+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things you saw advertised on telly as a kid and nagged your parents to buy you only to.........

Re: Things you saw advertised on telly as a kid and nagged your parents to buy you only to.........

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Johnny Severn gun for Xmas , never got it, too poor.

This is exactly what I always wanted, but for the same reasons never got one. There was a red remote controlled(by cable) car that was also advertised a lot at that time, couldn't have that either.

Re: Things you saw advertised on telly as a kid and nagged your parents to buy you only to.........

Just about every album I got for Christmas as a kid - back then there's be one or two decent singles & the rest filler. I never learned.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    This is exactly what I always wanted, but for the same reasons never got one. There was a red remote controlled(by cable) car that was also advertised a lot at that time, couldn't have that either.
    I had a remote control car (by cable) but they only ever went straight forward or reversed to the left. The wheels got clogged up with carpet fluff by lunchtime and the batteries went by tea time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Wanted an Action Man but ended up with a cheap copy. Just wasn't the same.
    I was though the first kid to have a digital watch with a calculator on it.
    I wanted an action Man as well. On the big day I opened the wrapping and saw the Action Man box and was made up. I opened the box and it was empty, my ol man said it was an Action Man Deserter!!

My auntie used to knit my action man clothes.
    I wanted the SAS kit but ended up with a striped polo neck jumper for him, it was never the same.
    Also wanted Tin Can Alley but never got it.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Vesta curries. Klackers.

Ah, klackers!

I remember when the klacker craze broke out. They had a composite similar to a billiard ball and would make a distinctive sound when used. However, it wasn't long before photos appeared in the Echo of kids who had injured themselves playing with them. So, when I finally got given a pair of klackers, they were some kind of safety compromise and made of a hard plastic, rather than that billiard ball type ... needless to say, they were crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Ah, klackers!

I remember when the klacker craze broke out. They had a composite similar to a billiard ball and would make a distinctive sound when used. However, it wasn't long before photos appeared in the Echo of kids who had injured themselves playing with them. So, when I finally got given a pair of klackers, they were some kind of safety compromise and made of a hard plastic, rather than that billiard ball type ... needless to say, they were crap!
    More sprained wrists than Sludge lol!

Thinking back then gosh folk didnt have much money , our street hardly saw a car ,not everyone had a television, holidays were non existent, tomotao sauce sarnies,jumpers for goalposts,no heating ,washing from boiled kettles, the new age poverty does look a bit different .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Thinking back then gosh folk didnt have much money , our street hardly saw a car ,not everyone had a television, holidays were non existent, tomotao sauce sarnies,jumpers for goalposts,no heating ,washing from boiled kettles, the new age poverty does look a bit different .
    Totally agree!