+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Debunked Uranium One scandal to be re-examined

Debunked Uranium One scandal to be re-examined

On the orders of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Justice Department prosecutors have begun asking FBI agents to explain the evidence they found in a now dormant criminal investigation into a controversial uranium deal that critics have linked to Bill and Hillary Clinton, multiple law enforcement officials told NBC News.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...e-deal-n831436

Re: Debunked Uranium One scandal to be re-examined

Claim: Sec. of State Hillary Clinton's approval of a deal to transfer control of 20% of U.S. uranium deposits to a Russian company was a quid pro quo exchange for donations to the Clinton Foundation.

Rating: FALSE

https://www.snopes.com/hillary-clint...m-russia-deal/

I'm confused who are the bad and good ones in the USA ,I thought the Trump was the one to worry about , among his rants are there some half truths , I do remember him saying something about “draining the swamp” . Love or hate him he ain't part of the politician elite

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm confused who are the bad and good ones in the USA ,I thought the Trump was the one to worry about , among his rants are there some half truths , I do remember him saying something about “draining the swamp” . Love or hate him he ain't part of the politician elite
    The swamp is now inhabited by different monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The swamp is now inhabited by different monsters.
    Allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Allegedly
    Is Tomlin and Bryson too blame ??

Uranium One informant makes Clinton allegations to Congress

"An FBI informant connected to the Uranium One controversy told three congressional committees in a written statement that Moscow routed millions of dollars to America with the expectation it would be used to benefit Bill Clinton's charitable efforts while Secretary of State Hillary Clinton quarterbacked a “reset” in U.S.-Russian relations.

The informant, Douglas Campbell, said in the statement obtained by The Hill that he was told by Russian nuclear executives that Moscow had hired the American lobbying firm APCO Worldwide specifically because it was in position to influence the Obama administration, and more specifically Hillary Clinton."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...s-in-testimony

Uranium One informant makes Clinton allegations to Congress

"An FBI informant connected to the Uranium One controversy told three congressional committees in a written statement that Moscow routed millions of dollars to America with the expectation it would be used to benefit Bill Clinton's charitable efforts while Secretary of State Hillary Clinton quarterbacked a “reset” in U.S.-Russian relations.

The informant, Douglas Campbell, said in the statement obtained by The Hill that he was told by Russian nuclear executives that Moscow had hired the American lobbying firm APCO Worldwide specifically because it was in position to influence the Obama administration, and more specifically Hillary Clinton."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...s-in-testimony
    In addition to his written statement, Campbell on Wednesday was interviewed for several hours behind closed doors by staff from both parties on the Senate Judiciary, the House Intelligence and the House Oversight and Government Reform committees.

Democrats have asked that a transcript of the interview be released to the public, but a court reporter was not present for the interview and Campbell was not sworn in.

Given this is another BOMBSHELL about to go off, any theory on why the Republican committee with the usual suspects managing this latest charade didn't want this vital testimony available for public consumption?

Trump as president is rather different to Trump the candidate. As the latter he claimed the US unemployment rate is 15% higher than official figures suggest, but since gaining office is content to go along with the fraud. Another example is he said on day one of his presidency he'd declare China is a currency manipulator. He lied.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    In addition to his written statement, Campbell on Wednesday was interviewed for several hours behind closed doors by staff from both parties on the Senate Judiciary, the House Intelligence and the House Oversight and Government Reform committees.

Democrats have asked that a transcript of the interview be released to the public, but a court reporter was not present for the interview and Campbell was not sworn in.

Given this is another BOMBSHELL about to go off, any theory on why the Republican committee with the usual suspects managing this latest charade didn't want this vital testimony available for public consumption?
    You are probably aware that what we are now witnessing is a carefully laid out strategy that has been prepared with military provision. I am assuming they just wanted to hear the FBI informant's testimony and take possession of any associated documents and tape recordings without all and sundry knowing what they have got. Even the reporting is low key and not giving much away, since we already knew that the Russians gave the Clinton Foundation $135 million dollars.

You are probably aware that what we are now witnessing is a carefully laid out strategy that has been prepared with military provision. I am assuming they just wanted to hear the FBI informant's testimony and take possession of any associated documents and tape recordings without all and sundry knowing what they have got. Even the reporting is low key and not giving much away, since we already knew that the Russians gave the Clinton Foundation $135 million dollars.
    It could also be that the Justice Department thought the guy was unreliable and on 15th December 2016 they testified to the same committees that as an informant the guy never mentioned Hilary Clinton, so having this on transcript might have this one land with the same dull thud as the Nunes memo I suppose.

