+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlin Substitution?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tomlin Substitution?

Warnock post-match "With Tomlin I took him off at 2-0 and I could see what Henry and Prattley were doing to wind him up and get him sent off, so why not get him off? We'd lost the points, we didn't want to lose a player as well."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42375402

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Warnock post-match "With Tomlin I took him off at 2-0 and I could see what Henry and Prattley were doing to wind him up and get him sent off, so why not get him off? We'd lost the points, we didn't want to lose a player as well."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42375402
    I think that Warnock it bullshitting there, he was pissed at Tomlin, if i was Pratley or Henry, i'd have thought 'job done' when Tomlin was subbed. Selfish by Warnock-in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think that Warnock it bullshitting there, he was pissed at Tomlin, if i was Pratley or Henry, i'd have thought 'job done' when Tomlin was subbed. Selfish by Warnock-in my opinion.
    Truth is we're all sat down here two hundred miles or more from the action. For me, Warnock is miles in credit when it comes to what he is doing right or wrong and so, until we know more than we do now, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions about what happened with Tomlin today.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Truth is we're all sat down here two hundred miles or more from the action. For me, Warnock is miles in credit when it comes to what he is doing right or wrong and so, until we know more than we do now, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions about what happened with Tomlin today.
    Fair enough, you play it safe! Ask yourself the question, how often does it happen? and on the rare occassion it does happen, it's either because the player has pissed off the manager, or a goalkeeper has been sent off, and an outfield player needs sacrificing. So, i'm going to ask the question. If i'm wrong, then so be it.

Fair enough, you play it safe! Ask yourself the question, how often does it happen? and on the rare occassion it does happen, it's either because the player has pissed off the manager, or a goalkeeper has been sent off, and an outfield player needs sacrificing. So, i'm going to ask the question. If i'm wrong, then so be it.
    You are right. It is such an unusual occurrence it is only natural that people will ask questions.

Not that Colin will care of course. And rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    You are right. It is such an unusual occurrence it is only natural that people will ask questions.

Not that Colin will care of course. And rightly so.
    Yup, Warnock is doing a wonderful job, but I sense that he has big frustrations with Tomlin.

The time to raise the sort of matters you are is on Tuesday night if Tomlin doesn't play any part in the Fulham match. As Neil Warnock has admitted himself, he doesn't always tell the media the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so I'm not going to say that the I took him off before he got sent off line was definitely the true version of events. However, if Tomlin features at all against Fulham then I would say that it probably was - I just don't say the point in any speculation or conspiracy theories until then.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The time to raise the sort of matters you are is on Tuesday night if Tomlin doesn't play any part in the Fulham match. As Neil Warnock has admitted himself, he doesn't always tell the media the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so I'm not going to say that the I took him off before he got sent off line was definitely the true version of events. However, if Tomlin features at all against Fulham then I would say that it probably was - I just don't say the point in any speculation or conspiracy theories until then.
    so, shouldn't really raise the subject until Tuesday,see if Tomlin plays-Warnock's 'Whole truth' 'Speculation' 'Conspiracy theories' Kin' ell Bob, a player has been taken off, ten minutes after he had been put on, I think that the player has upset the manager-That's all.

I think Warnock deserves the benefit of the doubt on this one though. We weren't going to get anything out of the game and if you have to pick one player out of our squad you'd think would be the most likely to react to provocation, then it would be Tomlin by a mile.

Was he pissed at Tomlin? Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I think Warnock deserves the benefit of the doubt on this one though. We weren't going to get anything out of the game and if you have to pick one player out of our squad you'd think would be the most likely to react to provocation, then it would be Tomlin by a mile.

Was he pissed at Tomlin? Probably.
    I remember Warnock having a right go at Peltier at the end of the one midweek games towards the end of last season. Peltier had a good game, but Warnock was going ballistic at him on the pitch for some reason, as the players were shaking hands. Ditto Bamba and the Ipswich incident. If Tomlin wins us the game on Tuesday, I'm sure Warnock and Tomlin will be best of friends at the final whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I remember Warnock having a right go at Peltier at the end of the one midweek games towards the end of last season. Peltier had a good game, but Warnock was going ballistic at him on the pitch for some reason, as the players were shaking hands. Ditto Bamba and the Ipswich incident. If Tomlin wins us the game on Tuesday, I'm sure Warnock and Tomlin will be best of friends at the final whistle.
    Think Warnock referenced that kind of thing in an interview before. If he blows up, the player knows it's for good reason. The player also knows it's then over, so no holding of grudges.