+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben Woodburn made available for loan move in January

Ben Woodburn made available for loan move in January

Warnock does like a winger, and Feeney's short term contract is up. Not that i'm putting two and two together!!

Re: Ben Woodburn made available for loan move in January

Would love us to get him! Has that but of magic to create that but extra something we lack a lot of the time

Would be amazing if we could get him

They'll be a ( ) clause stating that he has to start or play a guaranteed number of minutes, à la Zaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

They'll be a ( ) clause stating that he has to start or play a guaranteed number of minutes, à la Zaha.
    surely he is good enough to play all games for us though ( infact you can say that for most of the bottom 1/2 of the prem )

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    surely he is good enough to play all games for us though ( infact you can say that for most of the bottom 1/2 of the prem )
    Yeah but who do you drop?

I shouldn't think NW will be interested. He likes a bit of experience. Might be fun though.

Would love us to get him but he's nailed on to go to Sunderland

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Who would keep him out?

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    Apparently, Liverpool don't want him to go there.

Cardiff would be a good fit, he could play as a number 10. It would be a good experience for him playing in a promotion challenging team, and he knows a bit about the city. Maybe Bale's mum can let him sleep in Gareth's room?

Quote Originally Posted by Swbluebird View Post
    For what reason?

I dont think he is a good fit for us ,he'd struggle to put in game after game , need someone who knows the league and its tricks , not to young , and hey Harris is due back soon ,like a new signing .

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    For what reason?
    Ok maybe nailed on was overstating it but if he goes to the championship I can't see him anywhere other than Sunderland, he'll get lots of game time, by then they may well be a few points clear of relegation so he can have half a season of relatively pressure free games and most importantly Coleman knows him and has worked with him in the past. Makes a lot of sense.

I don't see him with us, I'm not sure Warnock would be prepared to play him enough to make the loan worthwhile, that said if he was, maybe it would make sense with the potential for us to loan him again for next season were we to go up.

Got enough cover on the wings.

I think he would get plenty of game time, even if he doesn't start very often. And I don't see the point of him joining a mid table team with no pressure. I'm sure klopp wants him tested..

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Yeah but who do you drop?
    No one every fecker is injured

I love Woodburn as a player but I don’t understand where he’d fit in? We wouldn’t drop Hoilett or Mendez -Laing and he’s not strong enough to play in our system up top?

I do think he’s a cracking prospect for some club though

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Cardiff would be a good fit, he could play as a number 10. It would be a good experience for him playing in a promotion challenging team, and he knows a bit about the city. Maybe Bale's mum can let him sleep in Gareth's room?
    That’s the only position I can see him in with Gunnar and Ralls behind

No chance,Warnock needs players to get us over the line not could be's in a couple of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Would love us to get him! Has that but of magic to create that but extra something we lack a lot of the time
    Agreed! Would be great to get him.
    Spedger

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Apparently, Liverpool don't want him to go there.
    Really? That's a bit strange no? Would've though Sunderland might be a good fit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I love Woodburn as a player but I don’t understand where he’d fit in? We wouldn’t drop Hoilett or Mendez -Laing and he’s not strong enough to play in our system up top?

I do think he’s a cracking prospect for some club though
    Feel the same. Not sure he's the right fit for us at this exact moment. Though I would be excited to see him turn out for us if he did come. From Woodburn's / Liverpool's perspective there are better suited clubs for him to go to I feel. Preferably a club where he'll get loads of game time.

Woodburn is more of a no.10 more than a winger in my mind as that's where I've gotten used to see him play in Wales/Liverpool youth games. But he obviously did great for Wales out wide and given his physicality and age, it's easy to imagine that him getting pitch time on the wing if he does go to a championship club. Will be really interesting to see how he does on the wing from a Wales perspective, as I can see us having to ditch the wing backs system to accommodate the new talent coming through.

Think Warnock burnt his Liverpool bridges a long time ago with his "They don't have windows there, do they?" .

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a7535311.html

Woodburn isn't really a winger, he tends to play more in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Who would keep him out?
    Hoilett & NML.

I think he'd be a good addition but not if Liverpool dictate the odds. We saw that fail with Ameobi & Zaha.

We're where we are due to the team ethic & NW decision making.