+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: BOLTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: BOLTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Nonsense. He’s fit enough to get more minutes at home. Its tactical, and judging by our last 2 away performances, the wrong tactics.

We were playing Bolton away, not Wolves, or Derby.
    Has it crossed your tiny mind that Tomlin may have been carrying an injury from last week and not able to start today, which is probably also why he was taken off before the end. Its ridiculous you criticising Warnocks decisions, bearing in mind the situation we are in.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Whereas your obsession with blaming Warnock for Tomlin's lack of game time is baffling in the extreme. Despite all evidence to the contrary, you're determined to absolve Tomlin of any responsibility.

My "obsession" with Tomlin is that he's got great talent, fits the spot we need as a creative number 10 but simply isn't professional enough for the light to go off in his head that he needs to sort his fitness out. That is stopping him playing more for us, that's something that has hampered and will continue to hamper his career.

If he woke up, he'd realise this is probably his last chance of really doing something at the higher levels. He's got a manager that most players love due to bringing the best out of them and being honest. If he can't realise the opportunity he's got here, then seriously what's the point of him even being here? What would players with a fraction of his talent but the desire and heart think?
    Groundhog post. Zzzz.

I’m off out to drown my sorrows. Enjoy sticking pins in your Tomlin voodoo doll.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Has it crossed your tiny mind that Tomlin may have been carrying an injury from last week and not able to start today, which is probably also why he was taken off before the end. Its ridiculous you criticising Warnocks decisions, bearing in mind the situation we are in.
    Yes that would explain all the other times he hasn’t had a look in. Making things up as usual DML,

It’s not ridiculous to suggest Warnock is too negative away from home at all given the teams we’ve lost or failed to beat.

Groundhog post. Zzzz.

I’m off out to drown my sorrows. Enjoy sticking pins in your Tomlin voodoo doll.
    Sorry, I have to repeat myself for the hard of thinking like yourself.

Enjoy your beer / alcohol of choice, have a good christmas.

Couldn’t beat Reading either. Perhaps we are giving the lower position teams too much respect.
    Only you could make a negative over a team with so many injuries coming back from two goals down away from home to claim a point against a team who were one of the favourites for promotion at the beginning of the season

With regard to Tomlin, it was Warnock who signed him so either he didn't get his research right or juts made a mistake. Something not right there, re fitness, off the field stuff or something because if he can' get a game in this midfield with Bryson and Gunnarsson out, and with Halford preferred, I can't put my finger on it.

I’m sorry but that cannot be the reason.

How can that explain his extremely limited involvement in pretty much every other game this season?! 🤔

Yes that would explain all the other times he hasn’t had a look in. Making things up as usual DML,

It’s not ridiculous to suggest Warnock is too negative away from home at all given the teams we’ve lost or failed to beat.
    But we have beaten Wolves, Middlesborough, Sunderland, Barnsley and Forest away from home this season playing exactly the same way, so yes it is ridiculous that you state we are too negative.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    We need players back from injury and fit for depth / rotation.

Think it also shows we're missing Bryson more than most realise.
    Bryson?!

🙈🙈🙈🙈

Today was poor. The Tomlin Incident will rumble. The banana skin did its' thing. Everyone feels angry, depressed or deflated.

But....

We are at the half way point of the season, in 2nd place (3 points clear of 3rd) with more than 2 points a game, with injured players coming back and a commitment from the club and manager to strengthen in the January window.

Glass three quarters full or one quarter empty?

But we have beaten Wolves, Middlesborough, Sunderland, Barnsley and Forest away from home this season playing exactly the same way, so yes it is ridiculous that you state we are too negative.
    Did we play a right back in midfield whilst leaving midfielde on the bench in any of those wins? Or Halford? How many of those wins did he start?

Going to the likes of Wolves, Boro, even Forest with the form they were in at the time, and keeping it tight is the right thing to do.

Going away to struggling sides like Bolton and Birmingham isn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Today was poor. The Tomlin Incident will rumble. The banana skin did its' thing. Everyone feels angry, depressed or deflated.

But....

We are at the half way point of the season, in 2nd place (3 points clear of 3rd) with more than 2 points a game, with injured players coming back and a commitment from the club and manager to strengthen in the January window.

