+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clement gone from Swansea Town.

Re: Clement gone from Swansea Town.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    actually dont see the point in the sacking... inevitable but whats the point sacking a a manger this point in the season, whats a new recruit going to do
    'Magically' save them supposedly.
    However, as we have all seen over the years, sometimes such a move pays off, sometimes it doesn't.

Damian Green resigned as Deputy PM within an hour of Clement's sacking.

Linked?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Clement is another victim of the stupidity of modern football , the jacks are far from relegation certainties and the jacks I know who have supported them in the dark days won't blame him for being bottom of the league

It's the new fans who have come along expecting Swansea to be up there with the best who will lap these decision up like lemmings , only to turn on the next manager once he loses a few games

Modern football is crap
    First Agutter now this, I agree with you once again. Wise words

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    First Agutter now this, I agree with you once again. Wise words
    I am a visionary, almost god like

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    I always thought this was the best time to get a new manager in, just before they can strengthen in jan transfer window.

Got a horrible feeling this will keep them up, especially if they go for Pulis.
    Nah. They haven't got the quality to stay up unless they spend lots in January.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I think Baz Sh1tter is bang on the money, Pulis plays fairly defensive football, hard to beat etc - best option for them, still dont think they'll stay up though
    That's what Clement did. 10 men behind the ball, hope not to concede and pinch one at the other end. It worked for them last season when Sigurdsson and Llorente were so influential at the other end, but the dosey feckers sold those, replaced them with dross and so the tactic that served them so well doesn't work.

Let's not forget Pulis' record at West Brom prior to being sacked. If he kept them up it would be a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Nah. They haven't got the quality to stay up unless they spend lots in January.
    I agree with you they are in big trouble.Even Neil could not save them

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I agree with you they are in big trouble.Even Neil could not save them
    Looking at it from a logical perspective. Last season under Clement they won 29 points from the 19 games he was in charge. Over the course of a season that ratio would have seen them finish 8th. All that from a team void of confidence after the disastrous appointment of Bradley.

This season Swansea have a similar points tally after a similar number of games, mainly because of the disastrous activity in the transfer market (getting rid of their best two players, pocketing the millions and not replacing them). Now, if a manager who was just below the top 7 in terms of results last season has suddenly seen his team become the very worst in the Premier League, what does that say about the club in general? Has Clement suddenly become a woeful manager? Of course not. They are reaping what they haven't sown.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Agent Slade in next please.
    Bob Bradley to make shock return.

Hopefully.

Anyone seen the messages on Wales online.
    Someone says they should try Trundle.
    😄😄

Quote Originally Posted by Penybont Blue View Post
    ����
    I'd love someone go there and revert back to the "Swansea" way. They'd be ripped apart every week :)

Are the yanks asset stripping the jacks
    There are 27 people involved in the consortium that owns them,Thats odd.
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-city-14053437

Their board is making for good reading.

They are too good for Pulis

Quote Originally Posted by Penybont Blue View Post
    ����
    Oh yes please I would love to see Fatty take them down, can they they get Hartson in to assist him aswell ? ? ?

The "Swansea Brazilian way" is surely gone ?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...hton-james/#14

Leighton only slurs because of his stroke

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...hton-james/#14

Leighton only slurs because of his stroke
    Nothing to do with drink then

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Nothing to do with drink then
    Only originally.....

"Now the 'Swansea Way' is to announce a departure in December to make way for a New Year miracle worker."

Re: Agent Clements Sacked

I think Rob Phillips is taking the piss in his write up on the BBC website too!

"The so-called 'Swansea Way' - which disappeared when Michael Laudrup was shown the door - used to be about an attractive and successful brand of passing and movement.

Now the 'Swansea Way' is to announce a departure in December to make way for a New Year miracle worker."

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    "Now the 'Swansea Way' is to announce a departure in December to make way for a New Year miracle worker."

Good old Rob Phillips!! Sorry, didn't read that you had posted the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Good old Rob Phillips!! Sorry, didn't read that you had posted the same.
    Rob Phillips is so right in what he says - lots of neutrals would have wanted Swansea to stay up if they were in this position a few years ago, now I suspect they couldn't be bothered one way or another.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42434708

As for Pulis, it strikes me that there are not many of his type of players at the club currently - I could see him being very busy in the transfer market next month if he went there and that would take money Jenkins and the Americans have not been willing to spend in the past,

Another manifestation of the weakness in the British game in that fans do not have a stake in the ownership of clubs (as is the case in Germany) and that all clubs are at the mercy of wealthy investors, many of whom are not indigenous and who use clubs as investments/franchises/vehicles for ego trips and who are clueless about the game and its traditions. We should beware before we gloat.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Another manifestation of the weakness in the British game in that fans do not have a stake in the ownership of clubs (as is the case in Germany) and that all clubs are at the mercy of wealthy investors, many of whom are not indigenous and who use clubs as investments/franchises/vehicles for ego trips and who are clueless about the game. We should beware before we gloat.....
    You’re absolutely right,TBG,and Swansea fans would have benefitted from this advice around the time Tan changed our shirt colour.

Another odd thing is the timing of this. Their last 3 games have seen a win over relegation rivals and suffered expected defeats to Man City and Everton. In terms of results, nothing has happened over the last few games that has been any worse than what has gone before - by all accounts the first half at Everton was decent. If Clement was to be sacked, why not earlier?

I can only presume powers at be want the bounce effect for the Palace game or it's a smokescreen for something else.