+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question for City Fans Outside Of Cardiff

A question for City Fans Outside Of Cardiff

Has Support for the Jacks gone up in your area? I'm thinking the Rhondda, Cynon, and Rhymney Valleys, as well as Merthyr, Aderdare , Bridgend etc. I know that we had some decent support in Neath and Port Talbot, bet it's been a fecking battle since the Jacks went up.

Re: A question for City Fans Outside Of Cardiff

No real jack presence in deepest Rhondda Fach. I know the odd one here and there (and a few over in Ebbw Vale/Tredegar) but nothing much to speak of. Far more following other Prem teams - usual story

Can't remember ever seeing anyone in a Jacks shirt in Barry. As others have said you see a fair few prem teams shirts about.... and thankfully a few Barry Town United ones as well.

One in Llantrisant, a few in Aberdare.

On all of my sorties to Tonypandy (Rhondda), Aberdare and Merthyr I've never clapped eyes on a Swansea shirt or scarf. Seen many in Bridgend though. I hear that the Jacks in Aberdare are and have always been small in number and weaselly in character. There's a rough pub in Tonypandy called the Pandy Inn which is a Cardiff stronghold. It would be a brave Jack indeed who would walk through its entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    On all of my sorties to Tonypandy (Rhondda), Aberdare and Merthyr I've never clapped eyes on a Swansea shirt or scarf. Seen many in Bridgend though. I hear that the Jacks in Aberdare are and have always been small in number and weaselly in character. There's a rough pub in Tonypandy called the Pandy Inn which is a Cardiff stronghold. It would be a brave Jack indeed who would walk through its entrance.
    for your last sentence (I don't know how to highlight it)
    Last edited by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS; 22-12-17 at 00:46. Reason: din type probobly

Few and far between around Aberbargoed, Bargoed, Deri, Brithdir, Tir-Phil, New Tredegar.

Loads of plastic Scousers/Mancs.

Quote Originally Posted by length View Post
    Few and far between around Aberbargoed, Bargoed, Deri, Brithdir, Tir-Phil, New Tredegar.

Loads of plastic Scousers/Mancs.

is the silver band club still in TIR-PHIL mate ?

I remember years ago, going to Hirwaun to buy a car off a local. I couldn't believe the amount of Cardiff City graffiti that seemed to be everywhere! Nowhere in Cardiff had I ever seen such seemingly loyal displays towards the Bluebirds.

I stopped off in Aberdare on the way back and had a quick pint. The rather scruffy looking urchin who served me had SCFC tattooed on his hand.

Aberdare has a small following of Swansea left over from the toshack days , as has Bridgend but both towns are Cardiff city strongholds

There is one Swansea dominated pub in Bridgend , at the bottom of green Street on the way to the princess of Wales hospital

Swansea are in the premier league , have been for several years yet between porthcawl , Bridgend and Pencoed they run one bus , that says it all

Maesteg supporters club run buses that have fans from Bryn etc , towns just over the hill from neath

It really pisses them off but west Glamorgan has always had a following of Cardiff city fans right on Swansea city's doorstep , some of the most loyal fans we have come from here and the south Wales valleys ,I just wish people in Cardiff would follow suit in greater numbers

The fact that you can leave the pubs in canton on match day to go the game and leave behind cardiffians glued to the premiership big boys on sky says it all

It's a fecking disgrace really , no other word for it

Plymouth is nowhere near the size of Cardiff and doesn't have the large population Cardiff has on its doorstep yet get very good crowds home and away and Pompey ?.......well their support is superb

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Aberdare has a small following of Swansea left over from the toshack days , as has Bridgend but both towns are Cardiff city strongholds

There is one Swansea dominated pub in Bridgend , at the bottom of green Street on the way to the princess of Wales hospital

Swansea are in the premier league , have been for several years yet between porthcawl , Bridgend and Pencoed they run one bus , that says it all

Maesteg supporters club run buses that have fans from Bryn etc , towns just over the hill from neath

It really pisses them off but west Glamorgan has always had a following of Cardiff city fans right on Swansea city's doorstep , some of the most loyal fans we have come from here and the south Wales valleys ,I just wish people in Cardiff would follow suit in greater numbers

The fact that you can leave the pubs in canton on match day to go the game and leave behind cardiffians glued to the premiership big boys on sky says it all

It's a fecking disgrace really , no other word for it

Plymouth is nowhere near the size of Cardiff and doesn't have the large population Cardiff has on its doorstep yet get very good crowds home and away and Pompey ?.......well their support is superb
    This is all true, but Plymouth does have a large catchment area in all of Cornwall and a large part of Devon

They also have large and very active Exiles supporters clubs who give a big boost to their away support.

