+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Substitution?

Tomlin Substitution?

What was that all about? On for ten minutes as a sub, then pulled off in injury time for Feeney-Don't know if Tomlin had a knock, as nothing was said on the radio, and Tomlin supposedly shrugged his shoulders on the way off. If i'm going to jump to conclusions (and I am) looks as though Warnock was punishing Tomlin (if he was not injured) hope that's not the case, although it seems a shit thing to do to Tomlin.

Re: Tomlin Substitution?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What was that all about? On for ten minutes as a sub, then pulled off in injury time for Feeney-Don't know if Tomlin had a knock, as nothing was said on the radio, and Tomlin supposedly shrugged his shoulders on the way off. If i'm going to jump to conclusions (and I am) looks as though Warnock was punishing Tomlin (if he was not injured) hope that's not the case, although it seems a shit thing to do to Tomlin.
    Warnock is well known for his man management skills. Some need a cuddle, some need a kick up the arse.

Maybe he's just got to the point with Tomlin where he feels he's done all he can with regards to the "carrot" approach and needs to start using the "stick".

Oh God. I just assumed that he picked up an injury as it is a weird thing to happen, to sub a sub especially after he has been on the pitch for such a short period of time. 🙈

Perhaps he wants to piss him so he can get rid in January and bring another player like Greg Halford in

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Perhaps he wants to piss him so he can get rid in January and bring another player like Greg Halford in
    Halford shouldn't be anywhere near it. I'm not sticking up for Tomlin, Warnock seems very frustrated with him, and it looks to me like a dose of humiliation was sent Tomlin's way. Hope i'm wrong, and the people that went may have seen things differently. Very odd.

Halford shouldn't be anywhere near it. I'm not sticking up for Tomlin, Warnock seems very frustrated with him, and it looks to me like a dose of humiliation was sent Tomlin's way. Hope i'm wrong, and the people that went may have seen things differently. Very odd.
    Perhaps he done it to deflect away from questions on his own failings today.

Gunnarsson is out long term now. Bryson also injured.

What's the alternative to Halford as DM? Bamba again and bring Connolly in?

We miss Bryson more than most realise imo.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Perhaps he done it to deflect away from questions on his own failings today.
    Very odd selection today why the **** halford played I don't know there was no need for 3 in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Very odd selection today why the **** halford played I don't know there was no need for 3 in the middle
    Agree, and Halford was sitting infront of the back four doing nothing, a lone striker, when maybe a flat 442 could've been an option, i know that we're struggling for strikers, but i'd give Mendez a shout up front with Bogle, or as it was later-Zohore.

Agree, and Halford was sitting infront of the back four doing nothing, a lone striker, when maybe a flat 442 could've been an option, i know that we're struggling for strikers, but i'd give Mendez a shout up front with Bogle, or as it was later-Zohore.
    Go 4-4-2 and Ralls and Damour would have been overrun.

According to a poster on **** it was for wasting time arguing with the ref. Pissed Warnock off and he subbed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    According to a poster on **** it was for wasting time arguing with the ref. Pissed Warnock off and he subbed him.

If that's true, then it's the second time he's done that and I don't think Warnock can be faulted for hauling him off. Carry on doing the same stupid thing, patience will wear out.

Warnock post-match "With Tomlin I took him off at 2-0 and I could see what Henry and Prattley were doing to wind him up and get him sent off, so why not get him off? We'd lost the points, we didn't want to lose a player as well."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42375402

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Go 4-4-2 and Ralls and Damour would have been overrun.
    That's not a given, depends how we play, how the striker holds the ball and how wingers tuck in. There's a massive reliance on our wingers doing the damage, today it didn't work, Bolton sounded like a physical outfit, maybe an extra man up front would have given them something to think about, nothing was sticking, hence the belting we seemed to have (physically) in midfield today, Bolton are no footballing side, they won battles, and that started up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Warnock post-match "With Tomlin I took him off at 2-0 and I could see what Henry and Prattley were doing to wind him up and get him sent off, so why not get him off? We'd lost the points, we didn't want to lose a player as well."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42375402
    I think that Warnock it bullshitting there, he was pissed at Tomlin, if i was Pratley or Henry, i'd have thought 'job done' when Tomlin was subbed. Selfish by Warnock-in my opinion.

