+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clement gone from Swansea Town.

Re: Clement gone from Swansea Town.

Leon Britton I read on twitter from what seemed to be the jack's version of CC

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Another odd thing is the timing of this. Their last 3 games have seen a win over relegation rivals and suffered expected defeats to Man City and Everton. In terms of results, nothing has happened over the last few games that has been any worse than what has gone before - by all accounts the first half at Everton was decent. If Clement was to be sacked, why not earlier?

I can only presume powers at be want the bounce effect for the Palace game or it's a smokescreen for something else.
    When anyone is sacked after a long run of failure you could ask why didn't it happen earlier. On the other hand, look at the turnaround at Bristol City when the manager looked dead in the water last season.

International

Another odd thing is the timing of this. Their last 3 games have seen a win over relegation rivals and suffered expected defeats to Man City and Everton. In terms of results, nothing has happened over the last few games that has been any worse than what has gone before - by all accounts the first half at Everton was decent. If Clement was to be sacked, why not earlier?

I can only presume powers at be want the bounce effect for the Palace game or it's a smokescreen for something else.
    Unless of coursae they were planning to sack him then but had to wait until the new man they lined up was available

International

What amazes me is the way that clubs rush to employ managers who are only available because they have failed somewhere else.
    At least that wasn't the case at City.

They sacked a lot of Clement's staff as well which makes me think they had someone ready to come in and take over at very short notice.

Most Premier League clubs invest in their squads in order to, at the very least, remain in the League. Swansea have done the opposite by consistently selling their best players and buying cheaper replacements. The writing was on the wall last season and what did they do? Sell the only two players who could score goals. They deserve everything they get including the inevitability of probable relegation this season or next.

Pulis has a great record of not relegating.

Swansea fans don't want Pulis for footballing style reasons!

I can't see him going there anyway - how many in that squad are the type of player Pulis looks for? They'd need a massive squad revamp in January, well, money isn't being spent.

I'd laugh if they cited this year under Clement as showing it's not just Yanks who fail and appointed Billy-Joe Redneck, famed for his success with Hickville Hedgehogs as the next manager.

Cameron Toshack...Cameron fekin Toshack....
    What a player he was.

Cameron Toshack has apparently been doing a good job coaching at youth level according to a mate.

I doubt any of those named are being considered tbh. Would live it to be Giggs mind for the lolz.

Really don’t think it’ll be Pulis, Swansea fans don’t want him but I doubt he wants them either.
    It would’ve been Coleman’s if he waited a month.
    Really hope it’s Leon Britton, they’d be fecking doomed and at 12-1 maybe worth a cheeky tenner.

Giggs please, just so he doesn't get the Wales job

If they wait till Sunday, they can have Mark Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Leon Britton I read on twitter from what seemed to be the jack's version of CC
    A failed comedian with more forums than jokes who never goes to games? Does every club have one?

It is Britton - they didn't even have a replacement lined up. Sunderland MKII

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am a visionary, almost god like
    But you don't believe in God, ergo you don't believe in yourself!!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    "Now the 'Swansea Way' is to announce a departure in December to make way for a New Year miracle worker."

It lasted longer than The Cardiff Way.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    A failed comedian with more forums than jokes who never goes to games? Does every club have one?

It is Britton - they didn't even have a replacement lined up. Sunderland MKII
    Fair play thats funny

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What amazes me is the way that clubs rush to employ managers who are only available because they have failed somewhere else.
    At least that wasn't the case at City.
    spot on, on both points mate
    it really is like a merry go round