+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FT: Bristol 2 - 1 Man Utd

Re: FT: Bristol 2 - 1 Man Utd

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Fair play to them that's brilliant and it was a good match too. What football is all about.
    As much as it sticks in my throat, the Brizzle done well tonight. On the bright side, they now have 2 more games to play than us, with the prospect of injuries and suspensions.

I know.....clutching at straws 😕

Agreed, they were good tonight. They look a good outfit when they are on form.

Re: Latest: Bristol 1 - 1 Man Utd

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't believe you rushed straight on here on your big night. Well, actually I can.

Great performance tonight though.

Possibly posted this in the wrong thread, but anyhoo:

Whilst I wanted them to go through a gruelling, punishing extra time, I hadn't considered them winning tonight but now I have, it's by far the best outcome for us.

I'd hate to have to be thinking about those extra games and all the fanfare / media attention, when the real prize is promotion.

And if they start crowing about a League Cup semi, well they can maybe come back to us when they've narrowly lost in the final on pelanties

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post

And if they start crowing about a League Cup semi, well they can maybe come back to us when they've narrowly lost in the final on pelanties

We’d have to rearrange our game with them (scheduled for the 24th Feb) if they get to the final.

So a bit of extra time heartache will be nice in the semi’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamsarnie View Post
    We’d have to rearrange our game with them (scheduled for the 24th Feb) if they get to the final.

So a bit of extra time heartache will be nice in the semi’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I can't believe you rushed straight on here on your big night. Well, actually I can.

Great performance tonight though.
    I can as well, he's a sad wanker

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Obviously want them to crash and burn in the league but fair play to BCFC it's a great night for them.

Seems to be a friendly pitch invasion, winning goal scorer having a selfie with everyone, brilliant night for the smaller club.
    Good to see the many sporting comments about our nearest and dearest rivals.

Fantastic 1st goal and composed 2nd. Good luck to them in the semis. They'll need it.

The fact that they had no fit target man makes their result all the more impressive.

Hopefully they'll be exhausted for QPR !

Cracking goal the first one

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations Charlie ... have you apologised to L.J. for your abusive twitter posts last season yet?

The only good thing about this is the hammering they should get in the semi's

The best thing about this result is that it shows the Championship is getting closer to the Prem in ability all the time. While United probably had the better players it was clear that Bristol had the better team. IF we go up then hopefully we'll stand a better chance of staying up this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    The best thing about this result is that it shows the Championship is getting closer to the Prem in ability all the time. While United probably had the better players it was clear that Bristol had the better team. IF we go up then hopefully we'll stand a better chance of staying up this time...
    Wonder what the odds are on Swansea staying up and Cardiff & Bristol joining them?

Man City will tear them a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Wolves held them. And that was still a strong Man City team.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Can't wait to see them over two legs against Man City. It will probably be a record semi final score on aggregate (to Man City that is!). And two more extra games for Brizzle, good news all around for us.

Fair play, a great result for the wurzels and you'd think the adrenalin gained from this win would overcome any tiredness they feel on Saturday - must say though that the opposition hit the woodwork six times in their last two televised matches, which were both won 2-1 - let's hope their luck evens itself out over time because they're getting plenty of it at the moment.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    Being a wurzel, shouldn't that read:

"OOOOOOOOOHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"...?

Anyway, I won't begrudge your happiness. Enjoy it, while it lasts....

Great...

Two extra games...

Distraction...

Players now in shop window for January sales...

This could cost them a few points...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fair play, a great result for the wurzels and you'd think the adrenalin gained from this win would overcome any tiredness they feel on Saturday - must say though that the opposition hit the woodwork six times in their last two televised matches, which were both won 2-1 - let's hope their luck evens itself out over time because they're getting plenty of it at the moment.
    I don't mind that they won tonight but it would be great if they could lose a few now and take the pressure off us.

Any news on the open top bus through Bristol?

Not a good trip all round for Utd

Manchester United's trip to Bristol this week turned into a journey to forget in more ways than one.

United's intended flight to the south west on Tuesday was diverted to Cardiff due to fog.

Jose Mourinho and his squad then returned to the Welsh capital after their surprise 2-1 Carabao Cup defeat by Championship side, only to discover that the fog was too bad for them to return by air.

Instead, they had to make the journey on the team bus, returning to Manchester at 5am.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    ****ing hell. Minutes after the final whistle, your main thought is posting on a Cardiff City message board......
    It's the finest compliment he's ever paid us.