+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff or Bristol

Cardiff or Bristol

Wonder which City has more plastic Man U fans?

Re: Cardiff or Bristol

Most cities and towns south of Birmingham are riddled with fakes. I’d say this side of the bridge has more pretend liverpool fans than Man Utd.

South Wales is infested with Welsh people who support English football teams like Liverpool , man united , Chelsea , arsenal etc

We will never be a big club and it's because of people like this

Proud nation my fecking arse

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    South Wales is infested with Welsh people who support English football teams like Liverpool , man united , Chelsea , arsenal etc

But when the eggers play England it’s “let’s do ‘em boys” “So long as we beat the English”

Then go back supporting Man Utd, Liverpool etc the following week.

I agree sludge, it’s a disgrace. When I have the mis fortune to see these fans watching “their” team in a pub I feel embarrassed for them.

Cardiff and Bristol will be full of people who do all sorts of other f*cking ridiculous embarrassing things.
    People are not all rational, nor even all likable ;)

Cardiff supporters are doing the right thing, as are Swans fans also TBF.

We are not big enough, nor 'Premiership stalwarts' enough to attract a similar diaspora of plastics.

Wales is full of utter idiots like this , from north to south from east to west

No wonder the Scottish parliament was given more powers than the welsh assembly , we are a nation of clowns

Wales is full of utter idiots like this , from north to south from east to west

No wonder the Scottish parliament was given more powers than the welsh assembly , we are a nation of clowns

Many people - weak, unimaginative people mostly - feel a need to associate themselves with potential glory, or close to, above all else.
    Maybe unfair to call them 'clowns' but they sure as hell deserve pity and ridicule.
    Sadly, there is enough of them that they will not care.

I tend to just look the other way.

People like watching successful teams in the top division. If we spent a decade or more in the top flight we'd get significantly more support.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    People like watching successful teams in the top division. If we spent a decade or more in the top flight we'd get significantly more support.
    And the irony is , they would end up getting called 'plastic / glory hunters'. By many of the long-term fans of our own team.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    My son isnt Sludge, he only has 1 team and that's us, from age 5 he saw us in the Premier League games, plays football for a local team, and goes to every game and loves it, especially since Warnock, bed stories used to be of ex cardiff games, beating Real Madrid, beating Man city, Buchanan's goal, FA cup etc, all his mates in school are the same. He understands you stick with your team, he understands you help your mates on and off the pitch - character building stuff.

Eric - you are right - 10 years in the PL and we would have lots more regulars.
    I didnt think he was?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    And the irony is , they would end up getting called 'plastic / glory hunters'. By many of the long-term fans of our own team.
    Well, if they only starting going regularly due to us being successful, yeah they are plastics / glory hunters...

I love the fact that being a Welsh club is a big part of the Cardiff identity however "being welsh means you need to support a welsh club" is a load of rubbish. There are international matches for a reason...Say a lad from Japan comes to a few matches when he's at Uni here and decides to support Cardiff when he gets home, are you going to give him the boot?

I'm not defending glory hunters or people who support big clubs and have no connections with them (completely different thing and very obnoxious) but what club you are "meant" to support should have nothing to do with the country you are from. If Welsh People are only meant to like Welsh things from Wales then it's pretty ironic supporting a club playing in the english league system.

Quote Originally Posted by ct_ccfc View Post
    I love the fact that being a Welsh club is a big part of the Cardiff identity however "being welsh means you need to support a welsh club" is a load of rubbish. There are international matches for a reason...Say a lad from Japan comes to a few matches when he's at Uni here and decides to support Cardiff when he gets home, are you going to give him the boot?

I'm not defending glory hunters or people who support big clubs and have no connections with them (completely different thing and very obnoxious) but what club you are "meant" to support should have nothing to do with the country you are from. If Welsh People are only meant to like Welsh things from Wales then it's pretty ironic supporting a club playing in the english league system.
    How would that Japanese lad get the boot, he'd not be at Cardiff games...

The point is people suddenly becoming fans when we're successful. When a team needs help is when it's been at rock bottom - when we were, where were the extra 12k who now attend games?

We have a small base of core fans, a large number of fairweather fans. Should we drop down to Div 2, crowds will plummet. Same with most teams to be fair but even so...

Historical precedent is the reason we're in the Football League as well you know.

