+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nostalgia and the 'current crop'

Nostalgia and the 'current crop'

We all look back at Ninian Park, Carl Dale, Eddie May, Jimmy Schoular, Earnie, Nathan Blake, Chopra, Malky, John Buchanon, Phil Dwyer etc etc etc as legends, history and heroes, but Sol Bamba, Joe Ralls and the current squad deserve an honorable mention.

Neil Warnock has surely hit legendary status already. The man is a genius.

Re: Nostalgia and the 'current crop'

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    We all look back at Ninian Park, Carl Dale, Eddie May, Jimmy Schoular, Earnie, Nathan Blake, Chopra, Malky, John Buchanon, Phil Dwyer etc etc etc as legends, history and heroes, but Sol Bamba, Joe Ralls and the current squad deserve an honorable mention.

NW is there already. Bamba, Zohore, NML, Junior, Ralls, Manga, Morrison and Gunnars have probably reached there too, to go with McNaughton, Whitts and Marshall in recent years.

Peltier, Bennett, Etheridge, Paterson and Bogle could make it too. The others just need to up their games a little to get there - though Tomlin might make it sooner if he can find a way to get into the team more often.

When you look at where were were a twelve month ago the whole squad and coaching staff, one and all, will be immortalised should the unmentionable happen.

As for Warnock, we must make it impossible for him to leave us.... whatever the outcome at the end.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Top post. I think because Neil hasn't been here long, he hasn't had the time to become a nostalgic fave. Maybe that's only possible in retrospect. But it's because he's done so much in a matter of months, against a herd of big spenders, that he could be seen as our special one in time to come.

I just hope he somehow leaves a template to follow but I don't know how that's possible really. He's a freak.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    NW is there already. Bamba, Zohore, NML, Junior, Ralls, Manga, Morrison and Gunnars have probably reached there too, to go with McNaughton, Whitts and Marshall in recent years.

Peltier, Bennett, Etheridge, Paterson and Bogle could make it too. The others just need to up their games a little to get there - though Tomlin might make it sooner if he can find a way to get into the team more often.
    Good list. Bamba is now in Hudson territory. Bennett is pretty much there for me too. Especially if he stays with us. Think Tomlin is going to win us some crucial games too. I get the feeling he's really responding to the adoration of the fans.

No mention of other Eddie? But in all seriousness, i'd add Kavanagh to the list too.

In our last two home games, we've sung Happy Birthday to our manager and given our hearts to a big brawny centre half - something strange is going on at Cardiff City Stadium .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In our last two home games, we've sung Happy Birthday to our manager and given our hearts to a big brawny centre half - something strange is going on at Cardiff City Stadium .
    You can "FEEL THE LOVE", all around the stands

Bamba must be one of the best and important signings of many a year, on and off the field.
    He seems to be a great ambassador for the club.
    Good feelings all around,long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

Bamba must be one of the best and important signings of many a year, on and off the field.
    He seems to be a great ambassador for the club.
    Good feelings all around,long may it continue.
    Been my favourite ever since he arrived.
    Spedger

I think it is not just NW we need to be praising up at this stage. It is the whole set up, Ronnie Jepson and Kevin Blackwell obviously take a lot on. Great feeling around the whole club at the moment. Just a pity attendances are not abreast with the success.
    Spedger