Thread: Love letters from Christians to Richard Dawkins

Love letters from Christians to Richard Dawkins

https://youtu.be/dbpoSwe2buU

The man's a god , if you will pardon the pun

Re: Love letters from Christians to Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Spent his life telling everyone who has a faith that they're wrong. Strange how people like him - and many others judging by recent posts on here - are obsessed with those that do have a faith....

The guy's an arrogant twonk

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The guy's an arrogant twonk
    I take it he’s hit a nerve? Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Spent his life telling everyone who has a faith that they're wrong. Strange how people like him - and many others judging by recent posts on here - are obsessed with those that do have a faith....
    He’s just trying to prepare the delicate wee souls, for when they pop their clogs and a lifelong dream of eternal marshmallow land disappears into dust. Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I take it he’s hit a nerve? Lol!
    Not really mate. I just hate is Mr Cool personna when he's a bit of a twat

He's done a bit more than that. His book 'The Selfish Gene' was recently voted the most inspiring science book of all time

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Top man.

Obsessed? No - I wouldn't say that.

The mate I attend City games with believes in one of the most popular Gods, when I asked him why he replied 'I just do'. It's difficult to argue with such powerful logic, but as he doesn't bother anyone, finds comfort in his blind faith, doesn't try and get me to believe in it, and has insurmountable health issues, I just leave him to it. However, on a global scale, I think religion causes more harm than good, and people such as Dawkings who use science and facts, to highlight the absurdity of it, have every right to.

I have seen loads of TV debates with Dawkins who uses facts and science in a reasoned way to challenge the notion of an all powerful god , of all faiths

The reaction he gets on these debates from people of faith and the emails he receives tells us everything about the blind faith of organised religion

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    The mate I attend City games with believes in one of the most popular Gods, when I asked him why he replied 'I just do'. It's difficult to argue with such powerful logic, but as he doesn't bother anyone, finds comfort in his blind faith, doesn't try and get me to believe in it, and has insurmountable health issues, I just leave him to it. However, on a global scale, I think religion causes more harm than good, and people such as Dawkings who use science and facts, to highlight the absurdity of it, have every right to.
    Money and religion are the root of all evil

Not really mate. I just hate is Mr Cool personna when he's a bit of a twat
    I would rather listen to him than a man of God preaching from a book and telling us the world was created ten thousand years ago

Blog Entries

Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    Except he isn't obsessed by it. He discussed many topics. Indeed, his Twitter feed has one reference to religion in the last few months.

People have a right to a freedom from religion, just as people have a right to believe in whatever they wish to believe.

Dawkins doesn't march up to places of worship and tell them why they are wrong. It often happens in a public debate with a question like Is God real?

Dawkins and Hitchens together were a debating dream team, even if the other team had god on their side.

Couldn't agree more.
    I am not obsessed , it's just religion is utter nonsense there is no proof whatsoever and Dawkins is a thorn in the side of organised faith

The reactions he and hitchings get when they dared to question the existence of God says everything about religion and how it affects people's reasoning

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Obsessed? No - I wouldn't say that.
    I'd say religion and the effects it has on the world is something worth obsessing about. Peace and earth and goodwill to all men is a great philosophy. It's a shame that religion is the biggest obstacle to achieving it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Dawkins and Hitchens together were a debating dream team, even if the other team had god on their side.
    What always made me laugh is after Dawkins had used facts the people of faith would always say ....but god said in the Bible etc etc !!

So that's that then , you simply can't reason with religious people

There is as much evidence for god as there is for pixies at the bottom of the garden

If people use faith to get them through life then that's up to them but it's vital we , in the year 2017 , are given the opposing , scientific , factual view

I was brought up a Catholic , by the time I was 12 I knew it was nonsense and football, music and women were far more interesting pastimes than being forced to go to mass every Sunday , it bored me to death

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd say religion and the effects it has on the world is something worth obsessing about. Peace and earth and goodwill to all men is a great philosophy. It's a shame that religion is the biggest obstacle to achieving it.
    Peace on earth and goodwill to all men then come January everyone is back to
    Giving each other a bloody good leathering

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Except he isn't obsessed by it. He discussed many topics. Indeed, his Twitter feed has one reference to religion in the last few months.

People have a right to a freedom from religion, just as people have a right to believe in whatever they wish to believe.

Dawkins doesn't march up to places of worship and tell them why they are wrong. It often happens in a public debate with a question like Is God real?
    Exactly, so why not leave them alone then? we would not allow any other group of people to be openly and constantly bashed by people on here, I imagine half of the people in this thread would complain if we did, if people are happily getting on with their lives doing no harm to anyone else then mind your own business imo.

I'm guessing none of you are doing anything special on Monday btw

Exactly, so why not leave them alone then? we would not allow any other group of people to be openly and constantly bashed by people on here, I imagine half of the people in this thread would complain if we did, if people are happily getting on with their lives doing no harm to anyone else then mind your own business imo.

But they are doing harm

The thousands of young Catholic women in Ireland forced into back street abortions ?

Simply because of fairy tales

In the words of the dead Kennedys

I wonder , yes I wonder .........will Elvis take the place of Jesus in 1000 years ?

Religious wars .......barbaric laws ...........bloodshed worldwide over what's left of his myth ?

We have thirty bishops in the unelected house of lords scrutinising our parliament !!

What the feck are they doing there ?

We may as well put thirty people who work in tescos in their place

The myth of religion is thankfully dying for most of us and we put our faith in facts and science , not silly books

Religion belongs in the dark ages , some of the stuff written and believed in the Bible and other holy books is barbaric , the views on sexuality extreme , the role of women just to create life etc , mutilation of the genitals of young Jewish boys and young Muslim girls, that's just Christianity , Judaism and Islam , the other organised religions are just as bad

And what's worrying is each believer seems to think their god or their book is the right one

I hope religion is put under the microscope till the earth explodes and human life is no more

As it's Christmas this atheist will forgo the pleasure of commenting about this particular flavour of indoctrination, gullibility, folklore and lack of evidence. God bless you all. (Although I hear you asking which of the thousands of gods am I referring to.....)

I agree. The same people that have a hissy about everything and anything are always the ones who pretty much promote bullying of Christians. Owen Jones is a prime example.

I agree. The same people that have a hissy about everything and anything are always the ones who pretty much promote bullying of Christians. Owen Jones is a prime example.
    Er......I think you will find Dawkins etc say all religion , Christianity , Judaism , Islam , and the rest are all bullshit

Dawkins certainly doesn't discriminate and here here

I have Catholic friends and Muslim friends , they know I think that their view of religion has the same effect on my view , it's nonsense and based on no evidence whatsoever

If you went to a doctor and he said you have cancer but we have drugs and treatment which are based on scientific evidence and may help you would you go for that or pray to a god ?

I know which route I would take