I think that Warnock it bullshitting there, he was pissed at Tomlin, if i was Pratley or Henry, i'd have thought 'job done' when Tomlin was subbed. Selfish by Warnock-in my opinion.
    Truth is we're all sat down here two hundred miles or more from the action. For me, Warnock is miles in credit when it comes to what he is doing right or wrong and so, until we know more than we do now, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions about what happened with Tomlin today.

I think Warnock deserves the benefit of the doubt on this one though. We weren't going to get anything out of the game and if you have to pick one player out of our squad you'd think would be the most likely to react to provocation, then it would be Tomlin by a mile.

Was he pissed at Tomlin? Probably.

That's not a given, depends how we play, how the striker holds the ball and how wingers tuck in. There's a massive reliance on our wingers doing the damage, today it didn't work, Bolton sounded like a physical outfit, maybe an extra man up front would have given them something to think about, nothing was sticking, hence the belting we seemed to have (physically) in midfield today, Bolton are no footballing side, they won battles, and that started up front.
    Bolton are a physical side all over. That's why I believe Ralls and Damour would have been overrun up against their midfield alone. Neither are a midfield destroyer; sure, nor is Halford but at least he as more of a physical presence than those two.

Tomlin squared up to Pratley.
    Last thing we need is to lose another player on a ban

I think Warnock deserves the benefit of the doubt on this one though. We weren't going to get anything out of the game and if you have to pick one player out of our squad you'd think would be the most likely to react to provocation, then it would be Tomlin by a mile.

Was he pissed at Tomlin? Probably.
    I remember Warnock having a right go at Peltier at the end of the one midweek games towards the end of last season. Peltier had a good game, but Warnock was going ballistic at him on the pitch for some reason, as the players were shaking hands. Ditto Bamba and the Ipswich incident. If Tomlin wins us the game on Tuesday, I'm sure Warnock and Tomlin will be best of friends at the final whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I remember Warnock having a right go at Peltier at the end of the one midweek games towards the end of last season. Peltier had a good game, but Warnock was going ballistic at him on the pitch for some reason, as the players were shaking hands. Ditto Bamba and the Ipswich incident. If Tomlin wins us the game on Tuesday, I'm sure Warnock and Tomlin will be best of friends at the final whistle.
    Think Warnock referenced that kind of thing in an interview before. If he blows up, the player knows it's for good reason. The player also knows it's then over, so no holding of grudges.

He will never ever ever learn.

He didn’t learn at City. Didn’t learn at Middlesbrough, at Bournemouth or at Peterborough.

He has the talent of a Premier League player.
    He has the attitude and fitness of a Sunday pub league player.

This is why he is pissing his career up against the wall.
    A fantastically gifted player but an unfit waste of space as a bloke.
    Such a shame.

What Cardiff are seeing is what umpteen other clubs have seen.

Nobody learns anything with your lot other than how to grow an extra finger.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Truth is we're all sat down here two hundred miles or more from the action. For me, Warnock is miles in credit when it comes to what he is doing right or wrong and so, until we know more than we do now, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions about what happened with Tomlin today.
    Fair enough, you play it safe! Ask yourself the question, how often does it happen? and on the rare occassion it does happen, it's either because the player has pissed off the manager, or a goalkeeper has been sent off, and an outfield player needs sacrificing. So, i'm going to ask the question. If i'm wrong, then so be it.

Gunnarsson is out long term now. Bryson also injured.

What's the alternative to Halford as DM? Bamba again and bring Connolly in?

We miss Bryson more than most realise imo.
    Manga is my choice as a defensive midfielder