+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mouse driving me mad!

Mouse driving me mad!

Computer mouse, that is!

It's one of those with a wheel in the middle, so scrolling is really easy...
    until today.
    Normally, roll the wheel backwards, screen scrolls down, roll forwards, screen scrolls up. Simple .

Today, roll back, screen scrolls down a bit, then stops, so roll back again, screen scrolls up!
    then it alternates, screen going up and down like Sludge having a dream about some old slapper.

Driving me nuts!

Re: Mouse driving me mad!

The Ball probably needs a clean up, sometimes the old ones get a bit gunked up.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Computer mouse, that is!

It's one of those with a wheel in the middle, so scrolling is really easy...
    until today.
    Normally, roll the wheel backwards, screen scrolls down, roll forwards, screen scrolls up. Simple .

Today, roll back, screen scrolls down a bit, then stops, so roll back again, screen scrolls up!
    then it alternates, screen going up and down like Sludge having a dream about some old slapper.

Driving me nuts!
    Is Scroll lock on?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's optical.
    The wheel is on top, between the right and left click buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Is Scroll lock on?
    No

Mines gone weird as well, unless I click on a page scrolling up or down takes me to another page.

Example - On here if I scroll up it takes me to page2 of the forum, scroll back down, goes back to page 1.
    Driving me insane.

try a mouse mat

I use my laptop touchpad. My cursor was freezing and was driving me potty. I'd been unable to update my anti-virus for five weeks after working away with poor internet. As soon as I updated it, the problem disappeared.

Feedback

Do people still use a mouse? How quaint

Feed it on a nice mat and buy it a ball

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    try a mouse mat
    Before you bang yourself on the head too much you don't need a mouse mat with an optical mouse.
    And the problem is with the scroll wheel, on top of the mouse

BobH - have you got another mouse in the house (hoots mon!) that you could try?
    If so that might narrow it down regards whether it is a physical problem with the mouse itself, or some setting / problem on the PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Before you bang yourself on the head too much you don't need a mouse mat with an optical mouse.

If so that might narrow it down regards whether it is a physical problem with the mouse itself, or some setting / problem on the PC.
    Only other mouse is a very old one with a ball, no scroll wheel, so won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post

Only other mouse is a very old one with a ball, no scroll wheel, so won't help.

Just have to use the scroll bars for now.

International

A very good IT professional I worked with told me that they are difficult to wash because the water gets inside. so the best way is to clean them with malt whisky on cottonwool because the whisky evaporates and deosn't leave a lasting dampness.
    however he did add that, considering the cost of malt whisky by far the best method was to drink the whisky then throw the mouse in the bin and ger a new one, it's cheaper.

Try adjusting these settings.

1.jpg

2a.jpg

Not a mouse problem but on this site sometimes when I refresh the page the threads appear randomly instead of latest posted

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Not a mouse problem but on this site sometimes when I refresh the page the threads appear randomly instead of latest posted
    Come back in the morning when your sober

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Come back in the morning when your sober
    I don't post on here when pissed not a good idea plus I only drink tea in the house

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I don't post on here when pissed not a good idea plus I only drink tea in the house
    Aye enough of them on here already haha

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Try adjusting these settings.

1.jpg

2a.jpg
    Been there, done that, etc.
    New mouse beckons.

I too have had mouse probs. It sounds weird, but I noticed that when I touched my head, the cursor seemed to have a mind of it's own. If I was typing, off it would go across the page; pages would scroll down to the bottom of their own accord - the ghost in the machine. I cleaned the ball, then changed the mouse (the new one didn't come with an installation prog, so nothing to re-install); changed the mat and still it happens. The only way I've stopped it is to dribble a bit on the optical glass (I dribble a lot these days). Then it's OK for a bit.

If I didn't know better, I'd think it was some sort of earthing prob - that, or the mouse is downloading seepage from my brrain.

^^ think your keyboard is a bit fecked also mate - look at the gobbledygook coming off of that thing .

Just press on the scroll wheel once

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Do people still use a mouse? How quaint
    #accidentalpartridge

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Just press on the scroll wheel once
    Who let the IT crowd in