+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will The Footballing Sides Win Out??????????FFS!!!!!

Will The Footballing Sides Win Out??????????FFS!!!!!

Now on Sky. Think it was Andy Hinchcliffe. Wolves going up. Cardiff 2nd on merit but there are a lot of footballing sides in the play offs. Will the footballing sides win out or will Cardiff do it with their no nonsense approach playing to our strengths.

We get little credit. We got a lot of ability in our squad and thats why we are 2nd.

Re: Will The Footballing Sides Win Out??????????FFS!!!!!

Never got the term “footballing side”
    What do we play? Tennis?

Don't know why anyone is bothered by any of it

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Don't know why anyone is bothered by any of it
    I'd imagine it frustrates the players as they aren't getting the credit they deserve for how well they're playing, and they way they are being framed as thuggish rugby players by the terms used

Hopefully they use it to spur them on

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'd imagine it frustrates the players as they aren't getting the credit they deserve for how well they're playing, and they way they are being framed as thuggish rugby players by the terms used

Morrison has said exactly that.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...icism-13985183

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

I've seen them say things like they don't get credit, but I don't imagine they get too hung up on it. I don't really know, but I personally don't see it bothering them a lot.

Could probably use it to their advantage.

It does and it doesn't bother me it just pisses me off that we're portrait as some anti football side when we're not

Lazy journalism, no more - no less. We have never been a "fashionable" team. There are some sides who continually enjoy a reputation for tippy tappy football based on what is often myth that isnt borne out by current performances. It doesn't bother me. Im sure NW is using it to build a siege mentality. Let em think what they want, **** em. I've enjoyed this season more than any for many a year.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Lazy journalism, no more - no less. We have never been a "fashionable" team. There are some sides who continually enjoy a reputation for tippy tappy football based on what is often myth that isnt borne out by current performances. It doesn't bother me. Im sure NW is using it to build a siege mentality. Let em think what they want, **** em. I've enjoyed this season more than any for many a year.
    Shove it up their chuggers !!

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Quite right.
    Also whilst we’re not a fashionable team as it were then Warnock certainly isn’t a fashionable manager.
    The media see his name and automatically think of a dirty football team who kick lumps out of the opposition.
    It couldn’t be further from the truth.

We started the season off like an express train, now with all the injuries, we are more like "Thomas The Tank Engine".

We are still getting results, which is pi$$ing the media and our rivals off.

Lets hope when we get some bodies back, we can revert to type.

Still, look on the bright side, London as always hated us, but we've always survived

The Reading game summed the whole thing up. Who was the team who played the more watchable football that evening - Reading who, arguably, place more emphasis on ball retention than any other side in the Championship or us the bruising, in your face, long ball merchants? Sky ended up with a good game that night which kept you interested right up until the final whistle and, although the home side had their moments, it was us who were largely responsible for that.
    Andy Hinchcliffe, who I think is one of the better summarisers Sky use for their Football League coverage, said we "weren't pretty" that night and in doing so fell right into the trap of using preconceived opinions when watching us. Were Reading "pretty" when they played us? With apologies to Pearcey, as someone who has always preferred my team to play "proper" football, I'd get bored watching his team play every week because, at times, they seem to pass the ball without a purpose - I want our passing figures to be better, but I wouldn't want them to consistently be around the seventy per cent mark because I think that's counter effective even though, doubtless, we would get praise on Sky for our "footballing" approach.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I want our passing figures to be better, but I wouldn't want them to consistently be around the seventy per cent mark because I think that's counter effective even though, doubtless, we would get praise on Sky.
    4 of the current top 5 for % pass accuracy are 12th or below the table.

Bellamy was a pundit for the Reading game, he didn't do anything to dispel the myth. When asked the question about our 'style' he could have defended us but just smirked in silence for about five seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Quite right.
    Also whilst we’re not a fashionable team as it were then Warnock certainly isn’t a fashionable manager.
    The media see his name and automatically think of a dirty football team who kick lumps out of the opposition.
    It couldn’t be further from the truth.
    So the cynical time wasting that other managers have mentioned about 6 games in a row.
    The two footed challenge on Marlon Pack.
    Seeing Sol Bamba who has the close ball control of an antelope in central midfield at AG just throwing himself around in challenges instead of playing passing football?

