+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am i the only one who isnt happy with the wurzles winning ? ? ?

Am i the only one who isnt happy with the wurzles winning ? ? ?

Got to be honest, Not overly happy

They hate us more than they hate the Gas

so excuse me for not joining in with happiness for them.

Re: Am i the only one who isnt happy with the wurzles winning ? ? ?

No you’re not. Some of the fawning on here is sickening.

Better for us if they lost, they will be walking on air now

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Got to be honest, Not overly happy

They hate us more than they hate the Gas

so excuse me for not joining in with happiness for them.
    All this 'They hate us' stuff is pretty puerile really. I have several friends and colleagues (as well as my next door neighbour) who are mature enough not to 'hate' fans of rival teams. No doubt someone on the Bristol City message board is making similar disparaging remarks that stereotype someone such as me, who doesn't 'hate' any opposition fans either. The haters have more in common with each other than with their fellow fans who are not so idiotic as to harbour any hate towards anyone.

Feck the smelly, inbred kents.
    I wish they’d lose every game 5-0.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No you’re not. Some of the fawning on here is sickening.
    It isn't fawning though is it? They played really well and best man united, they deserve credit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    All this 'They hate us' stuff is pretty puerile really. I have several friends and colleagues (as well as my next door neighbour) who are mature enough not to 'hate' fans of rival teams. No doubt someone on the Bristol City message board is making similar disparaging remarks that stereotype someone such as me, who doesn't 'hate' any opposition fans either. The haters have more in common with each other than with their fellow fans who are not so idiotic as to harbour any hate towards anyone.
    Grown men properly hating each other for supporting a different football team is a bit crazy isn't it. I'm all for wanting them to lose and taking the piss but I don't genuinely hate anyone for supporting a different team.

Living where i do ( just outside Bath ) i know a fair few Bristol city fans, i might know a dozen of them, i bet 1/2 of them really do hate cardiff, they took great delight when we were going through out issues with Vinnie, our result is always the first they look for, even before the rovers result, they want us to lose any game

It's quite simple, look at the big picture.

The year we lost to Liverpool at Wembley, we were out on our feet in the playoffs. Completely spent.

With the greatest respect to holders Man U, they are no Man City.
    The damage the wurzels will endure in the semi will mean the play-offs at best for Jurssett and his carrot crunchers.

Wolves still going up.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Living where i do ( just outside Bath ) i know a fair few Bristol city fans, i might know a dozen of them, i bet 1/2 of them really do hate cardiff, they took great delight when we were going through out issues with Vinnie, our result is always the first they look for, even before the rovers result, they want us to lose any game
    Like I said, those who hate are pretty immature.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It isn't fawning though is it? They played really well and best man united, they deserve credit for it.
    Snowflake

"Idiotic" "hate''

What a charmer.

Whilst I wanted them to go through a gruelling, punishing extra time, I hadn't considered them winning tonight but now I have, it's by far the best outcome for us.

I'd hate to have to be thinking about those extra games and all the fanfare / media attention, when the real prize is promotion.

And if they start crowing about a League Cup semi, well they can maybe come back to us when they've narrowly lost in the final on pelanties

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Whilst I wanted them to go through a gruelling, punishing extra time, I hadn't considered them winning tonight but now I have, it's by far the best outcome for us.

I'd hate to have to be thinking about those extra games and all the fanfare / media attention, when the real prize is promotion.

And if they start crowing about a League Cup semi, well they can maybe come back to us when they've narrowly lost in the final on pelanties

We lost 3 out of 4 leading up the Carling Cup Final having lost 1 of our previous 16. We also lost the game following it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    We lost 3 out of 4 leading up the Carling Cup Final having lost 1 of our previous 16. We also lost the game following it.
    Exactly. And another point I hadn't considered was the TIT's comment above about a few of their players now having their heads turned by bigger clubs the likes of Leicester / Burnley / Huddersfield / Jacks for a guaranteed shot at the Prem...

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Snowflake
    Lonley simpleton

Before the game I talked with the some of the Villa fans I work with and we were all of the same opinion, that the best result for City & Villa would be a Wurzel win, giving them more games & more distractions, hopefully with the same effect it had on us (as mentioned elsewhere in this thread).

I suppose the silver lining is that it gives them distractions and more games but it doesn't mean I'm pleased about it. I'd have much rather a sickening extra time defeat.

International

I agree. Their winning will put more preasue on them and more games which will hopefully affect their league performances. I hope they do well in the FA Cuo too.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Lonley simpleton
    You might want to learn to spell before calling out someone for being simple, Lily

Our league cup run was massively distracting to our league campaign the season we got to the final, hopefully Bristol start to drop away in the league.
    A pity really they've got man city next, as that'll be over after the first leg

Nothing wrong with a bit of rivalry and , yes , hate to spice up football.

TBG you can stick your peace and love attitude where the sun don't shine.

Merry Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Our league cup run was massively distracting to our league campaign the season we got to the final, hopefully Bristol start to drop away in the league.
    A pity really they've got man city next, as that'll be over after the first leg
    This is how Im looking at it. Disappointed they won, but looking on a positive slant hopefully with 9 games in the next 4/5 weeks they'll be knackered.

They have to play Wolves at home and Villa and Derby away, plus 3 premier league teams in that spell as well. I'm not sure how big their squad is so with a bit of luck they'll be spread thin. I also hope Man City play a fairly strong team in both games and make them run their arses of for 180 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    This is how Im looking at it. Disappointed they won, but looking on a positive slant hopefully with 9 games in the next 4/5 weeks they'll be knackered.

They have to play Wolves at home and Villa and Derby away, plus 3 premier league teams in that spell as well. I'm not sure how big their squad is so with a bit of luck they'll be spread thin. I also hope Man City play a fairly strong team in both games and make them run their arses of for 180 minutes.
    Our carling cup run year didn't we slip to 7th?