Mind you, there are still a high % of plastics down there too

I see quite a few people wearing Jack merchandise in Aberdare but they're in the minority, especially as you head down the valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    This is all true, but Plymouth does have a large catchment area in all of Cornwall and a large part of Devon

They also have large and very active Exiles supporters clubs who give a big boost to their away support.

Mind you, there are still a high % of plastics down there too
    You’ll see plenty of Liverpool shirts around Plymouth. Coach loads leave Devon and Cornwall for premier league grounds every week. It’s just as bad as a South Wales.

I think there probably are more Swansea 'fans' in the Rhondda now compares to 10 years ago.

A few years back when their success was at it's peak I used to see as many Swansea shirts as Cardiff (probably more) this was usually down to kids wearing the shirts cos they saw the players week in week out.

These days you only see Swansea clothing cos they run a few training centres in Cambrian etc and kids wear the gear they've bought for that.

I think we've been lucky in the sense that their stadium wasn't big enough to accommodate more than 18k home fans or it could have been worse.

North Wiltshire seems to be a jack free zone for the five years I've been here.

There always seems to be one in Tesco llantrisant(no not the same ****) they've definitely popped up a bit since promotion but by next season these feckers will be back in their Scouse/manc tops

Never seen any of the great unwashed in Macclesfield. Saying that I hardly see any Macc Town shirts either. United and city by the dozens though.

I have got a lot of time for fans of clubs like bury , Rochdale , Stockport county , Walsall , Halifax , Leyton Orient etc .......all on the doorstep of big clubs like man united , Leeds , the London clubs etc yet all stick by their team

Real football supporters

Never seen or heard of any JB's in Barry. Not that were born as raised in Barry anyway. Plenty of Man U/Liverpool though. Saw a bloke up the Park last August on his own, watching Man U on Sunday afternoon and wearing a Man U shirt. It seems every week there's Welsh accent on 606 calling in about "we" this and "we" that regarding Liverpool or Man U. The ones I really don't understand though are the Londoners. It's not like there's a scarcity of big, successful clubs nearby.

I always enjoy meeting someone who supports their own, no matter how terrible the team is. It shows character. Fans of teams like Brentford, Orient, Tranmere etc deserve respect.

Another question- are there more city fans outside of Cardiff than in Cardiff?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Never seen or heard of any JB's in Barry. Not that were born as raised in Barry anyway. Plenty of Man U/Liverpool though. Saw a bloke up the Park last August on his own, watching Man U on Sunday afternoon and wearing a Man U shirt. It seems every week there's Welsh accent on 606 calling in about "we" this and "we" that regarding Liverpool or Man U. The ones I really don't understand though are the Londoners. It's not like there's a scarcity of big, successful clubs nearby.

I always enjoy meeting someone who supports their own, no matter how terrible the team is. It shows character. Fans of teams like Brentford, Orient, Tranmere etc deserve respect.
    I remember the weekend of our play off win at the millennium talking to a couple from Lincoln , I am sure it was Lincoln , who were down to watch their team in the play offs

Real nice people , true football fans

When I was in college in Manchester the biggest arsehole in our halls of residence was a bloke from Lincoln who was a man united fan , the difference between him and this couple was huge

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Another question- are there more city fans outside of Cardiff than in Cardiff?
    Most of our season ticket holders come from Cardiff but we have a large proportion from the south Wales valleys , Bridgend , vale of Glamorgan and west Glamorgan

I have got a lot of time for fans of clubs like bury , Rochdale , Stockport county , Walsall , Halifax , Leyton Orient etc .......all on the doorstep of big clubs like man united , Leeds , the London clubs etc yet all stick by their team

Real football supporters
    I haven't seen Leyton Orient fans. Have a soft spot for em as they should be my local team (they would have been if West Ham didn't move to the Olympic Stadium). Shame as WHU are literally one tube stop away from the Os but in the Leyton area, they seem passionate about the team, like having businesses named after the club. I have met QPR fans but tbh most fans tend to be Man UTD, Arsenal and Chelsea

Most of our season ticket holders come from Cardiff but we have a large proportion from the south Wales valleys , Bridgend , vale of Glamorgan and west Glamorgan
    There was a survey done about 10-15 years ago and it showed 40% of City fans were from Cardiff County.
    I think over 20% were from RCT

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I have created a city support group of 8 here in BảRia Vung Tao
    I have them singing the sol bamba song in tune and repeat
    Never seen a jack shirt here or Ho Chi Minh City or even in south vietnam.
    If it’s a football shirt it’s Liverpool or manure