnable game at Goodison Park. Like you say, they lack quality. Like Dr Lecter says, they lack quality everywhere on the pitch.

Palace at home next, and I reckon Hodgson has them sussed out. Can't see them winning that at all. That's when the manager gets the boot, just in time for the dead cat bounce to have zero effect as they play Liverpool, Spurs and Watford (their best chance of three points over Christmas, and they won't get anything there either).

I don't think they will slip through the leagues (although they did before), but I can't see them getting anything near what they've invested back.

At some stage 2-3 years ago, Swansea took all the good things they had done, ripped them up, threw them away and felt they could challenge. Remember some of their fans were eyeing the UEFA Cup spots on here 2 years ago! Unrealistic ambitions when clubs are spending quarter of a billion in transfer windows. The only thing that can help them is if there are equally inept managers like Clement who want Clucas for £15m. The chances of that are as slim as their chances to stay up. Zilch.

It's proving profitable betting on Everton to win at home. Last night's winnings were made sweeter as they were at the expense of a woeful away performance. Mind, Everton were worse until they equalised.

Didn’t I read that clueless, I mean Clucas cost £18 million......allegedly they spunked £75 million on rubbish......

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Didn’t I read that clueless, I mean Clucas cost £18 million......allegedly they spunked £75 million on rubbish......

£16m on him, £12m on Bony, £6m-£9m ( including wages) on Sanches loan, £15m on Buggsy Malone, £5m on Abrahams loan... that accounts for £57m , can't think of anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    £16m on him, £12m on Bony, £6m-£9m ( including wages) on Sanches loan, £15m on Buggsy Malone, £5m on Abrahams loan... that accounts for £57m , can't think of anyone else.
    Dont be silly , that must be some other side. Swansea had a secret formula of buying players for a couple of million then selling them for 20- 30 million a piece. If only we had thought of that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Dont be silly , that must be some other side. Swansea had a secret formula of buying players for a couple of million then selling them for 20- 30 million a piece. If only we had thought of that one?
    I think the word you are looking for is luck.

We once had a chairman who'd built a Premier League team doing that.

Problem is, it doesn't last forever.

I saying that, they could still stay up, there's at least 6 very poor sides in that division maybe 8.

I reckon if we were in it we'd have a chance, I've not been impressed by a lot of the bottom half sides.

West Ham and maybe Palace will climb out, but it could be any 3 from 8 or 9 for the others

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I think the wages are higher than they should be as well. Bet they wish they hadn't ****ed off Brendan after promising him he could come back ,and put their faith in Francesco Guidolin. That was a huge mistake.