+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Danny Ward out for 3 months

Danny Ward out for 3 months

Gunners has had an op on his ankle and faces at least another month on the sidelines. Kads and Ken not far away though and Jazz back training. Some light at the end of a long tunnel.

Re: Danny Ward out for 3 months

We definitely need a striker, midfielder and winger in the January window!

Couldn't make it up.. Yet still we are second.
    Well done squad, and NW.
    But yes we could do with a bit of help

Kinel mun When are We going to get a bit of luck

Gunnarsson biggest loss. He’ll be struggling for full fitness until March. All too late then and he waves goodbye on a hefty salary

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Gunnarsson biggest loss. He’ll be struggling for full fitness until March. All too late then and he waves goodbye on a hefty salary
    Soon as the world cup qualification was achieved I thought we would see little of him anyway injury or no injury

Agreed Life on Mars, we can’t sell him in January now he’s injured so he’ll go on a free in summer unless we are in Premiership. We should have signed Ledley for a Free in the summer, Derby haven’t lost with him in the side and are a big danger to our 2nd place?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Soon as the world cup qualification was achieved I thought we would see little of him anyway injury or no injury
    Why? Surely he wants to stay match fit and be on his best form, hence why players move for first team football in World Cup years

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Agreed Life on Mars, we can’t sell him in January now he’s injured so he’ll go on a free in summer unless we are in Premiership. We should have signed Ledley for a Free in the summer, Derby haven’t lost with him in the side and are a big danger to our 2nd place?
    Agreed. Ledley would have been a great signing. I’m sure he was edging his bets by only signing a 6 month contract at derby initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why? Surely he wants to stay match fit and be on his best form, hence why players move for first team football in World Cup years
    Captain of Iceland, v small pool of players, no fear of not being selected. A cynic would say the less games he plays for us, the less risk of an injury derailing his next move, more time to heal niggling injuries etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Agreed. Ledley would have been a great signing. I’m sure he was edging his bets by only signing a 6 month contract at derby initially.
    If I remember rightly the consensus on this board at the time was that Ledley was past it, not good enough and not worth the wages.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Give some credit to the other Derby players

It’s not all down to Ledley

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    If I remember rightly the consensus on this board at the time was that Ledley was past it, not good enough and not worth the wages.
    Absolutely. I remember people saying his legs have gone etc etc. Can’t pass etc. I’ve always placed an importance on local players playing for their local clubs. Gives fans a connection with the board. Oh how I would love an Earnie playing for us now.

I bet Saint Ledley’s work rate is NOWHERE near any of of players

I won’t miss him

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Goals,assists how many?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Captain of Iceland, v small pool of players, no fear of not being selected. A cynic would say the less games he plays for us, the less risk of an injury derailing his next move, more time to heal niggling injuries etc.
    I agree with you.

A move in the January transfer window is not in his best interest. Wait until the summer World Cup when his stock will be at his highest. Regardless of how Iceland perform, they will always grab the media attention due to their small size as a football nation.

Gunnarsson can use this exposure to secure himself a free transfer and probably a hefty signing on fee.