Wolves are gone and the way Derby are playing it’s only a matter of time before they over take us.

Play offs would have been an excellent acheivment beginning of the season and realistically that’s where we are most likely to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

But....

Agree we can't get to down if this was offered at the start of the season we'd all snap the hand off but my concern is why are we struggling against shit sides? NW needs to change tactics a bit when playing these teams halford was a waste of a place today Ralls and damour could've covered midfield and someone playing in the 10 position

Still a long way to go. Players coming back from injury... who knows.

At the moment we've in position to promote, have lost what 4 games? We're still in a good spot. Lots of work to do, but we're where we are on merit.

Wolves are gone and the way Derby are playing it’s only a matter of time before they over take us.

Play offs would have been an excellent acheivment beginning of the season and realistically that’s where we are most likely to finish.
    Probably agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Agree we can't get to down if this was offered at the start of the season we'd all snap the hand off but my concern is why are we struggling against shit sides? NW needs to change tactics a bit when playing these teams halford was a waste of a place today Ralls and damour could've covered midfield and someone playing in the 10 position
    Not true that we only struggle against shit sides. Birmingham, Bolton and Brizzle City are fair enough, but Preston are decent!

The Halford selection is interesting. I don't know if it really represents a negative approach from NW in away games or if something else is going on - maybe playing a DM like him gives Junior and NML more licence to get forward and stay forward (even if that didn't work today). Maybe it is part of the Tomlingate story too.

I wasn't at the game so had to rely on internet commentary, but it sounded as if Halford was one of our better players today, and on **** he is leading the MOM poll (most comments with the votes from people who were at the ground)

Did we play a right back in midfield whilst leaving midfielde on the bench in any of those wins? Or Halford? How many of those wins did he start?

Going to the likes of Wolves, Boro, even Forest with the form they were in at the time, and keeping it tight is the right thing to do.

Going away to struggling sides like Bolton and Birmingham isn’t.
    Have to agree with this. Warnock allowed the team to get beaten in both games. The game could have been over inside an hour with the right team selection, which would have paved the way for the necessary substitutions and "playing it safe" for the last 3rd of the game. As it was, Warnock did the opposite and we were left chasing the game with time running out.

Anyone know the reason our goal was disallowed?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Have to agree with this. Warnock allowed the team to get beaten in both games. The game could have been over inside an hour with the right team selection, which would have paved the way for the necessary substitutions and "playing it safe" for the last 3rd of the game. As it was, Warnock did the opposite and we were left chasing the game with time running out.

Anyone know the reason our goal was disallowed?
    Offside

Too late. Again.
    Ask the experts on here. It's all he can handle.

Bad day at the office,roll on Boxing day and put it right.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Why was Tomlin subbed ?
    From the BBC report-

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock:

"With the penalty, it's hit his hand and we've no complaints about that - but deliberate handball? Come on!

"I think you know when it's a penalty and they were really fortunate to get that.

"When you come up against a side like Bolton you need a strong referee and I think he was weak today. I thought some of the challenges were horrendous early doors and I think we've had more bookings than them.

"With Tomlin I took him off at 2-0 and I could see what [Karl] Henry and Pratley were doing to wind him up and get him sent off, so why not get him off? We'd lost the points, we didn't want to lose a player as well."

That's exactly the point. You don't play exactly the same way against teams at the bottom. By doing that you let them get into the game and give them confidence. You take the game to them and don't give them a chance to get into the game. They're at the bottom for a reason. Until Warnock changes his negative tactics against teams at the bottom he deserves to continue losing these games.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    That's exactly the point. You don't play exactly the same way against teams at the bottom. By doing that you let them get into the game and give them confidence. You take the game to them and don't give them a chance to get into the game. They're at the bottom for a reason. Until Warnock changes his negative tactics against teams at the bottom he deserves to continue losing these games.
    Some sense at last

So Tomlin wasn’t carry an injury, nor was he taken off because of injury, nor was he not started because he was unfit. All confirmed by Warnock himself.
    He thought the game would be too physical for Tomlin as Bolton are a physical side. Unfortunately that meant we created **** all against one of the poor teams in the division. Again. Just like at Birmingham.