I probably missed it but could you post something backing up your assertion that "we already know that the Russians gave the Clinton Foundation $135m dollars?

It could also be that the Justice Department thought the guy was unreliable and on 15th December 2016 they testified to the same committees that as an informant the guy never mentioned Hilary Clinton, so having this on transcript might have this one land with the same dull thud as the Nunes memo I suppose.

I probably missed it but could you post something backing up your assertion that "we already know that the Russians gave the Clinton Foundation $135m dollars?
    What's wrong with Nunes memo? It has set up the rest of the game brilliantly.

What's wrong with Nunes memo? It has set up the rest of the game brilliantly.
    Still waiting for the $135 m link that we already know apparently

Still waiting for the $135 m link that we already know apparently
    I guess you will have to wait for the court case then

I guess you will have to wait for the court case then
    If we know it already as you state why wait? There are enough people out there making stuff up without you joining in.

I have seen a figure of $145m bandied around of donations from people linked to the Uranium One company. Of that $131m came from a Frank Guistra, the company’s Canadian founder who sold the company in 2007, three years before the Russia deal and at least 18 months before Clinton became secretary of state. Of the rest only one person another Canadian called Ian Telfer donated during the time frame that the deal was taking place. He donated $2.3m over four years. To the charitable foundation of course not the Clintons.

Just need to find the $135m and the Russians who donated it now and we will have all we need to back up your statement!

If we know it already as you state why wait? There are enough people out there making stuff up without you joining in.

I have seen a figure of $145m bandied around of donations from people linked to the Uranium One company. Of that $131m came from a Frank Guistra, the company’s Canadian founder who sold the company in 2007, three years before the Russia deal and at least 18 months before Clinton became secretary of state. Of the rest only one person another Canadian called Ian Telfer donated during the time frame that the deal was taking place. He donated $2.3m over four years. To the charitable foundation of course not the Clintons.

Just need to find the $135m and the Russians who donated it now and we will have all we need to back up your statement!
    Ah Frank Guistra, we will be hearing a bit more about him too ..

Ah Frank Guistra, we will be hearing a bit more about him too ..
    What's the latest? Any progress

What's the latest? Any progress
    Plenty mate, Jeff Sessions has got a team of DOJ prosecuters working behind the scenes. (No, I didn't know it either!)

Plenty mate, Jeff Sessions has got a team of DOJ prosecuters working behind the scenes. (No, I didn't know it either!)
    You mean that Sessions has rebuffed Grassely and Gowdy's demand for a Special Councel because he says he has a DoJ investigator (you have to have something to prosecute to be a prosecutor) working on any issues with the DoJ/FBI that the bombshell OIG report (from the IG that Trump recently bad-mouthed) might not explode.

Meanwhile elsewhere in la-la land the bigger than Watergate, quid and quo, Uranium one whistleblower lost his pea when it came to his senate and congressional appearance.

So Uranium One heading towards the same destination of the other fantasies you pump out. Has a horse you have backed ever reached the finishing line, let alone the Winning Post?

You mean that Sessions has rebuffed Grassely and Gowdy's demand for a Special Councel because he says he has a DoJ investigator (you have to have something to prosecute to be a prosecutor) working on any issues with the DoJ/FBI that the bombshell OIG report (from the IG that Trump recently bad-mouthed) might not explode.

Meanwhile elsewhere in la-la land the bigger than Watergate, quid and quo, Uranium one whistleblower lost his pea when it came to his senate and congressional appearance.

So Uranium One heading towards the same destination of the other fantasies you pump out. Has a horse you have backed ever reached the finishing line, let alone the Winning Post?
    *Bookmarked

I'm glad his Trumpness is policing the world with aggression and draining that swamp.

I'm glad his Trumpness is policing the world with aggression and draining that swamp.
    If you have any examples of Trump's great swamp draining successes this is certainly the place to share them!!

If you have any examples of Trump's great swamp draining successes this is certainly the place to share them!!
    Jared Kushner is sorting things out.........😂😂

For starters 10 senior people in the DOJ & FBI are no longer running amok trying to subvert American democracy.