I think more Welsh football fans living in Cardiff area , turn out to watch the Welsh football side rather than the City and i'm aware over the last few years they gave up the City , to fund the Welsh dream

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think more Welsh football fans living in Cardiff area , turn out to watch the Welsh football side rather than the City and i'm aware over the last few years they gave up the City , to fund the Welsh dream
    This is only because Wales became relatively successful the last few years. I remember 2002 and 2006 World cups where "Welsh" people wanted England to do well. These were usually the same people who supported Man U, Liverpool etc.

These type of fans should be made to go to a match where they play Cardiff and see how there fans really talk about Welsh people. Wonder if they would still feel as part of the clubs they say they support then.

Fair share of Man U fans up here in Merthyr but nowhere near the amount of plastic scousers.

Its a shame because I enjoy watching the way Liverpool play with their all out attack, and Klopp is infectious too, but their fans are so f*cking deluded its unbelievable.

One of the young lads in the office, about 21/22, 2nd gen Liverpool fan because his father supports them, is chuffed to bits this morning. He was "buzzing" with the Wurzel result last night. The fact Liverpool were already knocked out of the league cup seems to have escaped him.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Well, if they only starting going regularly due to us being successful, yeah they are plastics / glory hunters...
    So we should stick with fairly small crowds and put newcomers off ?

These type of fans should be made to go to a match where they play Cardiff and see how there fans really talk about Welsh people. Wonder if they would still feel as part of the clubs they say they support then.[/QUOTE]

Forgive me if I am wrong but was Liverpool nothing special in the 60's?
    If we had 50 years in the 1st Div/Prem since then we would have a few plastic fans as well

It's not really ironic though is it?

Cardiff and Bristol will be full of people who do all sorts of other f*cking ridiculous embarrassing things.
    People are not all rational, nor even all likable ;)

Cardiff supporters are doing the right thing, as are Swans fans also TBF.

We are not big enough, nor 'Premiership stalwarts' enough to attract a similar diaspora of plastics.
    When we were in the “Prem” there were quite a few Cardiff plastics filling the stadium .We are second top of the Championship and still they turn their noses up at the thought of watching Cardiff.

I am sure Bristol loved filling their stadium last night, as someone on here tried to explain to Jursset, the majority of the extra are customers , not supporters. When the roller coaster slows dow, they will be off looking for new entertainment.

So the answer is , we need the plastics to warm the empty seats .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    When we were in the “Prem” there were quite a few Cardiff plastics filling the stadium .We are second top of the Championship and still they turn their noses up at the thought of watching Cardiff.

I am sure Bristol loved filling their stadium last night, as someone on here tried to explain to Jursset, the majority of the extra are customers , not supporters. When the roller coaster slows dow, they will be off looking for new entertainment.

So the answer is , we need the plastics to warm the empty seats .
    We all have our own opinions and interpretations on this subject.
    I wouldn’t call fans who turn up at their own ground only when the going is good, as plastics. I’d call them fair weather fans.
    To me, the term plastic, should be used for people who support teams from towns or cities that they don’t have any affiliation with what so ever. Whether they do it from their armchair, or from their local pub.
    Just as a matter of fact Jimmy. Serious question. If ever Glasgow Rangers played the City in a competitive game ( would obviously have to be a European tie), hand on heart, who would you want to get through?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    We all have our own opinions and interpretations on this subject.
    I wouldn’t call fans who turn up at their own ground only when the going is good, as plastics. I’d call them fair weather fans.
    To me, the term plastic, should be used for people who support teams from towns or cities that they don’t have any affiliation with what so ever. Whether they do it from their armchair, or from their local pub.
    Just as a matter of fact Jimmy. Serious question. If ever Glasgow Rangers played the City in a competitive game ( would obviously have to be a European tie), hand on heart, who would you want to get through?
    Bump for Jimmy the Jock. Really interested in your answer.

I'm wondering if plastic fans were around before the creation of the Premier League.

I have contacts and association in both cities from that experience , its appears worse in Cardiff . Shame on them .

I think it's worse in Newport (with its mass of Leeds and Liverpool fans ) Swansea seems big on man u .

I keep pointing out to a number of them who spend more on sky subscritions and high
    end viewing equipement than we do on a season ticket , that footballers in real life are taller than 20 inches .

Football fans they ain't, most couldn't kick a ball in anger ,get of the sofa , or allowed out of the house by their masterful ""rolling pin "" wives .