None of that happens right?

When one person says it you can say it’s personal opinion, when 2 people say it you wonder if there’s a trend, when EVERYONE else says it, hate to tell you but it’s likely you.

Your low possession stats and your lowest ranking in completed passes backs it up.

You want to see exciting, passing football of good quality watch our game v Man Utd.
    There is a reason the media are going mad in praise for Johnson and Bristol City.
    It’s not just that we are winning. It’s how we are playing.
    You saw it yourselves this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    So the cynical time wasting that other managers have mentioned about 6 games in a row.
    Seeing Sol Bamba who has the close ball control of an antelope in central midfield at AG just throwing himself around in challenges instead of playing passing football?

When one person says it you can say it’s personal opinion, when 2 people say it you wonder if there’s a trend, when EVERYONE else says it, hate to tell you but it’s likely you.

Your low possession stats and your lowest ranking in completed passes backs it up.

You want to see exciting, passing football of good quality watch our game v Man Utd.
    There is a reason the media are going mad in praise for Johnson and Bristol City.
    Yeah, we're so filthy.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-...pline/fairplay

Low possession? Low completed passes ranking? ****ing second in the table, boy despite a lengthy injury list.

Suck on that, muppet.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Yeah, we're so filthy.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-...pline/fairplay

Low possession? Low completed passes ranking? ****ing second in the table, boy despite a lengthy injury list.

Suck on that, muppet.
    Like I said it’s not just me saying it is it?

It’s pretty much everyone says it about Warnock’s Cardiff.

At least admit it rather than put your hands over your ears and say everyone is wrong.

At least admit it rather than put your hands over your ears and say everyone is wrong.
    Nothing to admit - you're a filthier side than ours. In fact there are many filthier sides than ours based upon disciplinary record. The fact that doesn't get mentioned is clearly down to English racism.

Pack should have been sent off ages before the tackle on him

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Pack should have been sent off ages before the tackle on him
    Don't confuse him with facts.

You are the muggiest kent that has ever haunted this messageboard.
    A couple of defeats and we never see you, a couple of wins and you are all over the place.
    Do yourself a favour and start acting your age, you are a plum make no mistake about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Nothing to admit - you're a filthier side than ours. In fact there are many filthier sides than ours based upon disciplinary record. The fact that doesn't get mentioned is clearly down to English racism.
    It's approaching kick-off and Jursset's camped on a Cardiff message board again.

Still, Be a Friend at Christmas and all that

Don't pay any attention to this fool wait until they have a footballing lesson from citeh and he'll go mia for months

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Don't pay any attention to this fool wait until they have a footballing lesson from citeh and he'll go mia for months
    I can’t believe I had an infraction from MM for wishing this **** crashed in the snow the other week

So the cynical time wasting that other managers have mentioned about 6 games in a row. No they haven't. Mark Warburton did - but the other 5 are your sad little fantasy. It was excellent game management!
    The two footed challenge on Marlon Pack. Deserved red - but Pack should have been red carded 10 minutes earlier!
    Seeing Sol Bamba who has the close ball control of an antelope in central midfield at AG just throwing himself around in challenges instead of playing passing football? Are you talking about Sol Beckenbauer? You obviously have some difficulty describing the top defender in the Championship so far this season!

None of that happens right? Almost none of it, right!

When one person says it you can say it’s personal opinion, when 2 people say it you wonder if there’s a trend, when EVERYONE else says it, hate to tell you but it’s likely you. Everyone? Your infantile WUMing sank out of sight then.

Your low possession stats and your lowest ranking in completed passes backs it up. You don't understand football, do you?

I didn't watch the Bristol City - Manchester Utd cup game - other than the goals - but I heard your team (still your team?) played well. Congratulations to them. However, I enjoy watching Cardiff more this season than I have since.... the end of last season. Even down to the bare bones my team fights to the last, has guts and pace and power and skill. It is efficient and has found a way of playing that entertains the fans and produces results. That usually means a counter-attacking style based on low 40% possession and not too many safe tippy-tappy passes in our half. There are plenty of more relevant statistics that explain why we are above you in the league and happy with our club.

Trolling and wind ups only work if you connect with a pool of discontent in your target audience. You won't find that here.