+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Declan John signs three and a half year Rangers deal.

Declan John signs three and a half year Rangers deal.

Re: Declan John signs three and a half year Rangers deal.

Pleased for him.
    Playing regularly in a winning team, even in a 'lower' league has got to be better than stagnating, waiting for a short term chance.
    Hopefully his game will keep improving.

What kind of fee did we get for him?

Good for the boy and also hopefully Wales, non of our Managers since Malky and OGS seem to fancy him but I hope he proves them wrong. His contract was up in the summer so we probably only got a small development fee hopefully with a sell on clause?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    What kind of fee did we get for him?
    No mention of a fee in any of the 'reports' but one news story talked about Cardiff planning to bring Declan back in January before reconsidering and 'cashing in'..... whatever that means.

Rangers are broke aren't they? My guess is a nominal fee and confirmation that his wages are off the books.

Good luck to him, anyway. From the talk on Rangers fan posts and blogs there seems a good chance he will be used as a left winger not a full back once Wallace is back fit.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No mention of a fee in any of the 'reports' but one news story talked about Cardiff planning to bring Declan back in January before reconsidering and 'cashing in'..... whatever that means.

Rangers are broke aren't they? My guess is a nominal fee and confirmation that his wages are off the books.

Good luck to him, anyway. From the talk on Rangers fan posts and blogs there seems a good chance he will be used as a left winger not a full back once Wallace is back fit.
    I dont think so, spent plenty this year to try and compete with Celtic. Not so sure it was wisely spent.

Good luck to Declan, always thought he was a decent player, maybe not the best defensively.

Wage relief

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wage relief
    Quite right - not good enough for this level.
    Fine for League 1 level SPL.