+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pilkington future?

Blue in the Face

Pilkington future?

Thought Pilkington gave us a very good performance against Hull when you consider he was out of position hasn't played for an age. He certainly comes across as a true pro and you can't say he didn't work his socks off.

The writing has seemed to be on the wall that Neil will probably look to move him on in Jan. But could Pilkington do anything to play his way back into contention and a longer Cardiff future? Or are his wages likely to be too great for a non-starting player?

Re: Pilkington future?

I wouldn't quite go as far as to say it was a very good performance, but a good one, nevertheless. Also, as you said - you have to take into consideration his lack of first team action and playing out of position.

I listened to Warnock's post-match interview on iFollow. He said that Pilkington had been a "revelation" in training and that he sees things in the player now that he didn't see last season. However, perhaps more tellingly, he went on to say: - "...he (Pilkington) has clearly decided to himself that, if I'm going to go, I'm going to go in the best possible condition." There was no correction of this by Warnock. So, it looks like he'll definitely be moved on.

Blue in the Face

Re: Pilkington future?

I kind of read that interview a tad different. I felt Neil was saying Pllks leaving was his previous position but now he's re-considering. Maybe Neil is just saying nice things with a bit of salesmanship in mind.

Pilkington is acting like a good pro though, whatever the outcome.